BAD BAD beardie, go to your cave! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-29-2003, 01:12 AM   #1
CheriS
BAD BAD beardie, go to your cave!

Has anyone had experience in what I would call a bearded dragon temper tantum. I have several dragons, but one of them is very pushy to the others and I have to keep her separate from them, she's not mean or harming to them, just very pushy toward them, like pushing them off the basking area, or spearding herself out so she takes up far more room than normal.

She also acts and does some strange things when she sees us with one of the others, like turning her back on us and refusing to look or when we pick her up then turning her head away and refusing to look at us.

When we leave her alone for the whole day, she is terrible and decorates her tank walls with her poo and water bowl, you can not find any in her tank cause its in feet prints all over the sides. She has done this only three times she has been left alone for the day in 18 months, this is the only times she has been left alone that long.

Just wondered if we were reading more into this than it is or if others have had theirs display things that appear to be them being upset at you?

Old 01-29-2003, 03:03 AM   #2
Uffern
I've found that most lizards will show their annoyance, anger, what have you, by defecating. some are more artistic about it than others. I have one GG female who is completely wild, and every time I have to handle her, promptly upon being returned to her tank, she defecates. I've never had one go finger painting the walls, but my tegu will urinate down his tail while whipping it back an forth if you don't pick him/her up right. I do also have a couple that are sharp shooters when it comes to defecating in their food/water bowls. That always makes my day.

Old 02-22-2003, 10:00 PM   #3
hanoverherps
Smarter than we think...

I think these are the things that make them so great!! It amazes me sometimes on how smart they really are. The personalities they have are awesome too. Several of our breeder/pets are so cool because of the personalities they have and the things they do. We have a yellow male that acrually scratches at his glass door to get out when I walk into the room. As soon as the door is opened, boom, right up my leg and onto my shoulder. He get's right in my face and bobs his head and stomps his foot, it's great! A real wiseguy! If I don't get him out right away, he sometimes goes nuts. He runs about his enclosure, knocking things around, spilling his water, trampling on the others. He's a nut, but a cool one!
Are'nt beardies great!!!

Bob

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!