Courtney Gaverth Trade Problem Need Input please.. - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-18-2006, 12:54 AM   #21
Justin Mitcham
What planet your from..slander..not slander speaking the truth..
I didn't create it to tarnish his name but to ask opinion..I am responding to you and his post..so if the response is what tarnishes his name then so be it..

Old 09-18-2006, 12:55 AM   #22
Justin Mitcham
show us the threats please?

Old 09-18-2006, 12:58 AM   #23
clw22
Removed - Full name violation - DThomas

Old 09-18-2006, 01:00 AM   #24
christopher66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Mitcham
show us the threats please?
In your e-mail to him that you posted on the other thread,
you do make a statement that looked to me as a "threat".
just my opinion dude.

Old 09-18-2006, 01:05 AM   #25
Justin Mitcham
I only stated that I will go here for opinions if he screws me and it will likely tarnish his reputation...if that is taken as threat then so be it..only person who would be threatened by this would be someone who is dishonest to begin with.

Old 09-18-2006, 01:20 AM   #26
christopher66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Mitcham
I only stated that I will go here for opinions if he screws me and it will likely tarnish his reputation...if that is taken as threat then so be it..only person who would be threatened by this would be someone who is dishonest to begin with.

Its possible but,
some people such as myself are not threatened by threats ,because we are honest.
I take threats as an offensive gesture.That will be dealt with in an offensive manner.
I gave you my opinion on how your statement looked to me,yes you said "opinions" ,but i saw a "veiled threat".

Old 09-18-2006, 09:23 AM   #27
bsharrah
I rarely post here but feel the need to interject an outside opinion considering most of this thread to date is just arguing between those involved – and their ‘not full name posting friends’.

In my opinion, Courtney has done nothing wrong here and the $50 refund was a very reasonable resolution. Few sellers are willing to work with buyers that do not report problems within 24 hours of receiving the animals. I understand nothing was specifically stated in any TOS but I am just stating what seems to be the norm. Justin, it was very kind and noble of you to offer a one month guarantee on the animals you shipped Courtney but it is also very wrong to assume you should get the same guarantee. Whether you realize it or not, your 30 day health guarantee speaks highly of your character, but when you expect the same in return just because you are willing to offer it, you just tarnished that same character.

As far as the kink, Justin, you had time to examine the animals upon receipt prior to shipping to Courtney. You then had more time to examine the animal in question before shipping it to your friend. You did not notice the kink, yet in a previous post you stated to Courtney:

Quote:
A kink doesn't happen overnite...honestly I don't see how you could of missed it.
Yet you missed it yourself, not only upon receiving the animal but also when you shipped it to your friend. So what you are saying is you tried selling your friend a snake for $130 that you didn’t even examine, even slightly. You are correct, the kink probably did not occur overnight and it probably was shipped by Courtney that way; however, you have some fault in this as well because you too missed it and failed to notify Courtney in what many sellers would have considered a more than reasonable time period.

There was no monetary value placed on the trade from what I have heard to date. Courtney offered you a $50 refund which he didn’t even have to do that. Your first post indicating what you would have made on the animal in question and the amount you paid to ship it to your friend and back is irrelevant to this thread.

And this quote by Justin also should be addressed:

Quote:
...also you bashing me for overlooking the kink..this whole problem started because he over looked it... come on guys think before you post..
Some could argue that the problem started because YOU overlooked the kink. Had you examined the animals properly upon receipt and contacted Courtney, this whole situation would have been different. I can’t assume how Courtney would have handled it, no one can, but I am sure the outcome would have been different. Also, just because people aren’t taking your side in this, doesn’t mean they aren’t thinking.

I would take the $50 and end this here. This thread could also be viewed negatively towards you Justin. It could appear to some that you are a bit to hasty to post on the BOI when a deal doesn’t go in your favor. I think many would feel Courtney handled this properly. Again, the fact that you were going to make money on this animal and then lost money in shipping has no relevance to the deal between you two.

As stated, this is my opinion which I threw out there to add a different twist to things. Of course, you can just chalk it up to a lot of babble from some newbie if it helps you sleep better; however, you asked for input.

Bart Sharrah

Old 09-18-2006, 09:31 AM   #28
christopher66
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsharrah
I rarely post here but feel the need to interject an outside opinion considering most of this thread to date is just arguing between those involved – and their ‘not full name posting friends’.

In my opinion, Courtney has done nothing wrong here and the $50 refund was a very reasonable resolution. Few sellers are willing to work with buyers that do not report problems within 24 hours of receiving the animals. I understand nothing was specifically stated in any TOS but I am just stating what seems to be the norm. Justin, it was very kind and noble of you to offer a one month guarantee on the animals you shipped Courtney but it is also very wrong to assume you should get the same guarantee. Whether you realize it or not, your 30 day health guarantee speaks highly of your character, but when you expect the same in return just because you are willing to offer it, you just tarnished that same character.

As far as the kink, Justin, you had time to examine the animals upon receipt prior to shipping to Courtney. You then had more time to examine the animal in question before shipping it to your friend. You did not notice the kink, yet in a previous post you stated to Courtney:

Yet you missed it yourself, not only upon receiving the animal but also when you shipped it to your friend. So what you are saying is you tried selling your friend a snake for $130 that you didn’t even examine, even slightly. You are correct, the kink probably did not occur overnight and it probably was shipped by Courtney that way; however, you have some fault in this as well because you too missed it and failed to notify Courtney in what many sellers would have considered a more than reasonable time period.

There was no monetary value placed on the trade from what I have heard to date. Courtney offered you a $50 refund which he didn’t even have to do that. Your first post indicating what you would have made on the animal in question and the amount you paid to ship it to your friend and back is irrelevant to this thread.

And this quote by Justin also should be addressed:

Some could argue that the problem started because YOU overlooked the kink. Had you examined the animals properly upon receipt and contacted Courtney, this whole situation would have been different. I can’t assume how Courtney would have handled it, no one can, but I am sure the outcome would have been different. Also, just because people aren’t taking your side in this, doesn’t mean they aren’t thinking.

I would take the $50 and end this here. This thread could also be viewed negatively towards you Justin. It could appear to some that you are a bit to hasty to post on the BOI when a deal doesn’t go in your favor. I think many would feel Courtney handled this properly. Again, the fact that you were going to make money on this animal and then lost money in shipping has no relevance to the deal between you two.

As stated, this is my opinion which I threw out there to add a different twist to things. Of course, you can just chalk it up to a lot of babble from some newbie if it helps you sleep better; however, you asked for input.

Bart Sharrah
I think Barts "babble " is right on the money.

Old 09-18-2006, 10:01 AM   #29
DThomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by clw22
Sorry, but I am not interested in reading any rule lists.
Unacceptable. Goodbye.

Old 09-18-2006, 10:17 AM   #30
Justin Mitcham
I appreciate your opinion..maybe you are right to a degree.
The kink is noticable when you handle the animal, being that it arrived in full shed I didn't handle it and left her alone till she shed. I feel since I gave him a one month full health and feeding guarentee he should pony up and offer the same. Just my two cents'
My morals are the basis of my terms not technicalities.
BTW I wouldn't of probably brought this here if he hadn't told me I'd get nothing if I ask for opinions here.
Below is a quote from his email..
"you talk shit on me, you get nothing."
it speaks volumes when a breeder gets a 1 month health , feeding and genetics guarantee that is transferable and is stated such in writing..but does not feel that he should offer even 1/4 of the same guarantee in return on his animals.
But then again this is why I have repeat customers on 3 continets many of which go back 8-10 years.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!