100% double Het only $40???? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-17-2007, 12:40 PM   #1
bullfrog100000
100% double Het only $40????

I'll try to make a long story short...

Ok, I was at the KC show this weekend. A kid down the street was there, he's 18. He has asked our advice on housing, feeding, what to get etc. We've given him advice and he wanted us to go supply shopping with him, but he blew that off. Anyway he also gets "advice" from two other kids who have snakes. These two are the kids who keep an anaconda, 2 bp's and an African Rock python in the same tank, plus sends out an animal for a trade to someone he doesn't know, hasn't checked out, etc. and never gets the animal he traded for delivered.
Anyway... he was going to go with us originally to the show, chose not to and went with his friends who are now supposedly going to breed bp's. We saw him and asked if he got anything and he got a... get this now...
100% het albino & 100% genetic stripe for $40. Uh... sure ok. I doubt even a 50/50% would go for that cheap. I told him if it's a double 100% animal he needed to go back to who sold it to him and ask for paperwork. I doubt he did. I'm sure the seller saw this kid coming, but why even bs that it's a fancy double het snake, just sell the kid a 100% albino for $100... the kid would have been just as happy... or even a pastel. It's his first snake and both those would have been fine breeding possibilities.

My question is this... what should that animal go for (can't remember if male or female)? For a double 100% het isn't that a lot of breeding gymnastics... I can't even do that in my head at all. If it's a 50% double het, how much would that go for? I just know this kid got taken and I hate to think he's going to be like his buddies and when they get tired of something get rid of it. Oh... btw the friend bought a retic... I'm sure it will get along with the rest just fine.

Old 09-20-2007, 04:59 PM   #2
FireStorm
100% Het. G-Stripe males are selling for about $250 and I think females are more like $900. I haven't seen any double hets for sale, but I bet they're significantly more. There's no way he got one for $40. The only good thing is he didn't get taken for more money, although I have no idea why someone would lie over $40. That's pretty ridiculous.

As for the genetics, you would breed an Albino to a Genetic Stripe to get 100% double hets. Then if you bred the double hets together each egg would have a 1/16 chance of being an Albino Genetic Stripe. I'm pretty sure someone has produced them. I just can't think of who it was at the moment.

Hope this helps,
Shelly

Old 09-20-2007, 07:10 PM   #3
BalloonzForU
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStorm
I'm pretty sure someone has produced them. I just can't think of who it was at the moment.

Ralph Davis has produced them and they are sweet!!!

Old 09-22-2007, 02:27 PM   #4
bullfrog100000
Firestorm... yeah, I was figuring he got taken. I didn't know why either though.

Gotta say that is a Great looking snake.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!