Inquiry Robert Bruce / Eastern Indigo's - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-16-2009, 06:09 PM   #1
lillyorchid
Robert Bruce / Eastern Indigo's

I'm looking to get a Eastern Indigo snake. I saw Robert Bruce had some listed on KS. Has anyone done business with him? So far I've seen positive things on him and he seems like a very nice legit breeder but, just double checking.

Thanks in advance!

Old 10-20-2009, 10:46 PM   #2
lillyorchid
Anyone?

Old 07-25-2012, 07:03 PM   #3
MarkBurnett
I had a male Indigo from him, and he was more then a perfect animal. Unfortunately he was a male. Personally I love Seth's snakes more.

Old 09-24-2014, 06:11 PM   #4
sbabysnakes
I bought a female from Bruce several years ago, female. It thought it was a cobra! Meanest Indigo I've ever met. Got rid of it because of it's attitude. I'm afraid it could be inherited. Anyone know? S.

Old 09-24-2014, 07:35 PM   #5
brosborough
I purchased an eastern male red throat from Robert last year. I think it arrived around maybe October? New hatchling that he kept to make sure it was taking F/T. No complaints from me. The snake is healthy as can be so far. A good eater. I have emailed Robert since purchase, takes him a day or three but has always responded fully. Still helpful as ever.

Shipping methods are great. The box I received was better than expected. And I was the unfortunate receipent of airline screwups. They lost the snake in Atlanta. I contacted Robert and he was on it in a flash. I received constant updates from him. Even phone calls. Snake was found a day later and I got it that night I think. Once the snake arrived it looked great. As if it had shipped out that same day. So I have to give all that to his packaging. Wasn't below freezing in October but it was cold at night and we had no idea where the snake was till the next day.

Snake is still doing great. About the only problem I had was getting him to use the moist hide box to help with sheds. Maybe dumb luck and trial by error but figured out what to change and it's been perfect since then.

He is friendly as can be and definately enjoys being held. Don't know about him actually recognizing his owner but he is anything but mean. Anyone can hold him and he is still very young. I would imagine that will stay right along with him through adulthood. At least I hope so.

Brian Rosborough

Old 03-27-2015, 12:50 PM   #6
isoglut
I have one male and one female from Robert Bruce. Both 2011 - Female is a sweetheart (black phase) male bites me (makes a few attempts) every time I hold him.

Old 03-27-2015, 12:52 PM   #7
isoglut
I am told aggression is very rare for eastern indigo. I fed my male until he refuses food. Bastard tries to bite me. He bites innate objects for no reason. He is beautiful!

Old 03-27-2015, 04:10 PM   #8
rhacadank
Robert Bruce a great guy. HIs heart is in his Indigos. I always see him at the Reptile Super Show in Pomona and has some beautiful Indigos. If I were to buy an Indigo, I would go straight to Mr. Bruce. He is nice and well educated on his species. I know he has bred them for decades.

Old 03-27-2015, 06:03 PM   #9
englishaussie
I bought several Indigos from Robert & spent many thousands of $$$$$$$, had very disappointing results. one female was stunted & died suddenly at four years old, she also had split belly scales, another male had bad scales. One female died egg bound, the rest i traded out. Maybe i was very unlucky, Robert is a nice guy but i will never buy from him again. There are a LOT of in bred Indigos in the hobby, be very careful what you buy as most if not all in the US are related. Alan Brutosky would be my go to guy for any Dry`s.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:44 PM   #10
gottabsleeved
Alan has the most diverse blood easterns you can find!Instead of inbreeding a already inbreed species for things like more red,he has worked hard to get them with out inbreed defects.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!