taming my bearded dragon - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-07-2008, 09:03 AM   #1
leacam
taming my bearded dragon

I have had my bearded dragon since July, 2008 when I try to put my hand near him he hisses at me. Yesterday I took him out of his cage for the first time and gave him a warm bath in the tub, he seemed to like that and even let me hold him for a while. This morning I tried the same thing and he seemed to like it and let me hold him , then he licked my thumb and bit me, I put him back in his cage. Anyone have any ideas how to get him to trust me??? Should I keep taking him out and giving him baths and holding him???

Old 09-10-2008, 06:01 PM   #2
willows chelle
be patient, most dragons mellow after they get a bit larger and they realize that you are an ally rather than a predator.

Hang in there, My 5 year old dragon was my first, and he was SO feisty at first...i was scared! but now he is so mellow, even the kids play with him!

Good luck!

Old 09-10-2008, 06:59 PM   #3
Tere Salazar
Is he a baby? If so, most of them start out a little untrusting of that gigantic hand coming at them. If he's still small, you may want to try hand feeding him his favorite foods and see if that helps. If he's big, you could try it, but with gloves on!

I would continue taking him out and handling him for as long as he'll let you. If he starts acting out, don't let him know that he scares you, or he'll take full advantage. Just be patient and consistent, and he will get accustomed to you eventually!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!