"What do you see in this picture?" - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-03-2005, 11:19 PM   #1
South Dixie Dragons
"What do you see in this picture?"

(Yes, I know it is a Dumerils) what do you see in this picture? I am looking for opinions
Attached Images

Old 11-03-2005, 11:23 PM   #2
coyote
My best guess.
It looks like a picture of a picture. My eye thinks it sees a fold running down the center of the page.

On my monitor this is a very red Dumeril's. I'd like to have a red Dumeril's.

Old 11-03-2005, 11:26 PM   #3
Karen Hulvey
Is it a newborn with the bloody membrane still on it?

If it's not a newborn, it looks like it's having a hard time shedding. Is there something wrong with the tip of its tail?

Give me a hint as to what you're looking at.

Old 11-03-2005, 11:35 PM   #4
South Dixie Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hulvey
Is it a newborn with the bloody membrane still on it?

If it's not a newborn, it looks like it's having a hard time shedding. Is there something wrong with the tip of its tail?

Give me a hint as to what you're looking at.
I thought the same thing about the membrane at first..but llok closer..the snake is dry and the color seems very strange...the tail also does not look right to me either. I have showed this photo to a couple of folks to get opinions but there just seems to be a few thing not right with this photo..I will point out some other things later but I want to see first if anyone else sees the same things we do or it is just our imagination..
This is an animal for sale BTW

Old 11-03-2005, 11:40 PM   #5
Matt Haines
There seems to be a purple hue in some spots. Such as on some places of the snake as well as on the rocks in the top right corner next to the snake.

Old 11-03-2005, 11:43 PM   #6
Dennis1
His tail seems to blend in with his body?

Old 11-03-2005, 11:45 PM   #7
South Dixie Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis1
His tail seems to blend in with his body?
yes, but what about the color??? and take a close look at the pattern on the snake..

Old 11-03-2005, 11:57 PM   #8
Dennis1
Between the third and the fourth black mark on its tail it seems to be touched up and a lil past the fourth also?

Old 11-04-2005, 12:03 AM   #9
Dennis1
Oh and i have never kept dum's but i have secretly admirered them but i have never seen one that color before i mean it has a whole lotta red
if i saw one like that i would buy it quick if i had more time that is

Old 11-04-2005, 12:08 AM   #10
hhmoore
As one of the people Michele has spoken with about this picture, I must abstain from further comment at this point...but I'm glad people are looking, lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!