California Zoological Supply (Inquiry) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-05-2007, 09:56 PM   #1
bigman466
California Zoological Supply (Inquiry)

Just wanted to know if anyone ever made a deal with these people.Wanted to sell my litter of het albinos to them,but they want me to ship first.Let me know something people.THANKS

Old 10-05-2007, 10:24 PM   #2
Suncoast Herpetological
I have not dealt with them in a few years but Ty has always been an honest sort to deal with. They generally pay on the low side but I would have no problem shipping first to him

Old 10-05-2007, 10:44 PM   #3
shrap
Personally, it would have to be a very close personal friend for me to ship without receiving payment first.

Old 10-05-2007, 11:51 PM   #4
bigman466
The shipping first thing does seem odd to me.But I need the money.An as many times as I been ripped off in this business can't really trust no one at this point.

Old 10-06-2007, 12:16 AM   #5
NBmononoke
cal-zoo

TY is one of the most honest people in the business i sell him all the time, even so we have done business in the past we always do it that way i ship first and he overnight me a check the very next day.
so i would say you have nothing to worry about someone so honest and if your animals are great you don't have any problem getting your money right away.

Old 10-06-2007, 12:34 AM   #6
bigman466
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBmononoke
TY is one of the most honest people in the business i sell him all the time, even so we have done business in the past we always do it that way i ship first and he overnight me a check the very next day.
so i would say you have nothing to worry about someone so honest and if your animals are great you don't have any problem getting your money right away.

Thanks for the very helpful info

Old 10-06-2007, 01:01 AM   #7
Wilomn
ty will pay you, no doubt of that.

He will also take your babies and mix them with imports taken care of by geniouses that couldn't get jobs cleaning mouse cages. The death rate, unless things have changed dramatically, are signifigant.

He is a BIG wholesaler, buys and sell lots of stuff, will pay you and is someone I won't sell to in part because he's my competition and in part because of the way his animals are kept.

Old 10-06-2007, 01:21 AM   #8
bigman466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
ty will pay you, no doubt of that.

He will also take your babies and mix them with imports taken care of by geniouses that couldn't get jobs cleaning mouse cages. The death rate, unless things have changed dramatically, are signifigant.

He is a BIG wholesaler, buys and sell lots of stuff, will pay you and is someone I won't sell to in part because he's my competition and in part because of the way his animals are kept.

As long as I get my money,the deal will be ok.When he gets them what ever he does with the snakes is him thats out of my control.

Old 10-06-2007, 04:29 AM   #9
The Reptile House
Be very carefull, I would not want my name associated with his business at all. Sure you will most likley get your money but your animals will get sick and he will sell them to other companies. I would hate for your name to get rubed in. His place is filth. Countless dead animals in all the cages and lizards running all over the place. When you go in the door you gasp for air. My animals mean more to me than money and me sending them to deaths door. I talk to alot of people who say his facility is still the same as listed above. If you don't care for your animals then go ahead. Just my opinion, take it as you wish. Shanell.

Old 10-06-2007, 04:53 AM   #10
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman466
As long as I get my money,the deal will be ok.When he gets them what ever he does with the snakes is him thats out of my control.
Interesting take on things, not that it surprises me

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!