Fine tune your self with ammo - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 06-24-2006, 07:08 AM   #1
old guy
Fine tune your self with ammo

of pending laws on reptiles of proposals and or of pending passing.

#1...have documents of any fatalities of deaths from ANY captive reptile
#2...have documents of other animal related deaths
#3...even show deaths from wild animals that may include even insects/bugs
#4...show stats of dog ownership problems of certain breeds still allowed that has caused maim and deaths
#5...show that reptiles are a confined keeps like pet birds and fish
#6...show that reptiles are therapeutic ( LOL ! but can be true )
#7...they won't want to hear this but > how do they impose a reptile law ?
#8...how do they expect the general public to be informed of any proposals or laws passing on reptiles
#9...does the law involve the retail market of pet stores or are they exempt
#10..while it is always as a rule a misdemeanor of laws passed on reptiles, does it make a child that has one a criminal ? LOL !
#11..seek out exactly who or whom wants a law to be passed and address them. It can be animal control, zoning commission, city or township council, or even chamber of commerce, other ?
#12..pull out the act of the constitution of the part about " in pursuit of life and liberty of happiness " or how ever it reads !
#13..qroat your right of paying taxes and you refuse to pay a special sector to enforce a task force to up-hold a passed or proposed animal law
#14..tell them that if passed you want more laws on the domestic keeping of the " inherently dangerous " pet thing of dogs and other pets non-reptile.
#..15...........more to add on by you all ?

Old 06-28-2006, 07:54 PM   #2
dirty_harry
lobbyists are actually fairly reasonable. these people deal with politicians all day, every day, and are much more astute at bending their ear than you or i would be, and can get alot more done in a lot less time. Failing that, a lawyer sympathetic to your cause, can also be invaluable. They can file injunctions and help tack on other measures and ammendments to effectively table a measure indefinately (essentially killing it).

Old 07-11-2006, 01:20 PM   #3
areptileguy
If we do #4, we would then be promoting BSL.

Old 11-09-2006, 10:49 PM   #4
darkbloodwyvern
sorry, what is BSL?
sounds like a decent list of stuff for me to look into.

Old 11-10-2006, 11:44 AM   #5
Schlyne
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbloodwyvern
sorry, what is BSL?
sounds like a decent list of stuff for me to look into.
I think it stands for Breed Specific Legislation.

Old 11-10-2006, 11:58 AM   #6
Cat_72
While I will NOT support BSL (yes, it is breed specific laws/breed specific legislation), I feel that pointing out a comparison between the number of reptile related death as opposed to any other animal, or dogs in general per capita of each animal puts forth a fairly good arguement.

Old 11-10-2006, 01:33 PM   #7
ldydrgn
Horses are deadly... do you think they'd ever ban horses in KY?

Highly unlikely!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!