Connecticut State Reptile Laws and Regulations - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 01-01-2012, 03:05 PM   #1
Pythonbreeder99
Connecticut State Reptile Laws and Regulations

Hey guys I know it's been a while since I've been on here but I was snooping around the net and found this. I haven't been able to find (untill now) the CT state laws reguarding reptiles and I am going to attempt to make it easier for everyone else to find them if wanted, so without further adue here they are.

Related Code and Regulation

Substitute Bill No. 6552

Sec. 2. Section 26-40a of the general statutes is repealed and the following is substituted in lieu thereof (Effective October 1, 2009):

(a) No person shall possess a potentially dangerous animal. For the purposes of this section, the following wildlife, or any hybrid thereof, shall be considered [as] potentially dangerous animals:

[16] The elapidae, including, but not limited to, cobras, coral snakes and mambas;

[17] The viperidae, including, but not limited to, copperheads, rattlesnakes, cottonmouths and all other adders and vipers;

[18] The rear-fanged members of the colubridae in the genera lothornis, boiga, thelotornis, thabdophis, enhydris, dispholidus, clelia, rhabdophis, hydrodynastes, philodryas and malpolon;

[19] The Burmese/Indian, African Rock, amethystine and reticulated of the pythonidae;

[20] The green, yellow and dark spotted anacondas of the boidae;

[21] The helodermatidae, including, but not limited to, Gila monsters and beaded lizards; and

[22] The Nile monitor, water monitor, black-throat monitor, white-throat monitor, crocodile monitor and komodo dragon of the varanidae.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!