Bad Guy Beware of Jerry Kruse - Page 35 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:09 PM   #341
JerryKruse
Thank you for the positivity Mr. Tard....much appreciated. =)

Old 03-04-2012, 10:37 PM   #342
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Schofield View Post
Webster's definiton of EVIDENCE-"A thing or things helpful in forming a conclusion or judgment"

Webster's definition of RHETORIC- "Language that is elaborate, pretentious, insincere, or intellectually vacuous".

I am all for evidence, not so much the other because it takes the focus away from the subject at hand. And I'd be much more on point about this, a quote from YOU "That they wind up virtually fighting for their own reputation because of attacks made on their own character because of their statements made either for or against someone on the BOI."

Does this sound familiar? Please can we make sure this doesnt happen? Thanks! Jeff
Seems to me that is what you are doing here.
-------------------
Matthew Petza, how long have you had the snakes? I am curious if you got yours around the same time that Stu got his.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:27 PM   #343
jlassiter
Okay...I have to post something...

There is not much known about Zonata disease. It is a known fact that some wild zonata have been found exhibiting the "symptoms" but not much else is known other than what some have seen in their snake rooms......

I have heard of a select few animals initially showing signs of what was thought to be zonata disease reverse all symptoms and become "normal" again. I have many untested theories and hypothetical thoughts as to what happens to a zonata causing such symptoms and eventual demise, but I will leave those to the zonata nazis to figure out. My only input here is the fact that low humidity seems to be a common 'root cause.' Maybe during the early signs it is reversible and obviously there is a point of no return as well...irreversible damage?

BTW I take no sides on this as the zonata disease is still such a mystery to everyone.

Here's a thought interesting enough to finally make my post here:

Isn't there are chance that non zonatas could carry this "disease" and not exhibit the symptoms? If so, then couldn't they could infect zonatas if near them.

I am not saying this is what happened to Stu's animals but with so little known about the disease why would everyone jump to the conclusion that Jerry's animals are all infected and will all soon die? Are you all Sheeple?

Old 03-04-2012, 11:46 PM   #344
JerryKruse
Thanks very much John......interesting point. So many variables, and what's scary is that (as said in Juarassic Park which I'd always remembered) "nature finds a way". This is why I never think is absolute terms -- ANYTHING is possible despite what we humans "think" we ultimately know. How are your hypo-e agalma doing? I hope they are well and produce some killer babies for ya John.

Jerry

Old 03-04-2012, 11:49 PM   #345
JerryKruse
Melissa,

if I may take the liberty of answering that question for Matt, he picked up his snakes from me personally about a week or so before I'd sent Stu his animals. =)

Jerry

Old 03-04-2012, 11:51 PM   #346
jlassiter
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryKruse View Post
Thanks very much John......interesting point. So many variables, and what's scary is that (as said in Juarassic Park which I'd always remembered) "nature finds a way". This is why I never think is absolute terms -- ANYTHING is possible despite what we humans "think" we ultimately know. How are your hypo-e agalma doing? I hope they are well and produce some killer babies for ya John.

Jerry
I now have 7 zonata and not a one show signs of "the disease."
1.1 are the Agalma from you and will take f/t mice from my hands...
Very healthy animals, but all my animals are because I would like to think I provide optimal husbandry...'patting myself on the back.'

Again, I am not taking sides as there isn't enough known about the disease to make such hasty accusations one way or the other...
And I have no idea as to how Stu is keeping those animals. He could be providing for them perfectly...

Old 03-04-2012, 11:57 PM   #347
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Schofield View Post
Webster's definiton of EVIDENCE-"A thing or things helpful in forming a conclusion or judgment"

Webster's definition of RHETORIC- "Language that is elaborate, pretentious, insincere, or intellectually vacuous".

I am all for evidence, not so much the other because it takes the focus away from the subject at hand. And I'd be much more on point about this, a quote from YOU "That they wind up virtually fighting for their own reputation because of attacks made on their own character because of their statements made either for or against someone on the BOI."

Does this sound familiar? Please can we make sure this doesnt happen? Thanks! Jeff
Warning: This one is a freebie, Jeff, since you were replying to my own post. And further discussion about how this site is run and what is posted in the BOI, outside of the Feedback Forum, will get you an infraction for OFF TOPIC POSTING. And yes this DOES apply to YOU.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:21 AM   #348
Show Me
Jerry,
So is Stu sending the snakes back to you? If so is he getting replacements or a refund? Are you going to be quarantining your collection? I know that not much is known about Zonata disease but if I were in your shoes I won't let anything leave my collection for a minimum of six months from the last symptoms because I won't want to risk anyones collection. I realize it might not be Zonata disease but the snakes are exhibiting the symptoms so far.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:32 AM   #349
Show Me
Oh and by the way I would also recommend that Stu quarantines his collection now as well unless they were located in a different location with no cross contamination.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:36 AM   #350
DISCERN
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlassiter View Post
Okay...I have to post something...

There is not much known about Zonata disease. It is a known fact that some wild zonata have been found exhibiting the "symptoms" but not much else is known other than what some have seen in their snake rooms......

I have heard of a select few animals initially showing signs of what was thought to be zonata disease reverse all symptoms and become "normal" again. I have many untested theories and hypothetical thoughts as to what happens to a zonata causing such symptoms and eventual demise, but I will leave those to the zonata nazis to figure out. My only input here is the fact that low humidity seems to be a common 'root cause.' Maybe during the early signs it is reversible and obviously there is a point of no return as well...irreversible damage?

BTW I take no sides on this as the zonata disease is still such a mystery to everyone.

Here's a thought interesting enough to finally make my post here:

Isn't there are chance that non zonatas could carry this "disease" and not exhibit the symptoms? If so, then couldn't they could infect zonatas if near them.

I am not saying this is what happened to Stu's animals but with so little known about the disease why would everyone jump to the conclusion that Jerry's animals are all infected and will all soon die? Are you all Sheeple?
Exactly John!! Your last two sentences echo the fact that facts are not being focused on with those who wanna drag this thread, on and on, and on, and on....

Good post my friend!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!