Inquiry Lucille Hollander - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-29-2019, 12:39 PM   #51
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schultz View Post
Wow, it's been a minute! Thanks for the assistance
NP. This is why my boss pays me the big bucks.

Old 01-29-2019, 10:12 PM   #52
Pasodama
Just want to make a comment so that anybody, who reads this thread, doesn't get the wrong idea.
I don't think it matters whether someone is a high selling/buying individual or someone who is an owner of one or two critters (without having made any further transactions). The BOI is open to any reptile enthusiast & Fauna member (soon to only be contributing members).

~~~~

Old 01-29-2019, 10:41 PM   #53
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasodama View Post
Just want to make a comment so that anybody, who reads this thread, doesn't get the wrong idea.
I don't think it matters whether someone is a high selling/buying individual or someone who is an owner of one or two critters (without having made any further transactions). The BOI is open to any reptile enthusiast & Fauna member (soon to only be contributing members).

~~~~

Deb, WELL SAID...

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 01-30-2019, 12:57 AM   #54
Dro B
Quote:

Just because there were those of us, who gave a good comment re. Lucille, does not mean we "fell for it".

~~~~
Some people did lol! I don't think anyone other than "bad guys" would have anything negative to say about her it sometimes seems she practically lives here in the boi and has a great memory and has helped a huge percentage of people who've had problems and she doesn't get anything for her time. It's clear she's bieng attacked for helping someone with a problem that wasn't hers and I think it's good to let her know some of us appreciate her.

Old 01-30-2019, 10:12 AM   #55
Mike Schultz
Quote:

~~~~
I am not the only one who wondered why somebody who seemingly (although I stand corrected, she sold some heat tape 15 years ago) never engaged in the reptile industry had so much advice to offer as to how others should engage in the reptile industry. She once recommended to somebody that they start a BOI post and seek financial compensation from me because I did not have an animal that she wanted. I offered a FREE Pizza as reconciliation and was mocked. I never really ~truly~ recovered (mentally, nor physically) from that humiliation and for that I will never forgive her.

Old 01-30-2019, 10:54 AM   #56
Lucille
Mike,
I would never even think of saying that my opinions are correct 100% of the time, and I hope no one expects that of me, but I do call situations as I see them at the time, I do put considerable thought reviewing the issues presented, and do try to be fair to each side.
I do not think those with less participation are necessarily more or less correct in their viewpoints.
I do not recall the specifics of your situation. People have both in PMs and in posts provided new insights and requested me to reconsider and I always take another look if asked, but sometimes people just do not agree with how I see a situation.

But to me, the interplay between different opinions, experiences, and the facts and proof shown is exactly what brings value to the BOI, as readers listen to all viewpoints from different people, and make up their own minds. Certainly readers in your situation, and in every situation, decide for themselves what they think is fair.

Old 01-30-2019, 11:22 AM   #57
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Mike,
I would never even think of saying that my opinions are correct 100% of the time, and I hope no one expects that of me, but I do call situations as I see them at the time, I do put considerable thought reviewing the issues presented, and do try to be fair to each side.
I do not think those with less participation are necessarily more or less correct in their viewpoints.
I do not recall the specifics of your situation. People have both in PMs and in posts provided new insights and requested me to reconsider and I always take another look if asked, but sometimes people just do not agree with how I see a situation.

But to me, the interplay between different opinions, experiences, and the facts and proof shown is exactly what brings value to the BOI, as readers listen to all viewpoints from different people, and make up their own minds. Certainly readers in your situation, and in every situation, decide for themselves what they think is fair.

Lucille, you don't owe anyone, any explanations here, your reputation speaks for itself...

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 01-30-2019, 02:09 PM   #58
Mike Schultz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Time Reptiles View Post
Lucille, you don't owe anyone, any explanations here, your reputation speaks for itself...

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles
I will certainly question somebody's reputation and motives if they are encouraging my customers / prospective customers to seek money from me that they are not entitled to. I don't care who you are, whether you've successfully completed 15,000 actual business transactions like I have under the company I work for, or successfully completed 15,000 forum posts about other people's business like Lucille.

Old 01-30-2019, 02:27 PM   #59
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schultz View Post
I will certainly question somebody's reputation and motives if they are encouraging my customers / prospective customers to seek money from me that they are not entitled to.

Mike, my post wasn't meant to get your bowels in an up roar..I was just posting what I feel, nothing more.

If my post upset you, my apology, that wasn't my intentions...

Is it possible to post what you're claiming Lucille did?

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 01-30-2019, 02:46 PM   #60
Lucille
I found one 'free pizza' thread, here it is

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ght=free+pizza

My PM to the OP:

Originally Posted by Lucille
A lot depends on why he did not call. There may have been personal or business matters that took his attention, but even still, he should have made some kind of notation in the system or on the cage that this was a sold critter. Or he may have actually been trying unsuccessfully to do something to reverse the sale his employee made.
I think you should forward this PM and my answer to him and ask for a more detailed explanation of what happened and be honest about your disappointment.
If he was actually working in your behalf behind the scenes to try to see if he could get the sold snake back, because it was sold at the same time you bought it, and couldn't, then it's just one of those things, his employee didn't know. But if he forgot to label the snake and it got sold after you paid for it, you have every right to be upset and 10% doesn't get it, you should probably get a free snake and an assurance that the system will be changed so that once paid for, a customer's undelivered snake cannot subsequently be sold to someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post

I agree. Mike is not a Bad Guy.
But the ball was dropped twice, once when the already sold critter was sold again, and then by not notifying the buyer sooner.
He apologized and refunded.
But the particulars of how the incident was handled created some friction and I empathize with the buyer's feelings. I do think that a method put in place to see that this can't happen again would be a good idea. Not everyone agrees, they are entitled to their opinions just as I am entitled to mine.

I agree with this. The OP presented her experience, did not call Mike a bad guy, and shared her own feelings about how the situation was handled.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!