Blue eye bearded dragons Marek's/herpies - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-20-2012, 04:38 PM   #71
witblits
"Bearded dragons eyes DO NOT respond to light"

Steven they do. Perhaps the ones you have dissected don't... Jokes. A normal dragon's pupils will respond to light, but very little.

I think the sandy thing you are referring to is the lens. Not sure what you mean.

Old 01-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #72
bloodbankdragon
I am not an opthamologist. Why the rude question?

I had a legitimate question. "Do bearded dragons have irises?"

Do I have to be an opthamologist to ask this question?

I agree with your assessment of my dissection. They do have an iris. Thanks for sharring your info.

Old 01-20-2012, 05:21 PM   #73
witblits
"I am not an opthamologist. Why the rude question?"
Not rude at all. How you deduce that I was rude I am not sure. I just asked because you stated that they DO NOT repsond to light. I just wanted to know how much experience you have in measuring PLR. So definately not rude, maybe slightly sarcastic but not rude. I'm not a ride guy. I have been trying to help you all the way here.

So on to the BLUE eyes now.

Old 01-20-2012, 05:24 PM   #74
witblits
Steven, the right thing to do here would actualy be to submit a bearded dragon eye to a veterinary pathologist/anatomist and have them do histopath on a cross section of the eye. That way we will know exactly what their eyes are made up of.

Old 01-20-2012, 05:24 PM   #75
bloodbankdragon
Very well. What is the question about blue eyes?

Old 01-20-2012, 05:35 PM   #76
witblits
I have no questions about the blue eyes. Well actualy I do. But I am referring to your original questions and statements on the Blue eyed dragons;
are they genetic, what basis of inheritance then, are they pathologic, what causes then, etc.

Old 01-20-2012, 05:59 PM   #77
GreathouseFarm
Quote:
Originally Posted by witblits View Post
Wow! That is cool. What is even cooler is the variation between them. Seems that there are indeed a pigmented iris in them. And that this iris is hypermelanistic! Not translucent. Thanks Kelli

Any pictures of abnormal trans eyes out there?

Any pictures of a dragon's eyes where it has a "red eye effect" guys?
I'm not an expert by any means but as far as what makes the translucent have a "black" eye - I have always attributed it to their lack of white pigment. Just like their skin lacks white pigment, I assumed the eye did as well. When you look at a (full) trans eye in the light/sun you can see it's actually dark brown.

On the other end you have hypos who seem to usually have whiter eyes. But when I look at a typical dragons eye (including all these pictures) I see a white background with varying degrees of vascular activity.

I won't go into all the rudeness going back and forth. Perhaps there is some loss of meaning in the language barrier. But when I first read Steven's original post I did not think he was trying to say he had all the answers or this is the diagnosis of all blue eyes. To me I got that he was saying look at all the possible explanations.. And the fact that none have yet to reproduce. The science behind it is fascinating but the bottom line remains the same. If you can't reproduce it than it just an anomaly.

And a silver/white eye is not a blue eye. I like to look at the Hypo Trans from All about the beardeds as I have had one the same. This is what a true blue eyed dragon should look like. Unfortunately all these specimens happen to be hypo trans and the eyes may always become dark/black.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:00 PM   #78
bloodbankdragon
I have only seen polygenic flukes and miss interpeted eyes.

http://bloodbankdragons.com/2011photos/zeyed.htm

Old 01-20-2012, 06:12 PM   #79
GreathouseFarm
Sort of like a rabbit with one blue eye and one brown because the fur around the blue eye is white!

Old 01-20-2012, 06:25 PM   #80
bloodbankdragon
The patches of white on your rabit is piebald. A partial form of leucism related to enzyme defect. Reduced pigment = blueish.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!