"What do you see in this picture?" - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-04-2005, 12:17 PM   #31
LakesideBoas
Whoa!

I didn't see any "pictures" within the picture (thank Gawd!) but the thing that screamed at me are the remarkable pattern similarities in various portions of this animal.

I circled some of them so others could see. The white looks like a flipped repeating pattern. Yellow you can see what is really messed up about the tail. It's not 'shopped all the way, but you can definitely see the body scale pattern is obscuring the right hand side of the tail, giving it the "invisible" look. Some other pattern anomalies I circled in blue.

To be fair, this is one of the crappiest photos I have had the displeasure of working with so the extreme pixilation may be part and parcel for some of the things we are "seeing". Even so, this animal appears to have very "unique" patterning going on and the color is definitely not true to form.

If the person who took this rather horrid photo would say that I am full of it and take another shot of this little Dum, I would be happy to be wrong.

Old 11-04-2005, 03:24 PM   #32
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
I started seeing things that just didn't belong...some, like the baby face that I highlighted earlier, might just be pattern abnormalities.
I thought it was the Virgin Mary.

This is a sign you know...

Old 11-04-2005, 06:02 PM   #33
South Dixie Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulSage
I thought it was the Virgin Mary.

This is a sign you know...

Old 11-04-2005, 08:12 PM   #34
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Dixie Dragons
Harald is actually the the one that pointed this out to me..I missed it at first. I gave up LSD and the other drugs I did back in the late 80's , therefore my mind is not as focused as it once was, ....sadly
Harald, help me out here..
can I help it if my mind has been deprived of recreational pharmaceuticals? Sadly enough, this is not the first time my tired eyes and brain have conspired to amuse themselves by seeking out images and forms out of random patterns. And once found, these things continue to jump out at me everytime I look at a given pattern (can you tell that I've spent alot of time alone, and too many hours not sleeping, lol).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Sage
I thought it was the Virgin Mary
I think that lower left image which I circled may have been the Virgin Mary...I knew I had seen that one before. Funny, I always thought she would be prettier. I guess, as they say in the classifieds, "the picture doesn't do her justice."

I for one, am happy that there is a logical explanation for the appearance of the photo (thank you, Serpwidgets and Maggie). I'm not sure how I feel about the "images" not really appearing on the snake...as I stated earlier, if they were there, I would have either bought the snake or run screaming from the hobby

Old 11-05-2005, 12:21 PM   #35
coyote
Why would a person go to so much trouble? What's the point of that?
Just focus, take a picture, upload a picture. Why manipulate it?

Old 11-05-2005, 03:31 PM   #36
Cat_72
I missed this thread earlier...and now after spending a ridiculous amount of time staring at all of the various versions of it on here.....I think I have not only bruised my eyes, I think I may have pulled a brain muscle. Sheesh. Whatever the actual case may be, I wouldn't go near purchasing this snake.....

Pssst, Paul.....that's not the Virgin Mary, it's Paris Hilton. Really.

Old 11-09-2005, 09:18 AM   #37
Southwick Herps
Im with Herald. I would run away from this Boa...
Reading over the entire thread, I think this Boa needs an exorcism.
It has a demon face on it, which symbolizes the devil, and demonic entities inside the body. It also has the face of Virgin Mary, trying to exile the demons, unsuccessfully.
Holy crap, I've watched wayyy too many Discovery Channel "Haunting" shows lately.....

Old 11-11-2005, 07:19 PM   #38
Cory Newman
I'm no photo expert, but in my opinion it looks like someone took a low resolution digital image and photo shopped it. My guess is that the dry area was a hot spot from the flash, and the remaining image was over exposed. Rather than do a good job they photo shopped the whole image which is also why the glass in the foreground of the image has a pinkish cast to it. The ghosting probably occurred because the original image also had depth of field problems as well as exposure issues and while enhancing the pixel sharpness the result was that the image melted together in places. This problem was compounded by the sloppy color enhancement which led to the ghosting as the colors from the pebbles are pulled into the snake like water drops do to ink on letterhead. Likewise this could also explain why the image looks as though it has lines running through it, the software was doing it's job, but the author never took time to clarify or balance the values of the color's completely throughout the image. It's an either an example of sloppy editing or the author was inexperienced in the use of the software, or it could be an expert job of editing with a really poor quality initial image? Either way my guess is that it's a boa constrictor, just kidding!

Old 11-14-2005, 01:16 AM   #39
A_Kendergirl
Ok, this is my opinion on the whole thing. Have you ever seen a photo mosaic? This looks just like one. Basically, you take a master photograph, and a HUGE database of other images. Then, a program sorts through your image database looking for just the right piece of the puzzle to create the master image. Usually when you see them, they are things like a picture of Yoda, and when you get close enough you see all sorts of pictures from Star Wars.

I think they took a picture of the snake in question, altered the color, and then ran it as a master image. When you get close enough, there are patterns that just don't mesh, and would never happen in nature (or even with most photo alterations or scanning problems. If fact, every box consists of 8x8 pixles. Take a look at this. I have little doubt that this is what happened.

In the first one, you see colors that don't belong. In the second, you can see a SHARP delineation of where the left side of the tail is. In the 3rd, you see all sorts of patterns "fighting" with each other.

No question, this isn't an actual photo, not even close.
Attached Images

Old 11-14-2005, 01:24 AM   #40
A_Kendergirl
Just one more ... This one is funny.

Check out the tip of the "nose"...
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!