Bad Guy Keven Vogenberger Misrepresenting Imports. - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-14-2018, 11:31 AM   #31
JimM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmoon View Post

I suspect he doesn't understand the (admittedly vague) terms like CB, farmed, Captive hatched etc.
He isn't the only one doing this ... look around and you'll see others who deal in wild caught animls who do the same.

Of course they know the difference between captive born and captive bred and born ... they're counting on people new to the hobby who havent yet learned the difference.

Old 08-24-2018, 11:15 PM   #32
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM View Post
He isn't the only one doing this ... look around and you'll see others who deal in wild caught animls who do the same.

Of course they know the difference between captive born and captive bred and born ... they're counting on people new to the hobby who havent yet learned the difference.
Jim that's exactly why I started this thread,this seller has done this a few times that I noticed before.its not hard to differentiate between an imported captive born and a captive bred blue tongue skink.His ploy is to attract the attention of the younger and unknowledgeable buyers.they see captive bred and then buy.the thing about the halmahera's is they are imported by the thousands every summer. they are not a good beginners blue tongue,in fact the are a fragile advanced keepers blue tongue.Halmaheras have A requirement for very high humidity(80-100%) if you look at Kevens pics you can see he is keeping them on kiln dried shredded aspen. a big no no for a high humidity species.

Old 08-25-2018, 12:24 PM   #33
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
For those of us who, like me, do not keep and who are not familiar with skinks, can you point out how you can determine this from the ad and/or pictures?
The number of imports that come in every summer and most if not all online flippers start advertising at around the same time.they are creative about the wording but just about all will never use the word captive bred,except Keven Vogenberger. also no one breeds Halmahera's,it would be better to say almost no one breeds Halmahera's.it's not that they are difficult to breed it's their requirement for extreme high humidity.

Then there is the fact they are a fragile blue tongue even for advanced keepers.

I have been keeping and breeding blue tongues since the late 1970's I have a wealth of knowledge about all the different types of blue tongues, I'm speaking up to try to protect the younger members that have less experience.

Someone like Keven Vogenberger lying about the back ground of these blue tongues can cause alot of damage to a person as they doubt their ability to successfully keep reptiles.

I do not know why he does it. he is selling them below the imported prices, it's not that the wording is confusing because it's not.maybe he is thinking this will give him a step up on the ladder above everyone else?

He has been busted misrepresenting reptiles on this board in the past. maybe if he gets called out more he will see the light? I doubt it!

Old 08-25-2018, 08:43 PM   #34
Ed Clark
Quote:
I have some adorable little captive bred baby halmahera blue tongue skinks available for 179.99 plus shipping. These little skinks are all feeding great and doing great. Please call 239-233-7585.
This is from keven's ad,notice that he is selling captive bred baby halmahera blue tongue skinks.

Does anyone think they are real deal captive bred?

Old 08-26-2018, 09:09 AM   #35
markpulawski
That certainly insinuates that there were hatched as a result of breeding from a captive pair, I would agree that babies dropped from a WC import should be stated as such, and that the ad is deceptive if indeed they are hatched from recent imports.

Old 08-26-2018, 03:25 PM   #36
Liveforthis
Fat Frogs is losing sleep over this lol.

Old 08-26-2018, 03:32 PM   #37
elena
That's right Matt. If you don't have an actual argument, just say the argument isn't important.

Old 08-26-2018, 03:35 PM   #38
elena
Accurate labeling of animal is, in fact, important. CH/CB and CBB are totally different things.

Old 08-26-2018, 04:18 PM   #39
nickolasanastasiou
I am not sure Keven really knows the difference (or up from down with these things for that matter). Just reselling what he gets his hands on from all appearances. No different than buying from the list itself, but with an extra pair of fumbling hands and the extra costs associated with middleman activities between the end consumer and the list.

Old 08-26-2018, 04:24 PM   #40
elena
I believe that the difference has been explained to him in the past, under similar circumstances.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!