todzilla176 (INFO)!! now selling R.I. infected BP - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-22-2006, 03:51 AM   #1
fuctcivic
Stop! todzilla176 (INFO)!! now selling R.I. infected BP

Todzilla176 (macy bundt) and i had some contact about a snake she was trying to sell on here... which is this pastle male.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/pp_c...&cat=10&page=1
after accepting my offer of 200 dollars for the snake she gave me a run around and would not let me come pick up the snake stating that she was always busy and couldnt find 5 minutes within the day where i could meet her and do the exchange(shes only about a half hour away and i agreed to come pick him up where ever she wanted) after some time spent emailing each other back and forth on several days, she told me "I have talked to some other breeders and they do not recommend that I should him because he is worth more than what we had upon. I have lost 2 to RI infections in the last 2 weeks and they recommended not to sell him out of integrity"
this was the second deal she backed out of on me. i will enclose the emails that where sent back and forth. i just feel that anyone else that is interested in the snake should know about my dealings with her. i was going to just forget about the whole ordeal but now i see that the snake is reposted. and i feel that other people should know about my headache with her! i hope this helps someone else whos possibly looking at this snake... she said nothing of the R.I. infection untill she changed her mind as you can see in the emails even tho she claims that she lost 2 snakes already. she also said she had taken him to a vet and i see on the new add he has a "possible R.I." and there is no mention of the vet. this is my 1st post on the BOI i hope i followed the guidlines correctly...pm me if theres any questions

Here are our emails that were sent back and forth:

Sorry for the late response but I don't feel that I can sell this one now and sorry for this. I have talked to some other breeders and they do not recommend that I should him because he is worth more than what we had upon. I have lost 2 to RI infections in the last 2 weeks and they recommended not to sell him out of integrity. Thanks and sorry
Mace

Chris Pack <fuctcivic@hotmail.com> wrote:

i would be willing to come even when you are doing with pratice some day its not a big deal what so ever. it is a half hour drive and then prolly 5 minutes so you can coul your money and hand me then snake. i'm hoping maybe within the next email you can give me a time to meet you some where instead of all this emailing back and forth. brcause all i'm getting in a run around it seems. i've been waiting for 4 days since you agreed to sell him to me for a set time and date..i go to college full time work part time and hunt and snowboard and bike but yet i can still find time...especially 5 minutes. i just figured i'd already have him considering how close we are.
chris

> Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 05:58:58 -0800
> From: maceybundt24@yahoo.com
> Subject: RE: A message about your ad on
> To: fuctcivic@hotmail.com
>
> Today will not work as I said because I am going out hunting till 5:30. When I get back I have to leave right away for Basketball practice till 8:00 which I cannot skip. I am sorry today will not work for me...
> Mace

> Chris Pack wrote:
> i don't mean to be so pushy.. its just last time the snake was sold or traded or whatever to someone else. i've met your price, agreed to drive the full distance and pick it up and everything. i was asking if i could come get him tomorrow because i figured it was sunday and you might have some free time. i realize you may be hunting but you can only hunt till dark and i wouldn't be able to go till after 4 p.m. anyways. It just seems like your putting it off so you don't have to sell it is all... we spent 3 hours tonight exchanging emails... and the same with some other times we've tried to do business. it would have only taken me 40 minutes at the most from receiving your 1st email tonight to picking the snake up at your place... far less time than we spent sending emails to each other. I would just rather get the transaction over with instead of always wondering and worrying about it. there is a few nice days coming up and i could have possibly had a snake shipped but i figured i had my money tied up with your snake already. there is no one that will guarantee me a live arrival on a snake anymore until well into spring time now and this is my only secure option. i hope we can figure this all out and decide on an agreement sometime soon. again thank you for your time.
> Chris
> ________________________________
> Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 17:18:34 -0800
> ok[http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/...ileys2/02.gif] I will let u know when I have time. not sure when but its prolly going to be awhile....sorry for this I have just been busy all the time.
> Mace
> Chris Pack wrote:
> ummm....just tell me when you have like 2 minutes to spare i guess. I can meet you where ever you want at any time you want to meet it's only going to take like 5 minutes to exchange the snake and the money. It will be in cash so you dont have to worry about a check or anything. all i need is a heads up of where and when to meet up. thanks for your time i will be awaiting your reply.
> Chris

> Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 17:04:09 -080
> ok well I have practice for BBall everynight, school during the day, and games on some nights of the week so Im not sure of a time that will work for me. I am also going to be hunting all of this week. So Im am not sure when will work for me. Thanks and let me know
> Mace
> Chris Pack wrote:
> i'm sorry this is just kind of frustrating right now... this is the second time you've agreed to sell me an animal and backed out of it. I understand that it is your pet and everything but don't list something that you are not willing to sell. i made plans for this snake... i went out and bought a bigger take for my other one along with everything else i needed for the tank (UTH and lamps and hides and everything including the hundred dollar tank. I have the money sitting in my pocket right now, and the set up all warmed up waiting for him to be put in. I mean you say you really need to sell you animals... I guess I just don't understand and have been waiting for your reply for when i can get him.
> Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 15:32:02 -0800
> I really dont think I want to sell him now. But I dont know. He just I guess means alot to me now that I think about it. Let me know. Thanks
> Mace
> Chris Pack wrote:
> I was wondering if we would be able to come pick him up tonight or possibly tomorrow after 4? i'm not sure of your schedule. but i am off now and tomorrow after 4 pm. thanks again
> Chris
> Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 16:44:53 -0800
> oh wow this is hard for me I dont know if I should do this. He is feeding on live "female" mice he wont eat male for some odd reason. Once a week I feed him. There are no papers and he's around 2 feet or maybe 2 1/2. Thanks
> Mace
> Chris Pack wrote:
> sorry for sending so many emails... i just remembered a couple things i wanted to ask u. what is he feeding on? how often do you feed him? around how big is he? is there any papers that come with him or anything from the breeder at all? thanks again for your time.
> Chris
> Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 20:06:51 -0800
> Sorry for the late response. I will take it since I really need to sell of my animals. It was a very hard choice for me though. I will let you know when a good time is for next week as I have BBall and school. Thanks
> Mace
> Chris Pack wrote:
> I have been considering my options and given the weather I do not want to have a snake shipped here. I will give you 200 dollars and would be able to pick up the snake sometime next week. I just need to see when I am not working. Unless you will be making any trips to Eau Claire any time soon. Thanks for your time.
> Chris
> Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 17:17:45 -0800
> I will have to think about it. Thanks
> Mace
> Chris Pack wrote:
> I have been browsing the classifieds and I found male pastels going for around $200 shipped. I'd be willing to do $150-175 with local pick up. Let me know. Thanks again.
> -Chris

Old 12-22-2006, 03:57 AM   #2
fuctcivic
also i would like to point out that we tried making a deal aver a month ago and she said then that he had a possible R.I. then as you can see in my emails, but is now trying to sell him again over a month later. and still hadent seen a vet or taken care of the R.I.

Old 12-22-2006, 04:14 AM   #3
Pink Lady Exotics
Chris, do you know that Macey is 14? I would be dealing with her parents vs. her alone. She did lose 2 ball pythons to RI's, her "pet" and a high-gold male I was going to take off her hands. I had repeatedly told her to change her husbandry (wrong temps, no thermometers or thermostats) but she doesn't exactly have an income to do so and from what I gather, her parents are not willing to support her hobby. She did finally convince them to take her to a reptile vet after I continually brought it up to her, and this "reptile vet" that she saw gave her some kind of liquid or mixture for her to soak the snakes in. I've never heard of that but that's what she said. Obviously it didn't work because they died; her parents wouldn't take her back to the vet when it wasn't working. When the other 2 died, she said that her pastel was fine because she had fixed his husbandry before he ever showed signs. I'm not sure where this possible RI is coming from?

She mentioned all of the above in these 4 threads:

http://ballpython.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3618

http://ballpython.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3567

http://ballpython.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3622

http://ballpython.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3634

I'll contact her to find out what she says and make her aware of this thread, I have her phone number. In any case, I think if anyone is interested in her pastel that they should contact her parents directly.

Old 12-22-2006, 11:00 AM   #4
Rainbowboaman
Maybe you should link this to her ad to say others the headaches

Old 12-22-2006, 12:41 PM   #5
lillyorchid
WOW
Last night I was looking at that snake! Glad I said "I'll pass till 07 babies come around".

Old 12-22-2006, 01:44 PM   #6
fuctcivic
wow jen she tried selling me that high gold back in the day too but then she backed out... i had no idea that she was 14 as it must be her parents fauna account cuz if i remember right it said she was born in like the 70's. i just felt other people should know what shes been doing as i've had nothing but problems with her i i would rather save others the same headache... we went back and forth for over a week trying to get her to meet us somewhere but she kept comming up with different excuses. i hope this thread helps people. i also sent her a email letting her know i was posting this thread.

Old 12-22-2006, 02:01 PM   #7
fuctcivic
also... those links to the R.I. questions she posted where from october... when she was selling the snake to me she mentioned NOTHING about any of her snakes having an R.I. and now after seeing those links i noticed that they where posted a month before i was even going to buy the snake... so she knew about the R.I. over a month before she tried selling it to me and said nothing. its now december and it still hasent been taken care of? i dont know much about the infection but i cant imagine its good for the snake to go months like that... correct me if i'm wrong:P

Old 12-22-2006, 03:36 PM   #8
bcherps
I know it can be frustrating to have deals, where you spent a lot of time emailing/dealing with, never come to fruition.

However, I would consider this a dodged bullet, if you found out it had r.i. BEFORE you got it. If she is backing out then she has to refund your money.

This is scenario is becomming the norm: Guy looking for the cheapest deal he can get, deals with a newbie/unknown dealer, then gets a subpar transaction experience/animal scammer.

A rule of thumb that has helped me out, (especially over the last 4 years when kid sellers has skyrocketed) is this:

The cheapest deal is not always the best deal.

Get your money back, and deal with a true breeder, or a reseller that has a name in the business.

I hope your money turns back up.

ben cole

Old 12-22-2006, 03:52 PM   #9
fuctcivic
there was never a money transaction i just wanted everyone else to be warned about this animal. i was just going to mark it off as getting lucky i didnt get a sick snake as she said she would not be selling it. now i seen that it was reposted and i figured everyone should know what they are potentially getting into. i dont think she was trying to scam me i just feel she is doing something that is not right. the snake should have been taken care of along time ago IMO. she only lives a half hour away if she wanted the snake to live i know someone thats good with ball pythons in my area that would take him in and treat him for his R.I. and get him to a vet A.S.A.P.

Old 12-22-2006, 04:43 PM   #10
Pink Lady Exotics
Chris, Macey means well, but her parents won't drive her to a vet as they've done it once already and spent the money on a treatment that didn't work (although that vet didn't seem to know what he was doing). I don't think the pastel is sick, seeing as her other two died shortly after she realized they were sick and that was months ago -- he'd be dead by now. This one has never showed symptoms as far as I know based on her posts and what she's told me.

This is the e-mail I sent her last night and her reply this morning:

Sent : Friday, December 22, 2006 7:11 AM
To : Jennifer Harrison <jennifer.harrison@hotmail.com>
Subject : Re: Pastel

Well I am getting COMPLETELY out of animals all I have left is the pastel and I want it GONE!!!!!! I have sold the corns, hedgies....everything. I am not sure if he is sick a snake freind of mine said he wasnt so I dont know.
Mace

Jennifer Harrison <jennifer.harrison@hotmail.com> wrote:

Mace, what's going on? Is your pastel sick? If not, why did you back out on the buyer (Chris Pack)? He's now plastering your name all over the BOI for the 2nd time in the last 6 months. You HAVE to start paying attention to what you're doing, you're ruining your reputation. If your pastel is sick, you need to bring him to a reptile vet (a different one) and get him on Baytril injections ASAP. Let me know what's going on...if it comes down to it, send him to me and I'll get him vetted.

~* Jen *~

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!