Small fish being chased by larger fish - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 09-23-2012, 03:45 AM   #1
WebSlave
Small fish being chased by larger fish

While Connie and I were down on Manasota Key, we saw schools of little fish being chased up onto the beach by larger fish. And probably they were being chased by even larger fish.

We saw some of the smaller ones flopping on the beach and felt sorry for them, so we would throw them back into the water. We stopped doing that when we noticed that as soon as those fish hit the water, the larger fish snapped them right up. So we figured we weren't doing them any real favors.

Old 09-23-2012, 05:10 PM   #2
~Just Curious~
Well you were doing the big fish a favor at least. And the even bigger fish by fattening those ones up.
So you know, hurt one, help two. ^^;

Old 10-10-2012, 09:39 AM   #3
allreptiles1966
I dont see any fishing poles.
If this were about 15 mins long i would use it for going to sleep at night. Love the sound of the waves crashing on the shore.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:19 PM   #4
LauraB
Swim, Forest, swim! I like the egret patiently waiting for a tasty little morsel.

Thanks for sharing - I really love your FL videos (the cloud videos were awesome!)

And yeah, Rich, there's nothing quite like falling asleep to the sound of waves ... a gentle rain or crickets coming in second My dad bought me a sound machine years ago when my job brought me to ATL and I had to leave the cabin cruiser I spent 10-11 summers on behind. Those wave sounds helped me fall asleep every night for a very long time ... if only my bed had gently rocked like the cabin, lol.

Old 10-11-2012, 03:47 PM   #5
allreptiles1966
Isnt that the truth Laura.I even like the cricket noise at night when camping.And thunderstorms and rain are the best.My wife and i listen to some video's on you tube that are rain forest and the likes.
I am gonna look into a sound machine. How well did it sound. I would like it to be the quality of a bose .

Old 10-11-2012, 04:58 PM   #6
LauraB
I wouldn't say it was Bose quality, but it was a nice one. Ecosounds (or sleep + sound) or something like that was machine. Had many different sounds and options to choose from.

If Bose had made one, THAT would have been what he bought though, lol. My dad was a music freak, so had to have Bose everything; car speakers in their cars, stereo speakers, Bose radios/disc players and even computer speakers (which I now have connected to my PC)

Old 10-11-2012, 04:59 PM   #7
rcarichter
Great video Rich!

Isn't it funny how crickets are soothing when you're camping, but coming from your reptile room, you wish they'd just shut the heck up!

Noelle

Old 10-11-2012, 07:12 PM   #8
WebSlave
Thanks guys.

I've taken a LOT of video at the beach. I could make an audio only file for as long as you want it of just the waves washing onto the beach. Heck, Connie has already asked me for something like that. She especially likes when the waves are washing over piles of shells, as it makes a pretty soothing sound.

Maybe the next time we go to the beach we'll get some decent thunderstorms so I could incorporate that in with the wave action sound.

I don't think Youtube allows 5.1 audio, as that would REALLY be best for something like this. My camcorder does record audio in that mode.

Old 10-11-2012, 07:30 PM   #9
LauraB
Quote:
Heck, Connie has already asked me for something like that. She especially likes when the waves are washing over piles of shells, as it makes a pretty soothing sound.
Then what are you waiting for? Connie is obviously a woman of perfect sense and taste!
Frankly, I'd loop that sucker on my bedroom PC all night!

Quote:
Isn't it funny how crickets are soothing when you're camping, but coming from your reptile room, you wish they'd just shut the heck up!
OMG - I never even thought of that, but it's so true - and so funny! I open my bedroom window at night just to hear the crickets outside. I can't hear my colonies in the house when I'm in my bedroom. I've learned to drown out the annoying drone of the "indoor" crickets in other parts of the house where they can be heard. Excellent observation!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!