grey band opinions - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-21-2011, 11:11 PM   #1
Ntyvirus
grey band opinions

I haven't gotten a picture of her yet but a little while ago I got a female alterna phase from an unknown breeder(wish I could remember the breeders name but it escapes me)and I have yet to see another example of her pattern whether it be online or at local expos. She has absolutely no red in her bands at all and her greys are perfectly clean with no speckles or anything. All of that explanation to simply ask, which is more preferable among keepers, the classic blairs phase or the alternas. Ill try to snag a camera soon to get some pics up.

Old 05-27-2011, 01:15 PM   #2
D. Mong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntyvirus View Post
I haven't gotten a picture of her yet but a little while ago I got a female alterna phase from an unknown breeder(wish I could remember the breeders name but it escapes me)and I have yet to see another example of her pattern whether it be online or at local expos. She has absolutely no red in her bands at all and her greys are perfectly clean with no speckles or anything. All of that explanation to simply ask, which is more preferable among keepers, the classic blairs phase or the alternas. Ill try to snag a camera soon to get some pics up.
Well, there are many keepers that enjoy and greatly appreciate both types, and also intermediate phenotypes(visual looks) as well. Sounds like you have a nice, clean alterna phase there. Some pics would be great when you get a chance!

~Doug

Old 07-02-2011, 09:04 AM   #3
a153fish
Does it look like this?

I love the Blair phase the most, but this is Alterna phase (Hwy 227) is one of my favorite snakes in my entire collection.

This is an older picture.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:09 AM   #4
a153fish
Does it look like this?

I love the Blair phase the most, but this is Alterna phase (Hwy 227) is one of my favorite snakes in my entire collection.

This is an older picture.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:53 PM   #5
Ntyvirus
where your snake has red my girl has black, same sized bands but no red. I really need to hurry up and get a camera

Old 08-31-2011, 08:10 PM   #6
WJS Herps
I like 'em all. Blair's, speckled, alterna phase, gray, black, buckskin you name it. My collection has a little of everything. This East of Sanderson is one of my favorites, and she bred for me the first time this year:

This Christmas mtns. female was also a big favorite until she died on me suddenly:

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!