Surely this isn't right ? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-10-2016, 08:27 PM   #1
enoughbubbles456
Surely this isn't right ?

I've never owned a chameleon and I don't intend to anytime soon, but I feel so sorry for this little "girl"..

I'm not an expert, but I have read into chameleon care sheets and I know this is probably the worst setup they could of possibly bought for a chameleon!

There is no vines/branches for it to climb on(in the picture it looks like she's trying to find something to grab on to), no water bowl (just incase it isn't getting enough water, which is probably right).. I'm pretty sure they need misting systems?, no coverage/decorations, I bet she feels really exposed! And it's probably on a poor diet too.

If I had the money, I'd rescue alot of these mistreated/and or not being looked after properly animals😔
She's being advertised for £150, seriously, I don't know why the poorly cared animals are the ones that are highly priced? Beats me.

Here is the pictures that are on the site:

I don't know if I'm allowed to keep posting things like this(sorry in advanced), but I absolutely HATE seeing animals being kept in the wrong conditions, I mean really, they should read into an animals care before buying them on a whim.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Old 10-12-2016, 10:40 PM   #2
LauraB
No, that is definitely NOT a suitable cham habitat, and I have no doubt that poor stressed animal will be dead soon. Looks like a horribly stressed Veiled. What site are those pics posted on?

Old 10-12-2016, 11:21 PM   #3
ShawneeAlice
I feel physically uncomfortable looking at that picture. Is there anyway you can contact them and tell them how inappropriate that is?

Old 10-13-2016, 10:38 AM   #4
enoughbubbles456
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
No, that is definitely NOT a suitable cham habitat, and I have no doubt that poor stressed animal will be dead soon. Looks like a horribly stressed Veiled. What site are those pics posted on?
That's what I thought, such a shame.

The site is called Gumtree.

Old 10-13-2016, 10:41 AM   #5
enoughbubbles456
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawneeAlice View Post
I feel physically uncomfortable looking at that picture. Is there anyway you can contact them and tell them how inappropriate that is?
I could contact them, but most people are ignorant and don't care what anyone else thinks.

I think they know that the chameleon is suffering, that's probably why they're selling it. I could be wrong, but hopefully they give her to a rescue centre urgently.

Old 10-27-2016, 03:13 PM   #6
josabby
That definitely looks more like a beardie or Tegu set up ans if it's a Montane species, the bulb is probably too intense and there isn't enough ventilation in the set up. I've seen chain pet stores doing similar things to chameleons

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!