Paul James (I'm guessing this is a scam) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:31 PM   #1
Kingetula
Paul James (I'm guessing this is a scam)

I'm selling some CB 08 baby Grey Banded Kings and had them posted on Kingsnake. I recieved an email from Paul James... I'm guessing the following is a scam but... I'm sure it is and I think others should be aware when trying to sell stuff online.

----- Original Message -----
To: kingetula@left blank.net
Sent: Sunday, September 14, 2008 8:11 PM
Subject: CB 08 Grey banded Kings

Hello,
My name is Paul James,and i am interested buying your CB 08 Grey banded Kings,Let me know if still available,and the price offering for it.and i will like you to send me a current picture.
Waiting.

Paul James...

Subject: Re: CB 08 Grey banded Kings
To: paul.james94@.com
Date: Monday, September 15, 2008, 12:35 AM

Hey Paul,

How many would you like?

They are and will be given their first pink this week. Waiting on mice to drop. A couple have ate (1 I am keeping) the rest should get a meal this week some time. I am selling those for $60.00 until they eat. If you would like them before I feed them I will lower the price $50.00 each + Ship (if you take all of them) or I can meet at the Tallahassee show or Tampa show.

let me know.

Scott

This is his last reply...

Hi,

Thanks for the getting back to me. and my client will make out the payment to you on my behalf....

He will make out a Cashier's Check ,and send to you. The amount on the Cashier's Checks will be $1,500,that will cover the shipping and you will deduct your money
which is $60

Therefore, when you received the Cashier's Check you will take it to your bank and cash it, you will deduct your money and assist in sending the balance to my Shipping
Agent that will pick up and ship to me.

I want you to email me the following informations below:

1. The full name on the Cashier's Check
2. Mailing Address to send the Cashier's Check
3. Contact phone number.

So that the Cashier's Check can be written out in your name and mail to your address..

PS:I will want you to kindly put SOLD on the advert from the placing site..ok, or any interested buyer that mail you,just let them know that it has been sold...ok,so for doing
that i will be willing to compensate you with $100 ,so your total deduction will be $160.

Hope this is clear to you..Get back to me asap

Regards,
Paul..

So what do you guys think? Sounds like 100% SCAM!

Old 09-14-2008, 09:36 PM   #2
BallFriend
100%scam i investigated one of these guys before.I have a huge fraudulent check sitting in my safe at home for evidence and personal amusement

Old 09-14-2008, 09:43 PM   #3
Casey Hulse
Scam for sure, but without giving too much info. go thru with the deal, he will Fed Ex the fake MO overnight to you at his $$$, when you get it take it to your bank, then email him and let him know that he was caught.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:51 PM   #4
Kingetula
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse
Scam for sure, but without giving too much info. go thru with the deal, he will Fed Ex the fake MO overnight to you at his $$$, when you get it take it to your bank, then email him and let him know that he was caught.

That would have been good but I sent him this instead and before I read your post.

"Sorry someone beat you to them. They have been sold and paid for.

Have a good one"

Not true as I still have the snakes but just backed out of the spot light with him. Oh well... I'll re-list the snakes tomorrow.

Old 09-14-2008, 10:57 PM   #5
juggalo's wife
SCAM!!!!
The exact same thing happened to us-guy sent the check, we knew it was a scam, we took the check to the bank it was written on and they immediately knew it was a fake check and we took all the info we had on the guy (the envelope the check was sent in and copies of the emails for the transaction) the bank sent all this to their fraud department. They told us they had been receiving these checks from the same person for quite some time. The person we dealt with was "Arizona Reptile Farm/Ranch".

Theresa Bearden

Old 09-15-2008, 01:42 PM   #6
Mr. Constrictor
Total SCAM.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:47 PM   #7
bambo_boa
its a scam 100% bogus
i have $10,000 dollars worth of bad checks just like this dont put it in your bank the bank will charge YOU the return check fee best and safest way is to call the bank thats writen on the check and check to see if the funds are in the bank before depositing and before shipping
i had a guy send me a 7500.00 check for 200.00 worth of snakes haha
but most of these scammers are over seas and its hard for the govenment to stop them
be safe
tata

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!