Forum For Lacerta Keepers - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > New or Updated Websites and Web Resources

Notices

New or Updated Websites and Web Resources General notices about a new website or a newly found one worthy of note. You can introduce your new website here as well.

Old 11-09-2010, 11:56 AM   #1
Ameivaboy
Forum For Lacerta Keepers

Hi All,

I recently made a forum for Lacerta Keepers. There's members from the US,Europe and even Russia. If you're interested in lacertas have look.

http://LacertaUSA.com

Cheers!

Old 11-09-2010, 12:28 PM   #2
kellysballs
That is a very cool lizard. What is the name?

Old 11-09-2010, 12:29 PM   #3
JordanAng420
Hi Kevin,

Your site looks great and i'm sure you've spent a lot of time on it. It's well put-together. However, if I was the owner of this site, I might be a little put off by another member advertising their own forums on my forums...especially having the link in my signature.

You might want to try using one of the social networking sites, and advertising there, or if you have animals for sale, you can advertise via PM with your customers.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems a bit rude.

No offense or anything, I think your site looks great. I just think you could advertise in more appropriate places.

Old 11-10-2010, 11:46 AM   #4
Ameivaboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellysballs View Post
That is a very cool lizard. What is the name?

Jeweled lacerta

Old 11-10-2010, 11:56 AM   #5
Ameivaboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanAng420 View Post
Hi Kevin,

Your site looks great and i'm sure you've spent a lot of time on it. It's well put-together. However, if I was the owner of this site, I might be a little put off by another member advertising their own forums on my forums...especially having the link in my signature.

You might want to try using one of the social networking sites, and advertising there, or if you have animals for sale, you can advertise via PM with your customers.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems a bit rude.

No offense or anything, I think your site looks great. I just think you could advertise in more appropriate places.

Hi, I didnt think of it that way. In the header of this forum it states

Quote:
New or Updated Websites and Web Resources General notices about a new website or a newly found one worthy of note. You can introduce your new website here as well.
I figured it was fair game. Especially since lacerta keepers (especially in the US) are so few and far between it's not like I'm stealing members away.
Maybe if it were ball python or leopard gecko forum where everyone and their mom keeps them I could understand but If Rich feels this is stepping on his toes he's free to delete it and ask me to change my signature.

Being this is the only lacerta forum (in English) I feel it's worthy of note.

I'm sorry if you view my posting my forum as rude, but I have to disagree as i feel i am within the limits of this forum.

I've even considered sponsoring the "other lizard" classifieds and forums of this site.

I do appreciate your input though.

Best regards,
Kevin Luzzi

Old 11-10-2010, 12:04 PM   #6
Ameivaboy
Just one more note - this is copied in from the Sticky in this forum labeled "what this forum is for"

Quote:
There seems to be some confusion lately as to what this particular forum is for. It is for posting general updates to websites, new websites found and such. I suggest everyone re-read the description of this forum. What it is NOT for is, "hey, I just updated my availability page, please come check it out." There is a classifieds section here for advertising animals for sale. These types of posts will be deleted on sight and the poster may be assesed warning points for inappropriate advertising.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:19 PM   #7
WebSlave
No, I don't mind.... I just ask that anyone advertising their site in this manner just not get TOO gung-ho about it and get wearisome to the other members. I've actually had people using the private message function to try to send messages out to as many people as they could. THAT is going a bit overboard, in my opinion.

I also don't have an issue with the signature area being utilized in this manner. But keep it tasteful, and not a burden on people here trying to read the actual messages you are posting.

Good luck with your forum.

Old 12-22-2010, 05:18 PM   #8
Ameivaboy
Hi Rich,

Thanks for allowing this to remain and allowing the use of my link in my signature - I had removed it because a moderator had asked me too. Your input here is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Kevin

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!