The Search function keeps timing out. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 11-18-2005, 01:33 PM   #1
Lloyd Heilbrunn
The Search function keeps timing out.

Very slow even on my cable modem business machine!!

Old 11-18-2005, 05:56 PM   #2
coyote
I get the message that I can only make one search every 10 seconds.

I sat and watched the second hand to be sure that I was waiting longer than 10 seconds. Even doing this I got the message more than once.

Old 11-18-2005, 06:02 PM   #3
WebSlave
I've tested the search function several times after reading the original message and have not yet had an error or problem. The server load is moderately low, and I don't see anything that could possibly be causing the problem.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Old 11-18-2005, 06:10 PM   #4
Jim O
Rich,

I've run several searches today and had no problem. I would guess that it's on the user's end.

Old 11-18-2005, 11:11 PM   #5
Lloyd Heilbrunn
OK,it's not timing out on my home machine now, but what's the reason for the following error message on a simple search??

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : herpsupplies.com

Old 11-19-2005, 12:23 AM   #6
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd Heilbrunn
OK,it's not timing out on my home machine now, but what's the reason for the following error message on a simple search??

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : herpsupplies.com
Well if I had to take a wild guess, I would guess your search phrase is too long.

When generating the index for the search engine to use, there are a number of options needed to be taken into consideration. There is a lower limit and an upper limit to the index keys that have to be considered. The idea is to try to make the search as comprehensive as possible, yet not so BIG that it becomes unwieldy because of the huge size of the index. The lower limit on the index here is 4 characters, and the upper limit is 15. Making the lower limit smaller increases the index dramatically. Making the upper limit does the same thing. So like most things in life, a compromise had to be chosen to what seemed the most reasonable of choices available.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!