Let's rate the best plastic cages on the market... - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

View Poll Results: Who makes better Plastic Cages???
BARRS 18 9.94%
Boaphile Plastics 47 25.97%
Vision 44 24.31%
Other 72 39.78%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-21-2005, 09:44 PM   #21
bigcountry
scott,

how are the barrs on material thickness? i need some cages for my bloods, and have heard that the barr's are pretty thin.

Thanks'

Old 02-22-2005, 12:19 PM   #22
Scott Nellis
Barrs cage thickness

For Bigcountry.......I just measured my cages. The 24"x12"x12" cages are made with 1/8 inch plastic on the sides, top, and bottom, but the front is 7/16 inch plastic to accommodate the recessed door. I think that this thickness is appropriate for the size of the cage. Obviously for blood pythons, you'd want a bigger cage. I'm not certain, but my guess would be that Doug Barr would use a thicker plastic for the bigger cages. Otherwise, the cage would be too flimsy. As for the plastic....I'm not sure exactly what it is, but it's tough!! UPS tried to damage a few of them (holes in the box where it was dropped in shipping), but the plastic edge just dented slightly....instead of cracking!! I'm sold on them!! Oh, as for customer service, Doug is FANTASTIC!! UPS lost 1 of the 24 cages I ordered and after the 10 day waiting period for tracing (they never found it), Doug called ME to say that he'll ship out a replacement cage the next day!!! Now THAT'S service!!

Scott Nellis :scatter:

Old 02-22-2005, 12:24 PM   #23
Scott Nellis
Oops...

Oops, I made a typo in my previous post. The front of my Barrs cages is 7/32 inches thick (almost a 1/4 inch)...NOT 7/16 inches. Sorry about that.

Scott Nellis :scatter:

Old 04-21-2005, 08:12 PM   #24
V.F.T.
I went with other.
I tried ordering from Boaphile in MN, thought it would be nice to order locally, but I never received a response to any of my (5) emails so I ended up ordering from Natures Spirit instead and I am glad I did. As far as I am concerned http://www.nsreptiles.com/ has the best customer service hands down

Old 06-14-2005, 11:26 PM   #25
snakeman56
Just Got My All Plastic Rack!!!!!!

I just finished putting together my Iris 375 10 shelve rack. I am amazed how well built the rack is. I also got an Iris 330 10 shelve that holds 30 shoe boxes, for my hopefully new baby hondos. I got it with indirect belly heat and I like it better than flex watt tape. It was easy to assembly and it's very solid. I will for sure be getting more in the future. I have not tried any other and the customer service is superb. I was supposed to receive them tomorrow but they arrived today. I got them like they said in 3 weeks. I really like the Iris containers they are so clear compared to Sterlite and Rubbermaid.

Thanks All Plastic.!!!!

Tom
-----
Thomas Sierra
1.1 Irian Jaya
1.1 Ball Pythons Het For Albino
Alb Honduran 3.3
Hypo Honduran 2.2
Anery Hondo 3.7
Tangerine Alb Hondo 1.0
DH Snow Hondo 2.0
Het Tang Alb Hondo 2.2
Het Pin Stripe 0.1

Old 06-15-2005, 08:56 AM   #26
Cat_72
I recently oredered my first cages from Boaphile....I just liked the look of them for the price. I've heard a few folks have had customer service trouble with them, but I've had great luck.....a couple days after I placed the order, I realized that I had screwed up what I ordered. I emailed them at 3 am, and explained to them what I had done, and could it still be changed.....if not, I would deal with it. I got an email back by 10 am the same day, stating it was no problem, they had already changed it for me.....and that I had now overpaid....how did I want my refund (and gave me several options). I emailed them that evening, saying Paypal was fine....and the overpaid money was back in my Paypal account the next morning. I was impressed.

I know I'll have to wait a bit to get them....but since I'm not in a big hurry, that wasn't an issue. Looking forward to getting my ball pythons and some corns in them.....

Old 06-18-2005, 03:45 PM   #27
Luis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Nellis
I just recieved 24 of the 24"x12"x12" Barrs cages Thursday. I ordered them the previous Wednesday, so that's only an 8 day wait!! They arrived well packed and look fantastic!! The fit and finish is excellent and the price can't be beat!! (I don't know how Doug Barr makes a profit...lol) I looked at Boaphile and Precision cages, but they were too expensive for the quantity I wanted. Plus, Precision caging didn't look as nice....the door merely overlaps the front opening, whereas in the Barrs cage, the door is routed into a recess in the opening making the front look smooth and more finished. I also liked the raised floor so that you can put a heat mat (or tape) outside underneath. For cages, I'm sticking with Barrs, but for racks, I might go with Animal plastics. Just my opinion...

Scott Nellis
I wish I would have read this post before I ordered my precision its been a month since guy said he was going to send it and still nothing and my emails go unanswered.
In another week going to contact post office since I used money order and do what I have to do. I might wind up ordering Barrs they do look nice but precision cages same size are 20 inches wide Barrs I think are 12?
Luis

Old 07-24-2005, 10:58 AM   #28
Cat_72
I've had my Boaphile cages in use for about a week now...they arrived superbly packed, (enough bubble wrap to keep the kids occupied for a week, lol) and I absolutely LOVE them! The craftsmanship is outstanding, and they seem to hold the heat and humidity very well, as well as being aesthetically pleasing.

Only problem with them is.....uh, I already have them filled and may have to go out and buy more now. D'OH!!!

Old 08-02-2005, 01:33 AM   #29
jaamkrell
Boaphile

I have seen Animal Plastics at several shows and was very impressed by them. AP was my first choice but my wife talked me into Boaphile Plastics.

When it came time to order some we went with Boaphile for several reasons. #1) Fire safety.
#2) The price included the tubs and shipping.
#3) They are shipped assembled.
AP would have cost much more and then I would have to find the tubs to fit and buys those too.

The communication was great. I am very impressed with the quality and overall customer service. I plan on buying a second rack system buy the end of the year from them.

Old 08-02-2005, 02:22 AM   #30
Luis
I finally got my precision cage after 2 months. The cage is very nice and looks great plus well made but the customer service was terrible.
Emails went unanswered and no sign of life from the co. I was suprised to have gotten it considering he never got back to me when I asked NICELY when it would be sent. I was infact going to post office that week to look into charges since I had sent money order for it.
The cage is very nice but horrible customer service for me anyway.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!