Bad Guy California Zoological Supply - Horrible Scam. - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:43 PM   #21
Fangthane
Seems like an amazing coincidence that two seemingly unrelated victims would just so happen to be so geographically close to one another. Possible, but fairly unlike, I'd think. I think that everyone who's directly involved with this thread should start coughing up some emails to back up their claims.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:36 PM   #22
Snake-Queen
I call on all 3 parties.

Zoo has no location or name & Dexter Morgan ... really?

Old 08-23-2012, 10:44 PM   #23
MiniDragons
Since this guy contacted his lawyer I contacted mine. He has advised me to say no more on this thread and I may have to take this to court. I also followed these steps and notified these agencies:

Make copies of the advertisement on your local hard drive. Try to get a copy of the logfile transcript that shows this users post Complain to the persons Internet Service Provider that the advertiser is posting fraudulent advertisements and ask the Internet Service Provider to terminate his account for violating it's Terms of Service Agreement
File a complaint at FBI Internet Fraud Complaint Center
File a complaint at ScamBusters
File a complaint on the National Fraud Information Center
File a formal theft complaint with their local law enforcement authorities
File a complaint at the Better Business Bureau
Post a complaint on the pubic USENET forums.
Do NOT post them to private forums such as kingsnake.com's where the website may suffer liability because of your post.
File a formal complaint with the US Postmaster General. (This works best if you sent the person a US Postal Service Money Order). Mail Fraud is a FEDERAL OFFENSE and there are lots of people in PRISON for committing MAIL FRAUD. If you sent your check/money order via US Postal Service to him and he accepted it congrats thats mail fraud.
File a complaint with the webmaster at the site with the advertisement. Make sure to include the URL of the post and do it as soon as you know you've been scammed. Here that would be the abuse coordinator.Please include both your contact info and all the contact info of the individual or business you are complaining about. Please note that we can only enforce our Terms of Service, and cannot mediate or act as an agent on your behalf.

This is good for anyone who has been taken for a ride. Honestly I am not here to bicker and argue back and fourth. I am just telling you what happened to me so you guys can at least be aware that this may happen to you. This can go back and forth like it always does on this thread but I will leave you with this: If you really want to get a straight answer out of this guy then ask him 1) Why does he require you to ship your reptiles to him before he sends you a payment, 2) Why does he only agree to use PayPal after you send him your animals first, and 3) Why wont he split any losses if something unfortunate happens. I think that should be enough to leave any rational person with a clear cut answer about this guy.

P.S. Guys, be aware of "ship your snake first schemes" and people who are hesitant to use systems such as PayPal that give you the option to expose them if they try to take you for a ride with your money. Thanks for your time.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:53 PM   #24
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniDragons View Post
Since this guy contacted his lawyer I contacted mine. He has advised me to say no more on this thread
And yet here you are, having the last word

Old 08-23-2012, 10:54 PM   #25
EdwardK
While it has been a few years, when I worked at a pet store in Pennsylvania called Martin's Aquarium (in Jenkintown, PA. Now closed) running thier reptile department, I frequently purchased animals for the store from Cal Zoo. I have to say that during that time, I routinely dealt with Ty and never had an issue with any of the animals I recieved from them. Now it is possible things have changed since then but I doubt it..

Ed
Ed Kowalski

Old 08-23-2012, 10:57 PM   #26
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniDragons View Post
Since this guy contacted his lawyer I contacted mine. He has advised me to say no more on this thread and I may have to take this to court.
I did not read where he contacted his lawyer.

Whenever I see someone state "I contacted my lawyer." I smell scammer. Plus, you aren't even posting with your real name. If by some small chance your name is Dexter Morgan, scan your DL & black all but your name, the post it here. Otherwise, you are a scammer in my book & not worth any more of my time or anyone else's.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:01 PM   #27
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniDragons
Since this guy contacted his lawyer I contacted mine. He has advised me to say no more on this thread and I may have to take this to court. I also followed these steps and notified these agencies
How convenient.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniDragons
If you really want to get a straight answer out of this guy then ask him 1) Why does he require you to ship your reptiles to him before he sends you a payment, 2) Why does he only agree to use PayPal after you send him your animals first, and 3) Why wont he split any losses if something unfortunate happens. I think that should be enough to leave any rational person with a clear cut answer about this guy.
1)
I was of the same opinion: that it'd be a bonehead move to send snakes before receiving payment. I was informed that, apparently, that's standard operating procedure with wholesalers. Assuming you're not completely FOS, which is a big assumption at this point, it's a little late to complain about terms that you agreed to by allegedly sending your snake. You can't claim ignorance on that one.
2)
Pretty much the same question as number one, so it's basically the same answer.
3)
You've presented nothing to show that ANY transaction took place. Since you're asking for us to sympathize with your alleged plight, you're going to need to prove that things happened as you've stated.

This whole thread reeks of a spiteful driveby. However, at this point, all three parties appear suspect, at best.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:07 PM   #28
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids View Post
You've presented nothing to show that ANY transaction took place. Since you're asking for us to sympathize with your alleged plight, you're going to need to prove that things happened as you've stated.

You're putting him in a real pickle. If he doesn't post, the fact that there is no evidence will permanently make his claims suspect.
If he does post, he will have to trash his make believe lawyer's advice.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:30 PM   #29
CarolinaClassicDragons
I have done business with Ty at California Zoological Supply several times over the past couple of years and every transaction went very smoothly. He sent me the shipping label, once he received the dragons he cut me a check. No issues.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:36 PM   #30
ronritzer
The fact that both people claiming to have had this problem have the same IP address is proof enough they are full of it. Sharing the same IP address doenst mena they are geographially close, it means they are from the same ROUTER, which means they are obviously the same person. "oh the same thing happened to me" total BS.

The fact of the matter is that Cal Zoo is actually a reputable company that buys and sells reptiles. In fact, by buying animals from hobbyists, they are only helping to promote the reptile hobby and promote hobby level breeders by giving them an avenue to move large quantities of their reptiles and amphibians.

Sounds like someone just had a beef with them but didnt have any LEGITIMATE complaints to make.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!