crestys - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-12-2003, 02:53 PM   #1
reptile16hunter
crestys

hey
im looking to get 1.1 or 1.2 crestys but i want to have a diet set for them
i was wondering if som of you could tell me the deits you use as fare as flavor and brand and see if mine like that when i get them

Old 01-12-2003, 11:19 PM   #2
Monte
fruit - insects and T-Rex diet

I have used fruit and insects as a primary diet - plus I've experimented with the new Crested Gecko Diet from T-Rex. Here's what I suggest.

I would feed them an alternating diet of insects (crickets) and fruit.

You can do the fruit two ways - 1) fruit baby food - peach, apricot, pear, banana - I think the only one you shouldn't use it citrus fruit. I've even used a tropical medley - but you have to make sure it's mostly fruit and not a lot of starch.

Recently - I've been making my own mashes. I bought 2 pears (minus the stem) two ripe bananas and a big old mango. I put everything in a blender (not the core of the mango, nor the skin of the banana) and pureed it in a blender. After accidently spilling half of it on the carpet of my office (don't ask) I poured it in a plastic dish and froze it. I cut it up into usable chunks and stored it in a container in the freezer. I pull out what I need and feed it. I will mix calcium and/or vitamins in it.

I've also used the Crested Gecko diet - I like mixing it in with the fruit - one cresty I bought from Sandfire Dragon Ranch eats it straight. It looks good too - but isn't avaiable to the general public - yet. It should be in a few weeks.

Gook luck.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!