Bad Guy BEWARE OF DRAGON FORTRESS - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-18-2015, 01:57 PM   #1
Top Notch Dragons
BEWARE OF DRAGON FORTRESS

NAME: STEPHANIE SNYDER (SANDERS)
COMPANY NAME: DRAGON FORTRESS (http://www.dragonfortress.com/)
FAUNA USER NAME: DRAGONFORTRESS
EMAIL ADDRESS: contact@dragonfortress.com OR 09dragonfortress@gmail.com OR slsanders2628@gmail.com
TICKET #: 467688

The following is the correspondence (via email, text, Facebook and Dragon Fortress' ticketing system) between Dragon Fortress and I in response to their available dragons posted on their website: “508K. Leatherback Dunner PDH Female Citrus Tiger 6" $175 AND 120e. 6.5" Male Hypo Leatherback Dunner CitrusTiger $250``. I paid for the Dragons on 05/18/2014 AND 01/25/2015 via a charges to my American Express Card This issue has been ongoing for over a year and I still have not received the second Dragon or a refund:

CHRIS 05/19: Hi Stephanie, I just wanted to remind you about those pics when you get a chance. Also, what is your husband's name so I know who to communicate with? Thanks
CHRIS 05/27: Hi Stephanie, I hope all went well with the delivery of your baby I don't mean to be a pest but I didn't get a reply to the message below. Completely understandable given the arrival of your baby. I just want to confirm shipment of the Dragon this Thur. May 29th for a May 30th pick up. I have arranged a delivery from another Breeder on the same day so I would like to confirm shipment. Otherwise I won't be able to receive shipment for at least another month and a half. Thanks Chris
CHRIS 05/30: Hello, We were not able to ship your dragon yesterday. Someone will be in contact with you shortly to see what you you'd like to do. Thanks Dragon Fortress

CHRIS 06/21: Good morning Stephanie, I have not received any contact regarding this Dragon & shipment I would like to have her shipped on Thurs 06/26 for a Fri 06/27 pick up please. Can you please confirm Thanks
DRAGON FORTRESS 06/25: Hi Chris,We were wondering if you had made a decision on what you would like to do about your dragon. Would you like us to refund you, or would you like the credit + $50 towards another animal? No rush, just let us know.
-- Thanks Dragon Fortress
CHRIS 06/25: Good morning, I have not received any communication regarding the Dragon besides the message on 05/30 saying that you were unable to ship the Dragon and that I would be contacted soon. I sent an email on 06/21 requesting a 06/26 shipment. Is this possible?
Thanks Chris

CHRIS 06/25: Hello, We're sorry, we had sent you an email about a week and a half ago about your dragon. Someone left her cage open and she got out. She was hiding for a few days. We did find her, however, she stopped eating and does not look very good. If she bounces back, it is going to be a little while before we would feel okay shipping her. We can either refund your money, or offer you a credit for the purchase price $200 + an extra $50 credit for the inconvenience. Just let us know what you would like to do. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks Dragon Fortress
CHRIS 06/29: Hello Stephanie, Do you have an idea of when you \ will be posting new Dragons and if you will have anything similar to offer? Thanks Chris
CHRIS 07/01: Hello Stephanie, I will just get a refund. Can you let me know when this can be done by? Thank you Chris
CHRIS 07/06: Hello Stephanie, Did you receive my previous request for a refund? Thanks Chris
DRAGON FORTRESS 07/07: Hello, We saw this was a girl and wanted to see if you were interested. She has a very slight tail nip (about 1/4"). She is from the same parents as the other dragon and is a double het leather. We can send you her along with $100 refund. We can also send you the full refund, but we saw her and just wanted to put it out there. We're sending these pictures from a phone and can only send one at once, so the full body pic will follow. Thanks Dragon Fortress

DRAGON FORTRESS 07/08: Hello, We did receive your request. Did you receive the pictures we sent yesterday? Thanks Dragon Fortress
CHRIS 07/08: Hi Stephanie, Ok I will go with this female along with the $100.00 refund you offered? Can you ship this Thurs 07/10 for a Fri 07/11 pick up? Thanks
DRAGON FORTRESS 07/09: Hello, Thursday looks perfect for shipping. We'll send you the tracking information once the shipment is set up. Thanks Dragon Fortress

DRAGON FORTRESS 07/10: Hello, We were unable to ship today. This time, fortunately, it was not our fault. When we went to drop the package off, the Fedex employee informed us that their last truck was having problems and they were not sure when the packages would go out. She recommended we wait because we were shipping a live animal. She said that packages were being redirected, and that's where they have the biggest problem with temporarily misplacing them. We apologize for yet another inconvenience. we would have taken to package elsewhere to ship, but they are the only facility that accepts live animals in our area. We have given your dragon it's own tank to ensure no other problems arise. Thanks Dragon Fortress

CHRIS 07/12: Hi Stephanie, Can you ship on Mon 07/14 for a Tue 07/15 pick up? If there is a problem on the shipment date can you please let me know by 1:00pm that day so I can cancel my other shipment please? It is not worth the drive to pick up one Dragon, which is what has happened the last 2 times. If I know by 1:00pm I can contact the other breeder and cancel. Also will you send me a confirmation once the refund has been processed? Thanks Chris
DRAGONS FORTRESS 07/13: Hello, Yes, we will ship tomorrow. I will let you know as soon as the refund goes through. Thanks Dragon Fortress
CHRIS 08/06: Hi Stephanie, Hope all is well with your new baby. Any word on that refund? Thanks Chris
DRAGON FORTRESS 07/14: Hi Chris, Here is your tracking number: 7800 1647 7063 The package is being shipped through FedEx, but you will have to check the tracking through www.shipnex.com. It is guaranteed by 10:30am tomorrow.
Thanks Dragon Fortress

CHRIS 07/16: Hey Stephanie, The Dragon arrived safe and sound Thanks
CHRIS 08/06: Hi Stephanie, Hope all is well with your new baby. Any word on that refund? Thanks Chris
CHRIS 08/27: Hi Stephanie, Is the above mentioned Dragon from your Facebook page still available? If so can I get her please and apply the $100.00? Please let me know Thanks
CHRIS 09/06: Hi Chris, She is still available. If you would still like, we can apply the credit. Otherwise we will be returning it to your credit card on Monday. Thanks Stephanie
CHRIS 09/06: Hi Stephanie, I will take the refund please. Thanks Chris
CHRIS 10/26: Good morning Stephanie, I have been checking my account frequently and I still have not received the $100.00 refund you said you would be processing on 09/08. Can you tell me when the refund will be processed please? Thanks Chris
CHRIS 12/10: Hi Stephanie I have still not received a reply from you or received a refund. I see that you have been making website updates so the problem does not appear to be with accessibility. Can you please tell ,e what is going on. I would like to get this squared away as it has been pending since August. If it is a matter of lack of funds I would be willing to get j. 7" Female Hypo Leatherback Citrus Tiger $80 shipped and call it even. Please let me know as soon as possible because I am expecting another shipment to be sent as early as tomorrow and I would like to coordinate my shipments. Thanks Chris
DRAGON FORTRESS 12/12: Hello, Your last two emails were spammed and we never saw them. Is there an address where we can send the refund instead of putting it on the card? We are having problems with the account associated with the credit cards right now. We can send out a money order on Monday. We are really sorry about the wait and would like to get this resolved for you immediately.

CHRIS 12/13: Hello, Thanks for the reply. My address is: Thanks and I hope all is wellChris

CHRIS 01/06: Hi Stephanie, Did you receive my message on 12/13 with my mailing address? Please confirm when you have a chance. Thanks Chris
CHRIS 01/22: Hi Stephanie, I would like to order the above mentioned Dragon. Can you please contact me to arrange payment? Thanks Chris

DRAGON FORTRESS 01/22: Hi Chris, We are actually able to send an invoice through email now, unless you would like to speak to someone about the animal. Did you receive the money order and did that work out okay? I didn't even take into consideration that you are in Canada. Can you cash it there? Thanks Dragon Fortress

CHRIS 01/22: Hi Stephanie, No I have not received the money order? I was going to as that you take it off of the price of the Dragon. Thanks Chris

DRAGON FORTRESS 01/23: Ok. He's yours. It may have been returned as the post office did call last week while we were away, but if it shows up, at this point it's yours with the discounted dragon. Let me know what you're thinking on shipping. Thanks
Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S® 5 ACTIVE™, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

DRAGON FORTRESS 01/25: Hello, We have not heard back from you and we're wondering what you wanted to do. We are at a show today and did bring that dunner, however, we wanted to give you the first shot at him. Thanks Dragon Fortress
CHRIS 01/25: I just paid the invoice Please confirm receipt Thanks

CHRIS 01/28: Got it. Let me know when you are thinking for shipping. It's really cold this week and probably next as well. Thanks

‎CHRIS 02/15: Hi Stephanie, So the deep freeze continues. Sigh What is the lowest overnight temp you feel comfortable shipping at and can guarantee live arrival? Thanks Chris

CHRIS 03/11: Hi Stephanie, Overnight temps finally look good for tomorrow. Can you ship the Dragon tomorrow 03/12 for a Friday 03/13 pick up please? My shipping address is: Please confirm

CHRIS 03/15: Good morning Stephanie, I opened ticket # 467688 on 03/11 and haven’t got a reply. I also emailed the other addresses that you use and haven’t received a reply from those either. Can you please provide me with an appropriate / reliable means to contact you? I am trying to coordinate a shipment with another Breeder. Thanks Chris

DRAGON FORTRESS 03/25: Hi Chris, I'm really sorry I haven't gotten back to you. I have been dealing with some unfortunate family matters and it has taken me from my work for a few weeks now. Your dragon is still doing well and ready to be shipped whenever you are. I just got my phone back, so please feel free to message me there as well. Thanks Stephanie Dragon Fortress

CHRIS 03/26: Stephanie I am trying to arrange shipping please contact me

CHRIS 04/01: Stephanie can you please contact me?
CHRIS 04/10: Phoned Stephanie

CHRIS 04/19: Hi Stephanie, Thanks for the reply. I hope you have managed to take care of your unfortunate circumstances. How much notice will you require to ship this week and should I message you here or on your cell? Thanks Chris

CHRIS 04/22: Hi Stephanie did you get my message in the ticket system? Thanks

CHRIS 05/01: Phoned Stephanie. No answer and no return call

CHRIS 05/06: Phoned Stephanie. No answer and no return call

CHRIS 05/14: Phoned Stephanie. No answer and no return call

CHRIS 05/23: Phoned Stephanie. No answer and no return call

CHRIS 06/07: Hi Stephanie, Did you receive my message via the ticket system on 04/19? or my email on 04/20? I would like to have the Dragon shipped this week please? Please advise

CHRIS 06/07: Hi Stephanie, I have left you 2 messages in the ticketing system and texted you. I am trying to arrange shipping for the Dragon. Can you please respond as soon as possible? I am trying to coordinate shipping with another Breeder. Thanks Chris

CHRIS 06/14: Hi Stephanie, Is everything ok with the Dragon? I am starting to get concerned
I have called, texted, emailed, left messages via the ticketing system and even left a message on Facebook and have not received a response. I would like to know when I can have the Dragon shipped. Can you please reply when you have a moment? I don't mean to be a pest and I think I have been very patient considering this has been going on for months. Thanks Chris

CHRIS 06/22: Hello Stephanie, This will be my final attempt to contact you before I conclude that you are trying to scam me.
I have tried calling you, texting you, emailing you, sending you messages on Facebook and sending you messages via your website's ticketing system with no response from you. Yet you have found time to update Facebook and your website. That is not right. I have been waiting patiently for months to get this outstanding matter resolved. If something has happened to the Dragon simply let me know and issue a full refund for the $250.00 to my credit card. I do not want to wait even longer for a cheque that will not show up like last time. Then this issue can be resolved. If you still have the Dragon please let me know his current weight and length and send a current picture as he should be a sub adult by now. Then we can arrange shipping this week. I have been more than patient with this issue and do not understand why it has gotten to this point but I just want to get it resolved and move on. Please advise ASAP Thanks Chris

DRAGON FORTRESS 06/26: Hello, We will be resolving this issue immediately for you. Unfortunately Stephanie is not very involved with Dragon Fortress anymore due to some health problems. She has since changed her phone number. From what we now understand, someone did try contacting you a few months ago to set up shipping, but we never heard back. We typically only hold animals free of charge for 2 weeks after purchase as is outlined in our shipping policy on our website. You would owe over $200 in housing costs had we held on to him for that long. Because we have worked with you many times now and the weather conditions were not suitable in the beginning, we let the two week grace period slide at first, but after another two weeks went by and we did not hear back from you, we did put the dragon back up for sale. There is a lot of time/money/and space that goes in to holding a dragon for so long. When someone purchases an animal, we put it in it's own tank to ensure it does not get nipped until it ships. We had him for some time before we finally ended up selling him at a show. We will be sending you a certified letter with a $150 refund. It will need to be signed for, and this way it will also have a tracking number. We will send you the tracking number once the shipment is set up next week. We sincerely apologize for the problems you have experienced with us. We are working to get things back in order to avoid any problems like this in the future. Thank you Dragon Fortress

CHRIS 06/26: Hello, What is your name and relationship to Dragon Fortress? To clarify the shipping delay was agreed upon by both parties due to inclement weather and to not jeopardize the health of the Dragon.
Stephanie contacted me on 03/25 via your Ticketing System telling me that the Dragon was ready for shipment and that I could text her. I texted her on 03/26, 04/01 and then called on 04/10. Finally after not being contacted I left a follow up message in the ticketing system. If the Dragon was sold at a show, why was I not contacted immediately to arrange a refund?
This is the second time that I have been told that I would receive a refund through the mail. Don't you require a mailing address? What date exactly will it be mailed? Thanks

CHRIS 07/01: Hello, I sent a response 6 days ago; not even 30 minutes after you contacted me and there has been NO response.
Can you please provide an update on the status of the refund? When will it be sent? Where will it be sent to? What is the tracking number? Thank you

CHRIS 07/03: I sent a reply on 06/26 5 minutes later you posted updates on Facebook. Then you replied to a question on your Facebook on June 28. I sent another follow up on 07/01 and still no response. Great way to treat a customer that has purchased multiple Dragons from you in the past. I would think that you at least have the decency to respond to a simple query about how and when I will be getting a refund. Thanks for confirming what I long suspected that you are scamming me. I will be posting all correspondence of Fauna BOI to warn people of my experience dealing with your "business".

DRAGON FORTRESS 07/04: We did send you an email right after you posted on facebook. We will send it again as soon as we get home.

The cheque has not been received, the tracking number has not been provided and no further communication has been received.

Old 07-18-2015, 02:52 PM   #2
Lucille
Chris,
I know it has been a while since you paid (through no fault of your own). I would contact American Express and see what they can do for you. Send them a copy of this thread.
I would suggest you make this contact to American Express no matter what Dragon Fortress comes up with. From the correspondence you attribute to Dragon Fortress, they appear to be playing games and may have done so with others.

Old 07-19-2015, 12:55 AM   #3
Croghans Reptiles
Idk how their business is run now, but it sure has changed since I dealt with them in person at a reptile expo last year. I purchased two very healthy jacksons chameleons from them and even managed to breed them. The female died giving birth to her second clutch due to my own inefficiencies as I was not home when it happened. the male I still have, going happy and strong, and even friendly enough to allow me to hold him (no, he's not stressed, his colors stay a calm and mellow green). I even bought them from Stephanie herself. I'm disappointed to hear that they've done this to you, I hope this gets resolved and has a good ending.

Old 07-19-2015, 01:05 AM   #4
LauraB
Sounds like Chris got .

What more can be said after a year of endless excuses?

Old 07-19-2015, 08:51 PM   #5
Top Notch Dragons
Thanks for the advice Lucille
Unfortunately AMEX only allows charges to be disputed within 90 days.

Old 07-21-2015, 08:16 AM   #6
sapphira80

This is from their FB page. So if you complain on Facebook they will delete it, and if you email/call them or use that run-around "ticket system", they will just ignore you. Sounds like excellent customer service.

On a side note, unless you're a major company with hundreds of customer issues a day (like WalMart, Target, Amazon, etc.) those customer service ticket systems just make you look like you want to avoid your customers. How many complaints/issues can they possibly have per day?

Old 07-21-2015, 08:25 AM   #7
sapphira80

I also find it strange that you were told that Stephanie is no longer involved at Dragon Fortress when the business is listed as a sole proprietorship of a Stephanie Snyder (see image above).

Old 07-21-2015, 01:10 PM   #8
Craig Wyatt
What is the owners name of Dragon Fortress.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:42 PM   #9
Top Notch Dragons
Thanks for the additional details sapphira80.
@ Craig. I have only dealt with Stephanie Snyder (Sanders). I believe there is a second individual that represents Dragon Fortress by the name of Edwin Sanders.

Old 07-21-2015, 11:12 PM   #10
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Notch Dragons View Post
Thanks for the additional details sapphira80.
@ Craig. I have only dealt with Stephanie Snyder (Sanders). I believe there is a second individual that represents Dragon Fortress by the name of Edwin Sanders.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=131261

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...er.php?u=56651

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!