New York state law issues - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > USA State Specific Issues

Notices

USA State Specific Issues Issues that are specific to a particular state, or subregion within a state, should be appended to the existing relevant thread. NEW threads cannot be created in this forum.

Old 07-02-2004, 06:30 AM   #51
bcfos
Someone has mail now. And for the record I was nice and polite about it.

Old 07-02-2004, 10:55 AM   #52
Classic Dum's
Does anyone want to help get a national society or soemthing to that effect up and going I am not looking to really create another herp society. Heres the probems I see with the reptile community, communication among the herp societies, buisnesses and show promoters. Those are the people that have the memeber bases and mailing lists to repond to issues such as this NY ordeal rapidly. Last year we got lucky and stopped Chicago that was because all of you jumped in and did your part for all of us, NY is still in limbo. What we would need to do is get a herp society or show promoter from each state to gives us one volenteer for each state. When laws come down the line we then pass it on to each "liason" for that state who in turn passes the info to each herp society, reptile show and any large buisnesses willing to get involved. They then pass it on and get the member/customer bases active, writing calling etc. etc. I know everyone says there is power in organized numbers but there is also power in individual numbers. Politicians pay attention to organized lobbying groups but they also pay attention to strong responces from large numbers of individuals, those individuals make up the bulk of their voter base. When they get 1500, 2000, 3000 letters from "dissorganized" individuals voicing similar opnions on a certain issue it shows them that issue is not a popular one. Ive already bought www.reptilenation.org and over the next few weeks will get the site up and going. Im not looking to step on the toies of PIJAC or anyone else I spoke with Marshal Myers from PIJAC last year about this and he agrees its a good idea. PIJAC only has so much money and so much time they cant fight every battle. But the thing is I need help. I cant do it all. I posted about this last year and only a couple people wanted to help. Sorry I dont have any money to pay anyone this is volenteer work for better of the community as a whole. What I will need now is some people who are will to contact herp societies, show promoters etc to let them know we are getting this thing up and going and see if they can provide a someone to be the "liason" for that state. Drop me an email or post here if you got some extra time and are willing to help thanks

Old 07-02-2004, 11:38 AM   #53
Zoo Supply
Jason

Give me a call tomorrow during the day Jason...
(352)817-0357
Tom Snyder

Old 07-02-2004, 12:52 PM   #54
RobY
New York reptile ban

There is some new info if you look up that bill. They will let you keep what you have at a application fee of not more than $80.00 per animal per year. The only thing you are allowed to do with them is take them to the vet. Othewise they are not allowed in public. You cannot breed them. Basicly let them live out their lives at a very expensive permit fee. I have 14 animals that is $1120.00 per year for animals that I cant even sell.
Would anyone be interested in going to Albany and raise hell?

Old 07-02-2004, 02:17 PM   #55
hill4803
The email to the gov.

is there any way to attach photos? I have some pics of my students holding my various snakes & such, including my nearly 9' female boa. I am bothered that he would sign a bill making it illegal to have school presentations! I would like to send an email, does anyone know how I could put the pics in the email?

Ro Hill

Old 07-02-2004, 02:25 PM   #56
Mickey_TLK
Ro

I believe you can do it like this

[IMG] the address of the photo [IMG]

That means you will have to upload the picture to a web site to get the url (if you need me to I can post it on my page for this purpose)

Not positive that would work, but it should.

Sorry I havent returned on the gold dust, cant find any guaranteed girls (I suck at sexing geckos and my buddy has been too busy)

Old 07-02-2004, 02:28 PM   #57
hill4803
Thanks Mickey!

I thought that might work, I loaded them up on photobucket. I am in no big hurry on the geckos, I also wanted to add some crested geckos to that order when you get the time, let me know. I know you have a ton of shows & the new store ...

Ro Hill

Old 07-02-2004, 06:10 PM   #58
Gary O
You get your site up bro and you will have 100% free advertisement on TRR. Email or PM me the banner and I will get that up also.

I will get something up for the NY thing also. Standing together is what it is about.

If I can help you in anyway let me know

gary@thereptileroom.org

Old 07-02-2004, 11:00 PM   #59
sputnik
Nmber to Cll

To oppose NY state wide wild animal ban

Call 518 474 8390

Give them this bill # A02 684

Tell them you are opposed, they will ask for your zip code and your done.

Old 07-03-2004, 06:54 PM   #60
doctorkeyser
I called Glades Herp and the guy who picked up the phone said "I don't get involved in stuff like this" and actually sounded offended that I would ask him.

I will give him this much, though...it was my mistake to call him. That company has gone down the toilet ever since the Loves backed out. MacInnes is a shoemaker.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!