Info Courtney & George Schertler - Retic Owners Watch Puppy Being Eaten and Posts Pics - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #51
RichsBallPythons
The last post just convinced me that they are out hunting for free and unwanted animals just to feed off.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:06 PM   #52
WebSlave
Warning: Perhaps I missed the point of all this, and I apologize if so, but someone really needs to explain to me what this thread has to do with any sort of business transaction or business aspect of the topic matter. The BOI is not just a catch-all section for any and all types of threads that people may want to post here. If you will note, The Board of Inquiry forum is located in the BUSINESS category of this site, which certainly implies the focus of which sorts of topics should be posted here.

Unless I am presented with a convincing argument why this should remain in the BOI, this thread will be moved to a more appropriate forum.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:29 PM   #53
meowmeowkazoo
Rich, I am glad it is in the BOI.

The evidence provided has shown me that they cannot be trusted with any animal. I would NEVER want to sell to or buy from them. I don't care if they ship perfectly healthy babies out and have amazing customer service, nobody should be giving their money to known animal abusers.

While this was not a business transaction, it is invaluable insight as to how they 'care' for the animals they own, and undoubtedly how they care for the ones they buy and sell. Feeding wild animals to snakes is a health hazard.

Threads have been made before about 'rescues' and about animal hoarders. I strongly feel that this information is relevant to anybody who might consider doing business with them in the future.

Monstrous is the best word I can think of to describe their actions. They should not be a part of our community or our hobby.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:30 PM   #54
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Warning:
Unless I am presented with a convincing argument why this should remain in the BOI, this thread will be moved to a more appropriate forum.
In the sense that it could be used to gauge the character of a prospective buyer/seller, I think the thread has some validity. I can imagine that some people wouldn't like the idea of supporting keepers who, at best, put animals in extremely precarious positions where one pet may eat another. Such negligent practices would likely be of interest to anyone considering a business transaction with this thread's subjects. Even assuming that the puppy's death was accidental, which, considering their apparent advocacy of alternative feeders (the squirrel), may be open to debate.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #55
DesertRat73
I'm currently a small time Boa breeder/business owner and will be remaining so for at least the next five years. As such I want to know the animals I produce go to good homes and responsible keepers. Being small time affords me that luxury for the time being. Being able to come here and see the name of such incredibly irresponsible keepers is extremely valuable. It falls under potential business to me, or a caution to not do business with. It's my opinion that it should stay.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:51 PM   #56
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Warning: Perhaps I missed the point of all this, and I apologize if so, but someone really needs to explain to me what this thread has to do with any sort of business transaction or business aspect of the topic matter. The BOI is not just a catch-all section for any and all types of threads that people may want to post here. If you will note, The Board of Inquiry forum is located in the BUSINESS category of this site, which certainly implies the focus of which sorts of topics should be posted here.

The fact that these people are so negligent and are proverbial ticking time bombs is exactly why people should be aware of them because no one should be selling to them unless they would like to help contribute to the demise of the industry that could result in the financial ruination of thousands.

This thread is to warn sellers not to do business with these people.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:59 PM   #57
WebSlave
Fair enough. For now, anyway. But the conversation from this point forward MUST be limited to relevant discussions ABOUT the persons identified in the topic line. Generally broad statements and side discussions focusing on general animal cruelty in relation to pets, etc., is not fare for the BOI and needs to be discussed elsewhere.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:34 PM   #58
meowmeowkazoo
I suppose somebody should notify them of this thread.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:36 PM   #59
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmeowkazoo View Post
I suppose somebody should notify them of this thread.
As I mentioned before, I cannot. I have been blocked from viewing them on Facebook which means I cannot even search them to send a message.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:37 AM   #60
meowmeowkazoo
Courtney has been made aware of this thread. She expressed unhappiness with her husband taking the pictures and posting them online, which seems to correlate with what was said earlier. Stated that her father-in-law was supposed to be watching the puppy.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!