Herp Enclosures BUYER BEWARE!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:30 PM   #1
bigwill0630
Angry Herp Enclosures BUYER BEWARE!!!!

I got a problem. I purchased some Racks from Richard @ Herp Enclosures. Sent him a cashiers check and after he got the money HE NEVER SHIPPED THE RACKS. After a certified letter tons of calls and emails and 3 months still no racks BUYER BEWARE!!!!

Old 07-02-2008, 09:50 PM   #2
MDC_Ophiuchus
Hmm...I was considering buying some hatchling racks from him. Now I guess I'll reconsider...

Has anyone informed him of this thread so he can give his side?

Old 07-02-2008, 11:40 PM   #3
Mr. Constrictor
I think theres already a bad thread or 2 on here about them. Shoulda looked first.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:02 AM   #4
NathanLedet
I posted this on another forum, may as well post here as well.

I ordered a rack from Rich about 2 years ago. They were shipped in a timely manner, and I was able to call and talk with Rich at any time about any question I had. Customer service was great, and I recommended him to everyone.

The rack came and to this day, it's as solid as the day it came in...no warping, no damage or anything like that in transit. It's a great rack, and I wish i could still recommend Herp Enclosures, but I cannot.

I believe it's another case of MGReptiles...in the beginning, all is well and a good business is out there. Trusted, respected, and plenty of good feedback. But as time goes on, customer service starts lacking, shipments start getting late, shipments start not showing up, etc. etc....it's a downward spiral, I'm afraid...

I don't know what has happened to Rich...maybe it's something personal going on in his life? maybe he just doesn't have time for his business any more? I don't know.

Whatever it is Rich, I hope things turn around for you, and I hope you make this right for your customer. I've been seeing a lot of these threads pop up and as long as they're popping up, I'm shopping elsewhere.

Old 07-03-2008, 06:26 AM   #5
snakewrangler
I responded on one of the first threads on Herpenclosures, but have passed on the more recent ones. My experience is the same as Nathan's. I ordered two ball python racks from Rich about two years ago. I can't speak for shipping because I picked both of them up at different Hamburg shows, but at the time, they were priced right and solidly built. I saw Rich at a lot of east coast shows and he was always friendly and willing to answer questions.

At the beginning, it looked like Rich was going to be a reliable supplier of racks and cages. Then I started hearing stories about how his CNC machinery and router broke down or there was a problem with his voicemail-box.

I guess something happened in his personal life. I know quite a few people who were interested in his product, including myself. I'm still happy with the racks though. They have survived a couple of moves and a lot of shifting around in the herp room.

The whole thing is kind of a bummer. I was looking forward to having a good rack/cage supplier here in VA.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:54 AM   #6
The BoidSmith
Everyone can have problems with their personal life, but it's when you keep taking money and can't deliver what's owed when "other" problems pile-up.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:19 PM   #7
KJUN
Does anyone else have his mailing address. It's about time he got another certified letter, but his address has been removed (?) from his website.

All that is there is a cell phone (?) that won't take messages and never gets answered. he doesn't reply to emails, and the shopping cart on his website no longer works. Bankruptcy??? I don't know, but has anyone even seen him at a recent show lately?

KJ Lodrigue, Jr.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:22 PM   #8
hhmoore
I was at Hamburg in June, and he wasn't there. (I don't think he was there in Dec 07, either)

Old 07-04-2008, 10:07 AM   #9
snakewrangler
Ed Clark still lists Herpenclosures products for sale on KS. Has anyone asked him where Rich might be?

Old 07-04-2008, 10:46 AM   #10
hhmoore
I almost suggested that - I thought I remembered Ed saying he was distributing for Herp Enclosures, but I wasnt sure...and I think he has only advertised the same 3 products since he started. He might be able to offer some contact info, if nothing else.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!