Automatic Watering system for Rodents - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 03-03-2006, 12:00 AM   #1
raiquee
Automatic Watering system for Rodents

Hello,

We plan on making a automatic watering system for our rodent racks, and was curious...Where can we find the drinking valvues for the best price? I know of www.damars.com but they are almost 4 bucks a piece.

Any other places I can check?

Thanks!

Old 03-03-2006, 12:26 AM   #3
Clay Davenport
Well, I posted that link before I visited the one you posted. It seems both places are the same price, $3.45
They're also the same price at these places here, here, and here.

I get all my watering system supplies from AG Select. Regardless, compared to a water bottle, those valves are worth every penny. I'd feed off all the rodents and burn by rat building before I'd go back to raising them without it.

Old 03-03-2006, 09:26 AM   #4
Junkyard
That is the normal price to pay, it seems that prices have gone up, they used to be $2.50 each.

I purchased a bunch from www.BassEquipment.com, the cheap ones are $1.75 a piece and the better ones cost more. I did buy a lot of the cheap ones and they work just wonderfully. Keep in mind also that not all the nozzles are made to fit a 1/4 inch pipping, I had to do a little retubing, but they are working great for me. Also you cannot adjust the water flow with the cheap ones.

Bass Equipment carries everything for gravity water systems and even more than that, best prices and selection around, they sell everything for a person tpo build their own custom cage.

Old 03-03-2006, 02:56 PM   #5
Clay Davenport
Quote:
That is the normal price to pay, it seems that prices have gone up, they used to be $2.50 each.
That's what I was thinking too, and why I posted that link before I looked. It's been a while since I ordered valves and I was almost sure I paid less than $3 each for them.

Old 03-03-2006, 04:12 PM   #6
Clay Davenport
I just checked Bass Equipment and their Vari-Flo valves with the 3/16" barb, which is what I use, are only $2.20
I'll definately order a couple of dozen just to have on hand. Thanks for that link.

Old 03-03-2006, 04:27 PM   #7
khoffman
auto watering system

klubertanz equipment carries these i dont know how much they cost but im sure there somewhere around the same price as bass equipment www.klubertanzequipment.com i think is the site otherwise do a search for it thanks kyle

Old 03-03-2006, 04:57 PM   #8
Clay Davenport
I checked out Kluberantz, the link is actually http://www.klubertanz.com.
Their pirces on the valves are comparable with Bass. If I were only getting valves I think I'd get them from Bass because the whole ordering process is simpler with the online cart.

However, I did find that Kluberantz carries 1/3" welded wire. This stuff is extremely hard to find, but it should work great in rat racks.
For mice I use 1/4" mesh, but the rats can't really get their food through that so I use 1/2" for them. The 1/2" allows dog food pellets to fall through and get stuck halfway catching on the pans, so to avoid that you nave to use the Rat Diet from Mazuri or Purina which has a much larger pellet size, but is twice the cost.
The 1/3" hardware cloth should solve the problem nicely. I've been looking for a source fo rthat for several years and so far have only found it directly from manufacturers where you have to buy like 500' rolls.

Just an FYI for anyone else who has been searching for the 1/3" wire.

Old 03-03-2006, 05:12 PM   #9
Junkyard
I have 1/4 inch wire for my rats, they do not seem to have any problems getting to the dog food.

FYI about Bass, they send you out a confirmation order e-mail, you can then call anytime to get a tracking number or just find out when they are planning on shipping. It is a little different, they have an office in the west coast and another one in the mid west or east coast, I do not remember. Any case, they were quick to process and ship my order.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!