Inquiry & Q's : RodentPro - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:14 PM   #61
TriangleReptiles
I have ordered large orders from RP, mice Direct and Big Cheese. I have been satisfied with all of them. Rodent Pro usually has the best prices and good rodents with average quality packing. Mice Direct is a little more expensive usually and usually seem to be out of a size or 2 that I need. Big Cheese is a little pricier, but has the best, cleanest packaging of the 3. I picked up my Big Cheese order in Ft Worth and was able to save shipping costs, making the total a little less than PR. I just don't get to Ft Worth that often. BUt since this thread is about RP, I will definitely order from them again. Count me a satisfied customer.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:01 AM   #62
Justin Mitcham
BIG cheese is the best!!

Rodent pro is for those who cut corners, Big Cheese is for those who actually care about what there feeding there reptiles...period... I am there weekly and If there price was 3x the norm I'd still buy from them.. I have been to a dozen facilities and wharehouses over the years...Big Cheese rocks!!!

Old 02-09-2009, 10:50 AM   #63
MDC_Ophiuchus
I've bought from RodentPro 3x already and never had a problem. When I first was preparing for such a venture, RP is what everyone told me. I've never had a issue with them, and I just completed my 4th order from them.

Until this thread, I had yet to hear anything bad about them, and I'm not made of money. In fact, I normally have fellow herpers go in with me for one order to split the shipping cost.

Decent quality and cheap prices are why I buy from RP.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:06 PM   #64
Donnie_K
I have been buying from Rodent Pro on a monthly basis for over a year. I keep Retics and Burms though so my orders are all rats and rabbits, but they've always been top notch. All of my animals are healthy and eating well, growing like weeds. I just can't think of any better place I've ever bought feeders from.

Donald R. Kittell

Old 02-09-2009, 12:53 PM   #65
southern_boa_gurl
I only have one snake as of right now, but I ordered from them last fall and they had great customer service. The rats/rabbits that I recieved looked well and were packaged really great. I would continue to use them as I order in advance so it's never really a problem for me.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:40 PM   #66
aSnakeLovinBabe
I have ordered from Rodent Pro and their service was great. There was only one wood shaving in one bag, which I noticed, but thought was negligible. They definitely did not smell rotten. Just like, mice... when you put them in warm water and thaw them out. If there are a few turds in a bag, that does not really bother me, seeing as pretty much everything poops when it dies... and besides, there is still more poop inside the gut of every animal our snakes eat, just because it passed a barrier and came out of the animal's rear does not suddenly make it toxic to my snakes... if this was a hygiene thing and they were laying around in their own poop prior to being killed, that would be different.

I have frozen my own rodents before and will add that even those of the pinks/fuzzies I froze myself ended up losing some limbs in the freezer due to me throwing the bags around digging in the freezer (I have many snakes of many sizes and every size of mouse and rat in my freezer so i have to dig!). I work with garter snakes mainly, and I usually end up cutting feet, arms, tails, heck even heads (never seen one of those broken off in a bag though) off the pinks anyways to mix with worms and fish to acclimate/feed to the babies. The broken pieces do not go to waste here. Since they don't vacuum pack the rodents, during handling and shipping and what not, being bumped around on each other probably lends a lot to the broken pieces at the bottom of the bag. Surely, they're not freezing amputee rodents and throwing some extra arms and tails into every bag! Things become brittle when they freeze, even bones and flesh.

Shannon Culp

(correct me if I am wrong....i thought we were all supposed to put our full name down here?)

Old 02-09-2009, 07:12 PM   #67
pituophislady
I've been using Rodent Pro for 4 years. I buy in bulk most of the time, but sometimes I buy monthly. I have noticed over the years that there are certain times of the year that they can't keep up with the demand. So I try not to run out of feeders during those times. They usually have trouble filling orders in the winter and right after the Daytona show. The rest of the year I can get any size feeder any time. But it seems that when they run out, so does every other reputable feeder supply company.

Amie MacIntosh

Old 02-09-2009, 07:46 PM   #68
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSnakeLovinBabe View Post
(correct me if I am wrong....i thought we were all supposed to put our full name down here?)
Full names are required on the BOI...however, if they are in the user profile (to the left), they don't have to be included in the body of the post.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:20 PM   #69
jumpsnake
We've been ordering around $600-$800 worth of rodents from RP every month for about 3-4 years. I have never received a bag of stinky dirty rodents as some have described here. Overall their quality is good, packing is reasonable. I do know that they have issues with small rats in the summer- we try to order ahead and keep them up on what we'll need- and they try to make it work for us. I really can't think of any broken limbs on anything other than pinks- and I don't really notice that because pinkys always break easily. I can't remember ever seeing a missing head.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:31 PM   #70
aSnakeLovinBabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Full names are required on the BOI...however, if they are in the user profile (to the left), they don't have to be included in the body of the post.
thank you, I was not sure!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!