Incubator I made today - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 07-18-2005, 02:03 AM   #31
hhmoore
A good PROPORTIONAL thermostat is a must with one of these. I made one for my eggs this spring and it worked great. Now I need to make something bigger in anticipation of next season, since I'm hoping for eggs from 3-5X as many females...maybe another cooler in addition to whatever else I try. One hint - keep the thermostat probe on the outside of the egg containers if you are opening the cooler semiregularly (I opened it every 1-2 days to circulate air, since I didn't have a suitable fan)...that will reduce/prevent temperature spikes when it is heating back up.

Old 07-24-2005, 09:44 AM   #32
romad119
Great design. Awesome to see that others have ran with it.

Old 03-20-2006, 10:11 PM   #33
yazookadaj
Hi How You Doing I'm Looking For Incubators For My Gtp Projects Do You Sell Them And How Much Let Me Get Your Number If You Do Sell Them

Old 03-24-2006, 07:47 PM   #34
SJReptiles
Cooler incubators are great, right up until you open them to check on the eggs. In a matter of seconds, the temps inside will take a dramatic swing downwards. Only way I would ever uise one of those is on it's side. I have yet to see someone doing it that way, though.

Old 03-24-2006, 10:00 PM   #35
hhmoore
that's why you have the water bottles on the bottom - the added thermal mass does alot to stabilize temperatures. When I used mine (in a 70 degree room), I opened it every other day to circulate air - with temp loss of less than 2 degrees. The most I ever experienced was 5 degrees, when I was rearranging/adding boxes, and that was very short lived.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!