My snake stopped eating. Any suggestions about "scenting" the pinkies? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2020, 02:31 AM   #1
JohnCA
My snake stopped eating. Any suggestions about "scenting" the pinkies?

I have several African house snakes. Infrequently, one or two will stop eating for 2 or 3 months. I have already tried braining pinkies and fuzzies with only very limited success.

I currently have a female that is only eating every 4 or 6 weeks. She used to eat voraciously. She slowed to eating only every 4 or 6 weeks, starting about 3 months ago.

I really want to fatten her up for eventual pairing with one of my male house snakes.

I saw several scenting juices for sale that are made from anoles and frogs and geckos. Any ideas about which of the three scents an African house snake might be interested in? I would guess perhaps anole scent and gecko scent might be some options that are worth trying (thinking that house snakes might eat a variety of lizards in their natural habitat).

Thanks for your time and suggestions.

Tags
house, scent, scenting