MGREPTILES Trouble with shipment - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-17-2006, 09:44 PM   #1
bonks
MGREPTILES Trouble with shipment

would like to make a complaint about the service I received from Matt at
MG Reptiles.This is what happend.I contacted Matt by e-mail on the 3 of Oct
left him 2 e-mails I received an auto response from a yahoo site.Finally I called
him on the 5 of Oct because he must have been busy due to his recent marriage.I placed an order for some heat tape, connectors and some dimmers I had specified that I needed it ASAP and asked him to send it express even though the postage was expensive, the total came to 485.00us 552.00 cdn.He assured me that he would send it the next day.On the 27 of Oct.I sent an e-mail to Matt telling him that I no longer wanted the merchandise and would like a full refund he answered back saying that he was not sure what I was talking about,even though he had sent me the box the day before, the 26 of Oct. 3 weeks later. I find it hard to believe that he knows a whole bunch of Kens from Montreal he said that he would look into it.I had agreed to purchase the merchandise pay the extra postage, but if he would have told me that he did not have everything in stock I would not have placed the order,he finally told me that he had to wait a couple of weeks for some of the the items,he at no time made an effort to tell me this so I feel that he was not very honest he should have given me the choice to continue or cancel the order.So now he says he will take back the connectors and insulators but not the rest, I just took it for granted the merchandise was always on the way,imagine he charged me express sent it regular 3 weeks late and now he refuses to refund the total purchase he has given me a credit for the difference in postage.He will say that I was rude and aggressive because I insulted his religion I never insulted anyone but him, I told him I was not satisfied and that he should be ashamed for not having told me the truth and that he does not know right from wrong.His slogan is HONESTY AND QUALITY IS WHAT WE BRING YOU .I have 3 retail stores and I never hesitate to compensate my clients when I know it is my fault, which in his case it was.There are always exceptions to all rules and terms, but not in this case according to him.I feel because of the delay and the fact that he was not truthfull at the beginning I should be entitled to a full refund,I am not talking about 5 dollars we are talking about 485.00.
Sincerely Ken Gubersky

Old 11-17-2006, 09:59 PM   #2
shrap
Matt,

Your communication with customers when you are out of stock on items is terrible. Plain and simple. I have dealt with it TWICE first hand, I have two different personal friends that I recommended you to that had it happen to them and the amount of people coming to the BOI about it is starting to pile up.

This is truly an area of customer customer service you need to fix Matt. I have always felt you were a good guy and when you have product in stock your customer service is great, when it aint in stock your customer service is flat out terrible. Honestly Matt, you need address this aspect of your business.

Old 11-17-2006, 10:07 PM   #3
DavidBeard
Did you ever get what you ordered or was the order just very late?

Old 11-17-2006, 10:28 PM   #4
bonks
I do not even know I still have not opened the box He was a month late when he assured me he would send it the next day Ken

Old 11-17-2006, 11:53 PM   #5
dmasio
I have dealt with Matt on 3 occasions and needless to say was not very happy on each one. Let me say I did receive what I ordered each and every time but its always some BS excuse about how he was sick, or his mother was sick or passed away or something like that, or its out of stock. Which let me say if she did expire I apologize but its like the boy who cried wolf it gets to be tiresome listening to the same old song and dance. I mean he doesn't email or for that matter no correspondence what-so-ever unless you initiate it, and then he starts with the excuses. I mean one time I was in dire need of heat tape and t-stat bought items I needed littlerally took him over a month to get it to me and I emailed him 2 weeks after I purchased the items and told him I wanted a refund that I bought them elsewhere and still I received the items I purchased somewhere else before I got the stuff from Matt. I mean to save a few measly bucks on t-stats, heat tape and other items is not worth the time and headaches. But just my opinion
Damian Macioce

Old 11-18-2006, 12:03 AM   #6
James Tomlinson
Looks like your business practices are catching up with you Matt...maybe it's time you actually looked into adressing some of these customer complaints.

Idea: you can advertise with the slogan: "MG Reptiles...you'll get it when I decide to send it..."

JT

Old 11-18-2006, 12:32 AM   #7
Mike P.
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Tomlinson
Looks like your business practices are catching up with you Matt...maybe it's time you actually looked into adressing some of these customer complaints.

JT
Or get out of the business

Old 11-18-2006, 07:35 AM   #8
jim scharphorn
Matt

Well I see Matt is finally getting what he deserves, To bad so many of you dogged me when I complained about him over a year ago.
Everyone here praised him, well you can keep him and the real people can go were they get service.

Those that dogged me may send a apology anytime now.

I am no saint and make mistakes as well. but donot hide behind the words God Bless,

Old 11-20-2006, 11:15 AM   #9
MGReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim scharphorn
I am no saint and make mistakes as well. but donot hide behind the words God Bless,

What an idiot!!
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ght=scharphorn

You know Jim you really helped me, I actually have your order framed by my desk to let me know that you cannot please everyone and to always remind me that I am a pretty good guy!!

Old 11-21-2006, 06:44 AM   #10
gmherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim scharphorn
Well I see Matt is finally getting what he deserves, To bad so many of you dogged me when I complained about him over a year ago.
Everyone here praised him, well you can keep him and the real people can go were they get service.

Those that dogged me may send a apology anytime now.

Keep holding your breath on that ok? Thanks bu bye!