Beware: Chuck Kimmel, Critterkeeper & Critical Bill - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-23-2008, 12:25 AM   #71
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyRes
Says the man who made damn sure an old good guy post about Mike Greathouse had a link to the current drama, even though said drama had squat to do with the transaction.
Michael, that is apples and oranges. Linking one BOI thread to another so people doing a search may find out something important is a fair bit different than bringing up a thread from 2004 just for the sake of making an attack and creating creating drama. One is SOP for the BOI, the other is trolling. The fact that you consider the thread about Mike Greathouse to be "drama" is a perfect indication of why I would expect you not to know the difference. Mike, as has been made clear to those who have taken off their blinders, disrupted this site and attacked it's staff for no good reason. He may have caused people to leave here and that would have resulted in monetary losses. That makes it a relevant business issue and one which people want to know when considering doing business with Mike G.

Old 03-23-2008, 12:32 AM   #72
FunkyRes
Mike may have behaved badly but the behavior I read in the opening post is even more atrocious.
Everyone on the staff is an adult. That kind of attack on someone he knew to be a child is far far far far far worse of an action. And over what, 3 toed box turtles?

Mike hurt some feelings, feelings of people who trusted him, I understand the disdain people have for him as a result, but it had nothing to do with a herp business transaction.

At least this thread was related to one.

Old 03-23-2008, 12:43 AM   #73
critical bill
Quote:
Says the man who made damn sure an old good guy post about Mike Greathouse had a link to the current drama, even though said drama had squat to do with the transaction.
I think that's a bit different a situation than this. Mike used this site to advertise and sell stuff. His reputation with those clients he established here were based on trust and honesty. The link shows another side to him that is not what some honest and trustworthy people would consider the actions of an honest and trustworthy person. As trivial it may seem to some in making a decision to trust him in a business deal based on that link, it may be important for others to have that link to make that decision not to do business with him.

Old 03-23-2008, 12:48 AM   #74
FunkyRes
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill
I think that's a bit different a situation than this. Mike used this site to advertise and sell stuff. His reputation with those clients he established here were based on trust and honesty. The link shows another side to him that is not what some honest and trustworthy people would consider the actions of an honest and trustworthy person. As trivial it may seem to some in making a decision to trust him in a business deal based on that link, it may be important for others to have that link to make that decision not to do business with him.
He has never scammed anyone I know of in his history of doing business.
That link was put in my BOI thread on him as an attempt to hurt his business. I'm sure people will claim otherwise, but I'm fully convinced that's exactly why it was done.

Now - what purpose did you have in threatening someone you knew was 12 years old with legal action you knew you could not take?

That was just plain mean.

Old 03-23-2008, 12:50 AM   #75
varnyard
Michael, if you are going to compare the two, then you are way past my explaining it to you.

To attack Fauna, is to attack Rich, and in so doing he lost his right to a good guy thread here, IMO. I mean he can't have it both ways. If he hates Fauna enough to attack it, then why should he be given the chance to profit from a good guy thread here?

And you really don't see the difference?

Old 03-23-2008, 12:54 AM   #76
varnyard
Quote:
He has never scammed anyone I know of in his history of doing business.
That link was put in my BOI thread on him as an attempt to hurt his business. I'm sure people will claim otherwise, but I'm fully convinced that's exactly why it was done.

Now - what purpose did you have in threatening someone you knew was 12 years old with legal action you knew you could not take?

Damn you Chuck, you big meanie!!

Old 03-23-2008, 01:01 AM   #77
critical bill
Quote:
That kind of attack on someone he knew to be a child is far far far far far worse of an action. And over what, 3 toed box turtles?
Don't say I knew something just because it fits your argument. I discovered he was a child. I didn't know he was a child. I had no further interactions with him after learning that he was a child. I told the little lying scamming scumbag to piss off and we were done.

And yes, it was about the turtles at the time which I had lined up for a customer. I won them and I needed them to fill an order. It was also about being lied to. I was angry and I got a little angrier when I vented and a fellow poster sort of mocked me. Had she not, I may not have responded that way.

Action reaction.

Old 03-23-2008, 01:08 AM   #78
varnyard
Quote:
Don't say I knew something just because it fits your argument. I discovered he was a child. I didn't know he was a child. I had no further interactions with him after learning that he was a child. I told the little lying scamming scumbag to piss off and we were done.

And yes, it was about the turtles at the time which I had lined up for a customer. I won them and I needed them to fill an order. It was also about being lied to. I was angry and I got a little angrier when I vented and a fellow poster sort of mocked me. Had she not, I may not have responded that way.

Action reaction.
Sounds fair enough to me Chuck, a little boy trying to pose as a man. He got caught, but you did not know his age, it all sounds pretty fair there. Well unless you are like some that try to pull the piss out of the pudding, need I say more?

Old 03-23-2008, 01:14 AM   #79
critical bill
Quote:

I'm a mean guy I guess...what can I say.

Old 03-23-2008, 01:17 AM   #80
ravensgait
Quote:

Action reaction.
Chuck, you have been hounding the guy and doesn't that qualify as your actions causing him to react by digging up these threads. You have mocked him far worse than what you've received.. I mean come on how many times have these threads been mentioned in Mike's thread. Not a surprise that someone went and bumped them. Hey you know ya piss a few folks off so have to expect that when they can they are going to fire a broadside your way. Fact of life, not everyone loves us or even likes us a little ..

Quote/ ""What a waste of cyberspace.''"/Quote
Oh so very true but then we seem to have a lot of that here on the BOI more so lately.. Randy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!