Phantom Reptiles / Ray Strickland Bad deal gone worse - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-20-2005, 10:25 PM   #1
BryonsBoas
Phantom Reptiles / Ray Strickland Bad deal gone worse

I had a deal with Ray Strickland / Ray Thomas for a trade. I sent him 2 male 66% het/pied male bps for a 2300 gram and 1230 gram female bps. Ray called me New Years Eve to ask about the males. I told him all the info I could in that call. Later that night I e-mailed pics , weights and all the info on the males. I shipped the following Tuesday and Ray recieved them on Weds. I called Ray to check on the males and to tell him I forgot to put in the paperwork and that I would send it priority mail. My boss scanned the papers for me and I e-mailed the files to him before I sent them out. I called Ray 2 more times over the next 5-6 days and got blown off both times. Ray e-mailed me that he ship the females out asap after he got the papers. No prob until he started complaining about the males after having them for a week . Thats when it started going downhill. He tried changing the deal, he put the males on reptibid , never got the females and he called me last night 19 JAN 05 and said he shipped the males back and he thinks it was with FedEx. No package today. I called Ray and he told me they would arrive tomorrow ( doubtful ) then he said the would get here when they Muther F***ing get here , that he was blocking my number and to never call again.
In the course of this deal I've caught him in numerous lies , him trying to sell my animals without paying for them or completing the deal , being told I was stalking him and his family , him calling me a scammer because he didn't understand the papers on the males , him changing the deal after he got the papers and the list goes on. All the while he was telling me he wasn't trying to steal my animals.
Really now. I haven't recieved anything from Ray but a major hassle. Feel free to form your own opinion after reading the e-mails.

Old 01-20-2005, 10:27 PM   #2
BryonsBoas
The first round of e-mails

To: Bryonsboas@fanforce.net

Subject: Re: bp

Date: Wed 01/19/05 01:01 AM

Attachments
Name Type Save View
Part 1 text/plain Save
Part 2 text/html Save

i think you need to tell your friend to stop with the threatening,and stalking..your bud gregg. i dont even know him,so i guess you are feeding him? and getting him to threaten me..e-mailing me and telling me he is watching me..well i'll let the feds know that all this threatening is coming from you..my kids are reading these e-mails and thats not kool man so i'll continue to call the people i'm calling and we will have them contact you and your stalker gregg..i think the threats should and better stop,,now!!!!!
Bryon Adzic
3044 JohnsonMill Rd

Hamilton GA 31811

Bryon Adzic <Bryonsboas@fanforce.net> wrote:
The only contact I've been able to get out of you has been by e-mail which is fine by me. What happened to shipping to my animals back? This is why I'm ready for this to be over with , you keep changing everything daily if not every few hours. I have no reason to trust you . Its been one thing after another. Either finish the deal or cancel the deal and we're done. Apologize for? Blowing me off when I called you 3 times? Catching you in the bs about my males supposedly being under 700 grams? You trying to sell my snakes before you covered your end of the deal? You changing the deal and going back on everything you tell me your gonna do? All you had to do was ship the females on Wendsday or Thursday and it never would have went this far. I don't trust you and I don't believe you'll do anything you say you'll do until it actually happens.Why should I deal with you? I've had nothing but the runaround from you since you got my males.

--- Ray thomas <phantomreptiles@yahoo.com> wrote:

Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 00:35:59 -0800 (PST)

and you and your friend have made me the bad guy in this? bashing my name.if i was going to beat you out of your snakes why would i keep talking to you ? if you want to deal i want you and your friend to make a public apology.

Monday is a holiday. My # is in this e-mail thank you.

Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 17:02:49 -0800 (PST)

i will be sending your males back to you mon..you and your friend can try and scam someone else..

My number is in this e-mail. I'll be building ladder racks Sunday so if I get a chance I'll call . Not calling for a pissing contest. You wanna hash it and fix this deal fine. While your scanning for my number why don't read all the e-mails and see why I jumped the gun . I'm a big boy and can admit when I'm wrong and I was in jumping the gun on the 7 day notice thing and I apologize. So read everything very carefully and you might see why I did. You have my animals, they're listed on reptibid and I have nothing from you. How am I the bad in this deal with the bad attitude? So far you're selling animals that aren't yours since you still owe me for them? Should I have a good feeling about this? To this point you have done nothing to really give me a reason to trust you. I'll try to give you call .

Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 04:07:38 -0800 (PST)

they are no where near 1000 grams.. later i'll send you picture of them on scales,,lucky if they are 700 grams.

I've never had large breeder males. I e-mailed you their weights last week. I grow my males slow , always have. Mentioned that in our phone conversation. Even VPI mentions 1000 gram 3 year old males in their BP book. Those guys are'nt much smaller than that.

Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 15:15:12 -0800 (PST)

these boys are from 2002? why are they so small? being 3 years old?

Checked the usps website. Your paperwork is in Ft Lauderdale. You'll have it tomorrow. Lets get the girls shipped Weds. for a Thursday Delivery.

Bryon Adzic

3044 JohnsonMill Rd

Hamilton GA 31811

The FedEx address is 4470 Warm
Springs
Rd. I believe their zip is 31909. E-mail me with the tracking # please.

Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 04:47:54 -0800 (PST)

no havent shipped them,,,i need to wait on the paper work for these males...not saying your not telling the truth,,, but i run a business, and two normal males are worth nothing to me!!! so send the paper work as soon as possible,, and when i get it i will send them a.s.a.p,,as soon as possible!! Ray
Did you send the females? I need to know when to expect them.

Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 19:17:24 -0800 (PST)

nice man !!!kool!!!

Tuesday is a go.The lighter one is the biggest.

Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 17:36:22 -0800 (PST)

ya,kool man>>i got them!!!!thanks..still on for tuesday?

Hry man , I had to send the pics in a different e-mail. They wouldn't attatch to this one. Just checking to see if you got them. Everything is still looking good for Tuesday ship.

Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 18:13:51 -0800 (PST)

were are the pictures at?

Sweet , were you able to see the pics?

Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 17:45:15 -0800 (PST)

the guy i bought them from said he had them from 1 month old!!..and that the big female has had one litter before!!! and boy is she a monster!! she will do good i think!!!
Alright , the weights are 875 grams & 950 grams on my scale.

Troy Cromwell Bought 5 66% het / pied BPs from Reptile Industries, Inc. in Naples FL.

2 of these were sold to Greg Holland of G&M Herps in Temple TX . Grge's e-mail is gmherps@sbcglobal.net. The number I have for Troy is ( 937 ) 525 - 0990

The ID Number on the invoice from Troy is 0823030007

These are late ' 01 boys CB , 66% het/pied males.

I'll ship Tuesday , good to go on the heat pack.

Just were on the same/same here. I'm sending you 2.0 66% Het/Pied BPs , late ' 01 , 875 gr, 950 gr and covering my shipping to you at

Ray Strickland

705 SW 148 Ave. # 215

Sunrise FL 33325

In return you'll send me 0.2 Normal females , 1230 gr & 2300 gr , shipping covered by you and sent to me at

Bryon Adzic

3044 JohnsonMill Rd.

Hamilton GA , 31811

Both packages sent Next Day Delivery.

Since I forgot to ask , are these girls CB or WC ? Has the 2300 gr female ever been bred before?

Keep this e-mail for your records.

Bryon

I gaurentee live delivery ( unless the shipping company dicks up ) and that both males are healthy, have already started cooling for breeding and that both males are 66% het/pied as stated in all the paperwork given to me. Pics are attatched for ID purposes.

Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 08:09:15 -0800 (PST)

it the other one a female?

I waited 4 years for that little guy . Couldn't give him up if I wanted too.i do have another 66% het/pied I could let go if your interested. Not for the 3 females of course.

Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 00:53:58 -0800 (PST)

you woulnt wanna trade your baby clown for 3 big females?i have two other breeders that i wasnt gonna get rid of but i would for that baby..lol i love morphs

I had a 66% het for albino a couple months ago , I just got in a 100% het/clown baby boy and I'm getting a Nerd line lemon Pastel this spring.

Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 00:44:05 -0800 (PST)

do you have any het for albino or pastel?

Next day air is the only way to ship. I usually do a customer pick up . I keep cages and stuff at our warehouse for incoming packages.

Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 00:37:06 -0800 (PST)

you ship over night right? i ship next day by 1000am or sometimes1200pm

Consider it done . He's all yours , I'll get his weight for you as well.

Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 00:33:10 -0800 (PST)

we have a deal then!!!

Gonna crash , early day today. I'll get that info and stuff for ya and send it out tomorrow. My cell number is 706) 325 - 5404. Any questions ya got you'll be able to get me at that number most of the day. I live in the country and loose my signal out in the boonies.

Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 00:17:40 -0800 (PST)

i have two females a 1650 gram, and a huge 2300 gram female

If I don't have a 40 hour and the temps are good daytime I can get 12 hour packs. Its been nice daytime here. How big is the girl?

Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 23:50:05 -0800 (PST)

cool i;m in florida
I believe I do have pics on my pc at home. I'm house sitting for my boss right now. I'll be home tomorrow and get all the info for ya. I believe he's an ' 02. Producing sperm right now. I've already been cooling him. I bought out a buddy's bp collection and he was part of it. Lemme make sure I have a 40 hour heat pack before I set a definate date. If I do I can ship him Tuesday.

Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 23:32:19 -0800 (PST)

where did you get him?

Sure , I'll send the papers I have with him.

Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 23:20:20 -0800 (PST)

wanna trade the pied male?

Right now I have a 66% het / pied male , 100% het for anery boa and I'll have a boaphile sweaterbox rack end of Jan and possibly some neodesha cages 48" L x 30"D x 24"H in late Feb.

Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 21:54:43 -0800 (PST)

what do you have to trade?

Interested in selling her or trading or something?

Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 21:22:42 -0800 (PST)

yes

I noticed a post you had on the classifieds about having a large female bp. Do you still have her?

Bryon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit TheForce.Net
Your Daily Dose of Star Wars
http://www.theforce.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
All your favorites on one personal page Try My Yahoo!

Visit TheForce.Net

Old 01-20-2005, 10:30 PM   #3
BryonsBoas
The 2nd round of e-mails

Subject: Re: 7 DAY NOTICE

Date: Sat 01/15/05 03:46 PM

Attachments
Name Type Save View
Part 1 text/plain Save
Part 2 text/html Save

no you need to call me first,,i lost your #...why havent you called me ? you need to stop playing games...and change your bad attitude!!!

To be honest I called you 3 times and you kept giving me reasons to get off the phone and never called me back. How many people am I dealing with? At one point your fine and in another its all my fault. YOU have had my males up for sale for 3 days now without even a ship date on the females until I posted on the ads. Ship the females you agreed to in the deal , I retract my statement and we go our seperate ways. Selling the animals before the deal was done was very bad form and then telling me you were verifying the paperwork? Whatever man. Send me the tracking # and which company Your shipping with on Tuesday , I get the girls on Weds. , If everything is good I retract what I said on the ads and we no longer deal with each other.As far as the paperwork goes I had to clock out of work to get the box packed and over to UPS , it was mearly an oversight but I e-mailed all the info before I shipped. Not going there anymore. Just ship the girls and we're done.

Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 21:00:11 -0800 (PST)

you know you are a pretty ****ty person,to slander my name and then not even call me first..what is your deal... i deal in reptiles,,i buy and sell..your snakes are no different..but that attitude will get you no where with me man!! so i will be waiting for that sorry e-mail !!! you should of sent the paper work with the snakes,,that through a red flag up with me!! may i should just send your little dudes back? i do not need some over acting child throwing a temper tatrum on the floor!! grow up man!!

Getting angry doesn't solve anything at all but didn't explain why the males were up for sale before the deal was done. I'm sure if the situation were reversed you'd feel the same.Send me the tracking # Tuesday , will it be UPS or FedEx?

Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:57:05 -0800 (PST)

will ship on tuesday... getting angry doesnt solve any thing,,,had to make sure they were what you said they were...

I see you have my males up for sale. I'm guessing this means I'm still trying to scam you right? Looks more like its the other way around pal. When were going to ship my females? Why are the males up for sale already?

Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 05:47:46 -0800 (PST)

#1,you are stupid in trying to tell me those are 02 males,,#2you are telling me you grow them slow? #3 -7 day notice? #4 you and your friend are stupid,,thinking you all can scam me!!! get smart,, sending me normals with different paper work..greg holland is a piece of ****!!! i will be sending you what these are worth,,,two 1550 gram females!!!
I'm not going to play this game with you. We had a deal no step up, be a man and finish it. I don't have the time or patience to play with you. Quit trying to scam me and send the 2300 gram and the 1230 gram females you agreed to send in trade for the 2.0 66% het pied males. I was upfront and honest about the deal on my end. YOU e-mailed me saying you would send them asap when you got the paperwork on the males. You have the papers now so me my females.

I e-mailed the previous owner our e-mails pointing out the weights YOU claim . I'm pasting his response in this e-mail.

Greg Holland <gmherps@sbcglobal.net>

Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: bp

Date: Thu 01/13/05 04:46 AM

Attachments
Name Type Save View
Part 1 text/plain Save
Part 2 text/html Save

Why does his email name say Ray Thomas, when his name is Strickland?

Those are not 700 grams, when I sold them to you they were WAY more than that.

Guess who is trying to scam my ass. Pay close attention to the dates since he's had those males for a week today.

--- Begin forwarded message:

Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 04:07:38 -0800 (PST)

they are no where near 1000 grams.. later i'll send you picture of them on scales,,lucky if they are 700 grams.

I've never had large breeder males. I e-mailed you their weights last week. I grow my males slow , always have. Mentioned that in our phone conversation. Even VPI mentions 1000 gram 3 year old males in their BP book. Those guys are'nt much smaller than that.

Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 15:15:12 -0800 (PST)

these boys are from 2002? why are they so small? being 3 years old?

Checked the usps website. Your paperwork is in Ft Lauderdale. You'll have it tomorrow. Lets get the girls shipped Weds. for a Thursday Delivery.

Bryon Adzic

3044 JohnsonMill Rd

Hamilton GA 31811

The FedEx address is 4470 Warm
Springs
Rd. I believe their zip is 31909. E-mail me with the tracking # please.

I'm giving you 7 days to finish this deal. That means you send me the 2 females you agreed to or my het males at YOUR expense since you wanna play dick around games. Next Thursday I either have my females or I'm contacting the local Police Department in YOUR area and filing theft charges. I will always have an investigation done by Fish and Wildlife as to the possibility of you selling exotics without proper permits/liscences. The typical post on the BOI as well. I still have a copy of my invoice from Greg Holland that states the price/value I paid and it may be more than just a misdemeanor. In GA anything over $500 is a felony , I'll make to check the amount for Florida. Is a felony really worth the trouble? Send my females , CB , eating and healthy, the same as the males I sent you ( they weren't eating since I was cooling them for breeding season ) which you knew since I told you that more than once.

7 days or I file charges.

Bryon Adzic

P.S. Since I brought Greg into this to verify you were full of **** I'm sending him a copy of this e-mail as well.

Visit TheForce.Net

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - Find what you need with new enhanced search. Learn more.

Visit TheForce.Net

Do you Yahoo!?
All your favorites on one personal page Try My Yahoo!

Visit TheForce.Net

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - 250MB free storage. Do more. Manage less.

Visit TheForce.Net

Old 01-20-2005, 10:37 PM   #4
BryonsBoas
If I missed the cuss words I apologize

I had ment to tone down any cuss words but its been a long day so if someone could do some bleeping it would be appreciated.

Before anyone asks , I know now I need to do better research on folks plus a few other things. It has been an interesting experience thus far.I've talked to the local sherriffs for advice and was told this is a civil matter so I'll be going to the court house to see what I have to do about this next week.

Yes , there are times I flew off the handle during this but it was obvious that as soon as Ray got the papers he started his scam. I decided to not put up with it but its a little late since he has my males , refuses to return them , constantly lies and changes everything he has told me.

So Ray , pay your fine and lets hear your side bud.

Old 01-20-2005, 10:57 PM   #5
aznfish919
i didnt have the best expereince with Ray either,
purhcased two supposedly cb females of breeding size, so over 1000 grams he says, one being 1700

well both arived in a regular postal box for books( so a very skinny box) with three snakes in it-little cushioning for the snakes
he shipped USPS, even tho i paid extra for UPS or FEDEX, or DHL
he was late on shipping plus both snakes turned up to be less than 1000 grams-

good thing i got the male i wanted-but soon after i paid for it, he had posted it up as a female for sale on reptibid again

it always seemed fishy that this perosn would be out looking to buy every ball python posted but at the same time trying to sell ball pythons-

in the end , i guess i turned out lucky since i got the animals-although misrepresented

Old 01-20-2005, 10:57 PM   #6
aznfish919
i hope u get ur snakes

Old 01-20-2005, 11:12 PM   #7
BryonsBoas
I doubt I will

Ray is pretty ticked that I've been busting him in the lies . I didn't post anything pretty on his reptibid ads so he ended up pulling it. This guy is a real piece of work. Totally unstable. According to Ray I'm trying to scam him. lol

I wouldn't doubt that he has copies of the papers to pas off normals as hets.Its kinda funny that he keeps telling me that he isn't trying to steal my animals but refuses to send them back.These are the hets.
Attached Images

Old 01-21-2005, 07:23 AM   #8
gmherps
I too am involved with this.
I sold the 55% hets to Bryon which he in turned traded to Ray. So there is paperwork from me that Ray has. I have no doubt in my mind that this low-class piece of garbage can and will pass off normals as poss hets with that paperwork.

When Ray called me a piece of s$$$ I decided to get myself involved.

After posting multiple links on his ads (reptibid look under Phantomreptiles) to direct people to fauna (here) to see what a piece of garbage he is, he decided to give me a little phone call.

Lets just say when someone gets busted trying to scam another person, they get pretty hot-headed and FAST!!

I SUPPOSSEDLY have the FEDS tapping my phone line and watching my communications on reptile forums because I threatened Ray!!

He made a statement that I threatened his children , and his family!!

I asked him to forward me those emails in which I did this, but, there isn't any.

This guy needs to be avoided like the plague.

Unless you're into giving reptiles away, Ray Thomas (Strickland) is definetly a person to NEVER DEAL WITH.

Old 01-21-2005, 09:15 AM   #9
CrittersWild
Phantom Reptiles

I almost bought these guys until i have seen you ad posted. really could have used those Pied males to. Anyways if ya need any info you can email me. Critterswild@yahoo.com

Old 01-21-2005, 09:37 PM   #10
BryonsBoas
Got my animals back

Ray shipped them back in a very small , thin walled caedboard box for a portable DVD player , one piece of newspaper in the bottom and the animals packed on the heat pack. Better yet he shipped it GROUND. The box is all of 8 x 6 x 8 with all but 1/4 inch of 2 corners tapped over. This piece of crap took out his anger of this deal out on my animals. If I lived any farther away I would'nt have gotten them until next week , dead as a doornail.

I would've been more than happy to apologize for call him a theif but now I refuse to apologize to a sack of crap that was willing to let my animals die because he was mad at me and didn't want to break his $10 budget for shipping.

From the UPS website:

Track by Tracking Number
Track by Tracking Number

View Details

View Details

Delivered on: Jan 21, 2005 1:24 P.M.

Delivered to: HAMILTON, GA, US
Shipped or Billed on: Jan 19, 2005

Tracking Number: 1Z 9W2 82A 03 1472 107 5
Service Type: GROUND
Weight: 4.70 Lbs

Package Progress:

Date/
Time Location Activity

Jan 21, 2005
1:24 P.M.
COLUMBUS, GA, US
DELIVERY
4:45 A.M. COLUMBUS, GA, US OUT FOR DELIVERY
4:30 A.M. COLUMBUS, GA, US ARRIVAL SCAN
1:41 A.M. ATLANTA, GA, US DEPARTURE SCAN
Jan 20, 2005
6:42 P.M.
ATLANTA, GA, US
ARRIVAL SCAN
11:05 A.M. JACKSONVILLE, FL, US DEPARTURE SCAN
5:13 A.M. JACKSONVILLE, FL, US ARRIVAL SCAN
Jan 19, 2005
8:58 P.M.
LAUDERHILL, FL, US
DEPARTURE SCAN
7:19 P.M. LAUDERHILL, FL, US ORIGIN SCAN
6:17 P.M. US BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
6:11 P.M. LAUDERHILL, FL, US PICKUP SCAN

Tracking results provided by UPS: Jan 21, 2005 9:32 P.M. Eastern Time (USA)

Since this deal started I've been lied to , attempted theft of my animals , my time wasted and now the sorry SOB sends my animals UPS GROUND.

You're a real sack of crap Ray. BTW Ray , look at the weight on your wee little box , under 700 grams each my redneck butt.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!