mgreptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-08-2006, 12:19 AM   #1
tmlowe5704
mgreptiles

On Oct. 13 I needed to order a thermostat and some flexwatt for an incoming snake. I figured I would order from Matt because he seemed like a nice guy and had heard some good about him. Well all was fine until my order was placed.

I ordered on Oct. 13 a wired Johnson Controls thermostat, a sterilite 1960 tub, and a foot of prewired flexwatt. His website said approximately a week to wire and ship the thermostat and flexwatt so I was fine with that. So I e-mail him on Oct. 23 asking for an update on my order. He responds back that day and says that he was out of the clips to wire the flexwatt and they would be in on Wednesday and ship whenever it arrived. I said okay, waited a few days and e-mailed him again asking about the status of my order. It was Oct. 28 and I asked him if the clips were in or was the order shipped. Receive a response of Sunday Oct. 29 and he told me the clips were in on Friday and that my order would be shipped on Monday the 30th. I asked him how long shipping takes and he said 2-3 days. I e-mail him again on 11/03 making sure my order was shipped and he tells me that is has not shipped yet and would be shipped the next day. Here I am on the 7th, nearly a month later with no thermostat and a breeder waiting to ship a snake off to me. If they were in on the 27th, what was the problem with shipping it off on the 30th? Why was another 5 days needed until my order left his place?

Normally, I would not get worried over this or worked up, but I never got any e-mails from Matt explaining updates or anything like that. I never got any info until I inquired. If you want your flexwatt on time, order from somewhere else. Being out of stock is understandable, but no updates for me and procrastination if not understandable of a business.

Old 11-08-2006, 07:56 AM   #2
Jim O
Timothy,

Have you let Matt know about this thread so he can respond?

Old 11-08-2006, 10:33 AM   #3
MGReptiles
Yes tim your order was delayed for the clip sets to arrive. I apologize for the inconvience. We had several emails back and forth

Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 10:37:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: matt@mgreptiles.com View Contact Details Add Mobile Alert
Subject: Re: Notification of Payment Received
To: "tmlowe5704@yahoo.com" <tmlowe5704@yahoo.com>
Hello,
I have received your order, thank you! A “ Delivery Confrimation number” will be sent from paypal when your order ships. The number you receive will not show any transit information as it is not a true tracking number like you would receive from FedEx or the like. Your order will be shipped using USPS Priority mail and goes out the same day or day after you receive the email. Orders are taking about 1-7 days to be shipped depending on the complexity of the order (degree of wiring). Also if you have any questions feel free to email us with any concerns you may have. Thanks again for your business and God Bless,
-Matt Graybeal

"tmlowe5704@yahoo.com" <tmlowe5704@yahoo.com> wrote:

Dear MG Reptiles,

This email confirms that you have received a payment of $127.94 USD from Timothy Lowe(tmlowe5704@yahoo.com).

View the details of this transaction online

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PayPal Shopping Cart Contents
Item Name: Johnson Controls W/ 6 outlet power strip
Quantity: 1

Total: $73.99 USD

Item Name: TUB AND FLEXWATT ONLY
Quantity: 1

Total: $45.00 USD

Cart Subtotal: $118.99 USD
Shipping: $8.95 USD
Sales Tax:
Cart Total: $127.94 USD

Payment Details
Total Amount: $127.94 USD
Currency: U.S. Dollars
Transaction ID: 1X6923719J475145S
Buyer: Timothy Lowe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shipping Information

Address: Timothy Lowe

__________________________________________________ _____________

Previous | Next | Back to Search Results
DeleteReplyForwardMove...
Printable View This message is not flagged. [ Flag Message - Mark as Unread ]

Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 19:45:55 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: order
To: "Tim Lowe" <tmlowe5704@yahoo.com>
Hey Tim,
We have been waiting for the clips for the flexwatt. We are expecting them in the next few days and will be shipping your order the same day it arrives. Sorry for the delay and thank you for your business,-Matt

Tim Lowe <tmlowe5704@yahoo.com> wrote:
Sorry for writing again but I just needed to check the status of my order. I have a breeder waiting to send a snake out to me and just wants to get an idea of when it can ship. Thank you.
-Tim Lowe

Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 08:54:41 -0800 (PST)
Actually no they are a toothed compression clip. I have went out to several places that supply electrical companies and they don't even sell them, much less the flatbed crimper. I have them in stock as of Friday and will be shipping your order out Monday(tomorrow). Thanks for your patience you have been really kind to me during your wait and it is appreciated more than you know!
-Matt

Tim Lowe <tmlowe5704@yahoo.com> wrote:
Are these clips something that I can buy at a home depot or anything like that or has the order shipped out?

Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 13:32:10 -0800 (PST)
Usually 2-3 days

Tim Lowe <tmlowe5704@yahoo.com> wrote: How long does shipping usually take?

This message is not flagged. [ Flag Message - Mark as Unread ]

Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 17:43:17 -0800 (PST)
Hey Tim,
It left our store on the 4th. The delivery confrimation number will not give you any information until the box has been delivered. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with,
-Matt

We talked several times and I tried to keep you informed as to what the status was. Again sorry you were not satisified.. Have a Blessed Day!
-Matt

Old 11-08-2006, 12:34 PM   #4
RTBoas
Question Why?

Tim, I understand you had to wait for your products. Are you not happy with the products?

Matt indicated that he didn't have the clips to complete the job and it seems you were fine with that? If Matt had them in stock I'm sure you would have gotten your shipment sooner don't you think?

Tim, if you were in a hurry to get these things why didn't you just tell him to ship them w/o the clips and buy the clips from someone else.

Matt, that is a long time to wait for a shipment but since you both were communicating back in forth I don't see a problem here.

Old 11-08-2006, 12:37 PM   #5
MGReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTBoas
Matt, that is a long time to wait for a shipment but since you both were communicating back in forth I don't see a problem here.
Honeslty I dont see the problem either. It did take longer than normal as we dont buy our clips from the flexwatt company we get them from the manufacture and buy in huge quanities so it takes a little longer to get them in..

Old 11-08-2006, 12:41 PM   #6
shrap
I ran into a similar situation with Matt a while back. One thing I suggested to Matt then, and still do, is when he is temporarily out of something he should mark the product "temporarily out of stock". That way people dont order stuff, send money and then find out AFTERWARDS that there is going to be a delay.

Old 11-08-2006, 12:55 PM   #7
MGReptiles
That would be great if I didn't have stock that changes day to day. We have alot of things on auto ship and dont know when they are coming and usually can have anything here in 3 days or overnight for the themrostats. I would spend several hours a day working on the site that needs to be dedicated to filling orders.

Old 11-08-2006, 01:08 PM   #8
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGReptiles
That would be great if I didn't have stock that changes day to day. We have alot of things on auto ship and dont know when they are coming and usually can have anything here in 3 days or overnight for the themrostats. I would spend several hours a day working on the site that needs to be dedicated to filling orders.
Well that is a level of customer service that everyone needs to make for themselves I guess. But there is a reason I quit ordering my supplies from you Matt.

I honestly aint trying to give you a hard time. As a person I think you are one of the very best and feel quite fortunate to have gotten to know you a bit online over the past couple of years, but business is business.

Old 11-08-2006, 01:13 PM   #9
MGReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
Well that is a level of customer service that everyone needs to make for themselves I guess. But there is a reason I quit ordering my supplies from you Matt.

I honestly aint trying to give you a hard time. As a person I think you are one of the very best and feel quite fortunate to have gotten to know you a bit online over the past couple of years, but business is business.
And I am truly sorry to have lost your business. Have a good one!
-Matt

Old 11-08-2006, 01:29 PM   #10
tmlowe5704
The problem I saw was that I had to inquire about my order 2 or 3 days after it was supposed to have shipped. I didn't get an e-mail informing me that it would take longer than expected. I was PM'ed a link to a thread on BP.net and nearly every negative response was about the same thing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!