Care site - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-08-2003, 02:13 AM   #1
Rakell G
Care site

Hi.

As some of you may or may not know, i have the website GeckoFreak.com. I am always looking for ways to improve my site and make it better for the viewer. Below is a list of all the goodies on geckofreak:

*Caresheets
*Pictures of geckos & tank setups & submitted pics
*Gecko Names
*Forum inc. Chat
*FAQ
*Quiz
*Morph/Phase list (unfinished)
*Available

and some other little things. what i am wanting to know is -- Is there anything that viewers would like to see on my site, or any other, that is not currently there? I want my site to be as informative as possible, as there are many young (and older) newbi's out there looking for information. If you have any ideas that you are willing to share, please do

Old 01-10-2003, 01:18 PM   #2
WebSlave
Perhaps you could help out here by posting some of your care info to give people a taste of what you are offering.

Why not give HERE a little first instead of just trying to lure people over to your site?

Old 01-10-2003, 06:32 PM   #3
Rakell G
ouch.

Well then, I'm sorry to see that you took my post the wrong way. I did not intend it as spam and did not mean it to "LURE" people, but was simply looking for suggestions. I would have been more than happy to give any info to this site, but have never seen the opportunity to do so. I have been lurking around this site for a looooong time, finding it very helpful in certain situations & in no way intended to offend you here.

Soooo, delete this or do whatever you see fit

Old 01-10-2003, 09:05 PM   #4
WebSlave
It wasn't meant as a slap, just if you want people to come to your site, you need to provide bait for them to WANT to take a look.

How about an example of what you have on your caresheet?

There are a LOT of places people can go on the net, so you have to give them a reason to want to go to your site. Nowadays people need a good reason even to bookmark a site to come back to later on.

This probably sounds much harsher than it was intended. I get like that when I am busy, unfortunately. Sorry.

Old 01-10-2003, 11:53 PM   #5
E2MacPets
Hey Rakell, Hey Rich!

Good stuff on both sites, and both sites are aimed at different targets. There should be no issue.

Old 01-11-2003, 03:43 PM   #6
veronica
Thumbs up thumbs up to both sites

I have to say a big thumbs up to gecko freaks. I have about 50 web sites on gecko's alone that i surf on a daily basis. Gecko freaks is one of them so is fauna classifieds. I have to say this. Lizard web sites compliment each other. NO one is trying to lure anyone anywhere. Any time I see a new web site or old one that I like i pass on the link to other lizard lovers as well as post those links on forums.
I've learned that no one way is correct...that its great to compile information from every sorce you can find.....and you have to do what works for you. Thus the sharing of web sites and information.
Both fauna classifieds and Gecko freaks get a thumbs up in my book. Keep us all well informed your both doing a bang up job
Thank you,
Veronica Davidson

Old 01-11-2003, 03:54 PM   #7
Seamus Haley
Quote:
NO one is trying to lure anyone anywhere
Sure they are. Not in this instance but sure they are...

Anyone besides me remember the website that gathered e-mails off the BOI and spammed many of the regular posters multiple times per day trying to get them to join another website and then doubled the spam to those who mentioned it was happening?

I may have just been reading Rich's initial post wrong but I think he was actually giving some pretty decent advice, sort of a hint that if he were to participate in some care discussions, people would see the value of his information and be a bit more inclined to go take a look at the site in question.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!