Credit card fraud! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 02-06-2005, 03:09 AM   #1
ChaosCat
Credit card fraud!

I have been hit for the first time by someone using my credit card number without my consent.

I have to say, my credit union is A+ on top of things! They called me IMMEDIATELY after someone charged 4 fraudulent items to my account.

Whoever it was, these were the charges made:

TLG*COMPLETHME CT
TLG*AUTOVANTGE CT
TLG*GREAT FUN CT
BLOCKBUSTER ONLINE TX

All the charges will be reversed, and the card is now defunct. Does anyone recognize those places???

The last 4 places I used my card were with ReptileGuru (who I doubt would do such a thing) and 3 merchants on amazon.com for reptile book purchases. I have already contacted amazon.com regarding this matter.

So PLEASE, everyone, be careful! Keep an eye on your bank account! I have had fraud protection on my accounts for 4 years now, and I love it!

Old 02-06-2005, 04:37 AM   #2
DAND
The Buster online may be your best bet at getting this low life scum. It is like Netflicks where you make a list online of what movies you want to see and they mail them to you. So chances are they made an account with them in your name but the movies would have to come to a address. Chances are it would have to be somewhere close to them if not them. They are probably going to be keeping the movies as well. Here is their link:

http://www.blockbuster.com/acctmgmt/...Id=overture001

Maybe you can have the local police contact them and catch the thieving piece of dung.

Old 02-06-2005, 11:18 AM   #3
ChaosCat
Funny, blockbuster could get in a heap of trouble for having things sent to an address not registered to the card. They are not open until Monday, but you can be sure, I will be calling them then and demanding to know why this happened.

Old 02-06-2005, 11:38 AM   #4
ChaosCat
I should add, that it is definitely one of two of the amazon.com merchants. We're narrowing it down as I type. One merchant contacted me immediately and says she cannot accept credit cards, so she is given payment directly from amazon. I used my business account with RG, so its not them.

Beware when doing business with sellers on amazon!

Old 02-07-2005, 01:31 AM   #5
ChaosCat
Turns out what happened to me is happening all over!

http://matt.baya.net/journal/index.php?p=135

I'm guessing its some sort of marketing scam and someplace I bought from handed over my cc information to someone.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!