Bad Guy BUDDY YOUNG TALKS THE TALK BUT FAILS TO DELIVER! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-11-2009, 09:11 AM   #1
VFR!
BUDDY YOUNG TALKS THE TALK BUT FAILS TO DELIVER!

This is in regards to Buddy Young who has to be the worst person I have ever dealt with. Over the years I had read numerous incidents on the BOI over incidents but never thought it would happen to me. I was first contacted by Buddy Young in November of 2008. He offered some bearded dragons in trade for some boas I had up for sale/trade. On November 28, 2008 he told me that he was working on a breeding between a Hotley and Sharp Sunglow and that maybe we could work out a deal for one of the offspring. The second week of December we had come to the following agreement. Copied and pasted from actual email –

#1 (all emails # and in bold)
Female 35 listed at $300
Male 38 listed at $400
Male 24 listed at $175
Female 25 listed at $175
Male 29 listed at $175
Male 39 listed at $650
Male 36 listed at $1000
Female 08 listed at $1000
Male 13 listed at $300

Total listed price is $4175 plus I promised you a baby from my sharp sunglow female and mine and your jungle, so if things go good I'll be sending you a Jungle het. Sharp.

So for all the boas mentioned above, you will send me Iggy the Jungle boa and a Motley het Sharp if you should produce one litter from the Hotley het. sharp to sharp sunglow breeding or a Salmon motley het. sharp if you should produce two litters from a Hotley to two sharp sunglows. What I do want to do is work on a back up plan, just in case the Hotley does not produce. I lent Howard a jungle male to put with a sharp sunglow last season and nothing happened. Let me know what you think we can do as a plan B.

As you can see this is the first email where I spoke to Buddy with coming up with a plan B, just in case his breeding did not turn out. Now, on Saturday, December 13, 2008, I emailed Buddy asking him when he was going to ship his Jungle. Again on Monday, December 15th I emailed him asking him about when he was going to ship the jungle, below is the email I sent him. –

Buddy,

I would really like to get that jungle in with my sharp sunglow female and my other jungle male as soon as possible, when do you think you can ship him?

Thanks,
Angel

Buddy emailed me back that same day and stated –

Just as soon as he empties Angel. I suspect the first of next week, he ate last Thursday.

We also spoke that day and I had told him I needed the jungle as soon as possible as I wanted to get him in there with my female. I did not hear back from Buddy for 2 weeks!

Buddy,

I have not heard from you, you said you were going to call me back so I'm just touching bases with you.

Thanks,
Angel.

This was the first of many times Buddy stated he was going to touch bases with me and did not do so until I emailed him first. On December 30th, I still did not have a ship date on the Jungle and told Buddy that the deal needed to change because I could no longer use his male. He responded with –

Again I'm sorry for leaving you hanging like I did, I really wanted to speak with you last week, however, in retrospect I am glad I have had some time to collect my thoughts before continuing our last brief conversation. No disrespect Angel but frankly I was taken aback by our last communication ? . . . . Let me explain and please....take no offence, all right? . . . I understand that I am much older and poorer then most of the folks in this hobby add too that my inexperience keeping Boas and the fact that I am from another part of the country, we are a little slow in the south. Perhaps you may understand my confusion in learning that you were changing our agreement. I understood that this was our agreement:

Email #1 was inserted here

. . . . Am I wrong? Maybe I come from a different generation but when old farts, like me, negotiated an agreement that was the agreement. In business many times I have followed through on an agreement, understanding that my margins had dropped and to live up to my word would cost me money. At anyrate the changing direction from our agreement got me off center.

Again Angel please don't take this in anyway other then in the spirit it is intended. I would love to work with you and I hope we can work something out . . . Anyway we need to speak. I will be up for another hour or two if you would like to call tonight at ###-###-#### if not I will try you tomorrow. Until then my friend.

I responded with the following-

In regards to our agreement, our original agreement was for the remainder of the stripe litter. We did not talk about adding other boas to the agreement until the early part of the month and we did because we would be able to use one of your boas (the jungle) to breed to my sharp sunglow female. Unfortunately, we were unable to get that jungle here in time to utilize him. You would not buy cold medicine after you get over your cold? This is a similar situation, the point was to get him while the boas were still breeding not after. My males have been in with my females since mid October and will get removed this weekend. This is why I stressed shipping him out immediately in our emails. So, since we could not get him here to breed, it kind of puts a kink in things. This is the way I can see how things can go sour, I caught my male jungle numerous times courting my sharp sunglow female, if I took in your jungle and my female produced then you would get a
salmon jungle het sharp which we know would be worth about $7k (based on the price that regular jungles het. sharp are worth $4 to $5k this year) plus the 25% Suri. het Sunglow and 25% Suri. Sunglow and the only thing I would get out of it would be a jungle that I could not use to breed and is of no use to me, does that seem fair to you? That is why when we could no longer use your jungle for the breeding season I said lets go back to our original deal. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Angel

Our original deal that we had first agreed on was for the remaining of my MP stripe litter for a motley het sharp. We later altered the deal to include a het. Sunglow and sunglow for Buddy’s jungle. After talking to Buddy he understood my point and we were back on for the original deal and I shipped him 7 boas on January 27, 2009.

Kids arrived late this afternoon. Sorry for the rude awakening this morning…oops…..I have never received animals UPS before. . . Fed Ex is always there by 10:00. . . I thought that UPS did not ship live animals?.?.? Anyway I went to Fed Ex tracking and of course they had no record of it and I freaked. . <g>

Very nice boas young man!!!!!! # 38 has he a feeding issue? He’s so tiny cute little fella though….LoL……The normal’s are real nice too!

All of them are nice and once I got the mites off of them and hydrated them up they looked a lot better. . . . NOT ! . ! . . . . I know not funny. . he. he..

Whutz zup with #36??? WOW that is one sick boa! . . . . I know that you thick California Citrus is better then what we grow here. . . .not. J…… but I named him grapefruit. . . <g> We grow Ruby Reds in the Sunshine State and 38, Grapefruit looks like the inside of a Ruby Red. . . . . One sick Boa……. If the Guy doesn’t pony up by the end of the week please….please let me have #33.

Angel thanks for everything. . . . . a real pleasure. . . . Call me when you can

God Bless
Buddy Young

My reply on January 28, 2009–

Hello Buddy,

Glad you like the boas. #38 started off slow so he is a little smaller but he has been feeding on a consistent basis for the last 3 months so don't let his size fool you, he is actually one of the ones that is up against the front of the cage when he smells food, it's only a matter of time before he catches up to the others. #36 will probably be one of the most colorfull salmons you will EVER see, your lucky because I was thinking about keeping that guy! I'll let you know if that guy comes through for the boa, this guy has a habit of touching bases with me every other month in the meantime let me know how we can modify the trade to include this guy.

Thanks,
Angel Vazquez
www.VazquezFamilyReptiles.com

I did not hear back from Buddy until near the end of April –

Hey Angel,

How are you and everyone at VFR? Grand I hope. Sorry that I have been out of pocket for some time but after finishing reading this email you will understand why. Dude!... what are you up too? Selling off your breeders? ¿Qué se está !

Well 105 came and went on April 1 09 for Howards first Sunglow Elvis was on? Nothing. . . .I think she may have reabsorbed or something. May be Howard can bring us up to speed on what’s he thinks is going on with her. Rich has told me that Elvis has been on Howards second Girl since December and has witnessed several copulations but no ovulations. I am considering leaving Elvis with Howard for another season and let him have at Howards beauties again next season.

So that leaves us with what to do with our business. Let’s hear from Howard and see what he thinks going on and let’s talk in the next day or so. As for us it has been a trying time emotionally and spiritually. I will leave you with a recent press release and that should give you some insight as to how Cheryl and I are doing. . . .I will speak with you soon. Scroll down……

Warm regards,
Regards,
Bud

Well, Buddy had told me he was going to be speaking with me soon, he said this April 28th, I waited 17 days (until May 15th) and did not hear back from him so I emailed him –

Hello Buddy,

Do you have any updates on any of the litters expected?

Thanks,
Angel

Well, I did not hear back from him until May 19th. He replied –

Hello Angel,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We were out of town for the weekend. I haven’t talked to Howard and he is not responding to email? I will try calling him tonight and see if he has a read on the second Sunglow yet.

I was going to call you last Thurs. and got distracted. I will call you this afternoon. The best time to call you is around 3:00 PM your time isn’t it?

Thanks
Buddy

Well, I spoke to Buddy on the 19th and since no babies were produced, we agreed that since his Hotley was already in town by me, that I would go pick it up and that I would use it with my sharp sunglow female and that we would split the litter. He said he did not want his female at her current location so I told him to email the person that currently had her and that I would go pick her up. Buddy said he was going to do that and call me back in 3 days. I did not hear from him for 10 days so I emailed him on May 29, 2009 –

Hey Buddy,

I'm just touching bases with you since you said you were going to give me a call in three days and it has been over a week.

Thanks,
Angel

Well, Buddy finally called me back on the 29th and said he would talk to the person who had his Hotley and get back in touch with me in a couple days. I did not hear back from Buddy in 4 WEEKS! If I don’t email him, who knows how long it would take before I hear from him so I emailed him on June 26th–

Buddy,

I was hoping to have heard something about Howard by now. I think we need to start talking about sending those boas back over here.

Thanks,
Angel

I wait a couple days and no emails from Buddy. After reading many of bad transactions on the BOI, I already know the signs and see where this is going. I email Buddy again on June 28, 2009. –

Buddy,

It seems like it is becoming more complicated to touch bases with you. We have an issue here, I sent you MANY boas for the salmon motley het. sharp and I had told you back then that I wanted to make sure we had a back up plan in case that litter did not happen and you kept telling me that everything would be okay. Now that things are up in the air you seem to not make an effort to touch bases with me. I have to say that I'm not happy at all with how this situation is being managed on your half. It is funny that before I sent you my boas you responded within 24 hours but even then it was usually you that emailed me. Now, it seems that it takes about 3 emails to get any response from you, I'm not going to be playing this game and I think it is time for you to send me my boas back.

So finally Buddy replies back on the same day (June 28, 2009) –

WTF. I spoke to you 3 weeks ago and haven't heard from you since then. Chill out! I told you that you could take Elvis and I would split the litter with you which is a better deal foe you then we originally made. Are you ready to put him on a female now?

I sold 2.0 of the stripers. 1.0, the nicest one is at the vets now with a mass and having surgery on Tues if he's alive then.

Now I will send you back what I have or you can wait on your motley het sharp. I told you that I would give you a hypo motley Het if I had good litters.

Now chill out before you aggravate me . .<G> . . Everything may be OK in your world but in the last six months I've lost my son, grandson and father in law. I got more on my plate then I can say grace over.

Thanks
Buddy

Now, I start seeing what kind of person Buddy is “now chill out before you aggravate me”! What is that supposed to mean! This guy is now making threats. This was my reply (also sent June 28, 2009)–

Buddy,

Exactly, it has been 3 weeks! You were supposed to have touched bases with Howard on said you were going to get back to me in a couple days NOT WEEKS, how long were you planning on taking? I don't think you are taking the time to see things from my perspective. The bottom line is that I sent you over $4,000 worth of animals to you and I don't have ANYTHING to show for it. You had also said you were concerned with your boa being over at Howards, how concerned are you if you are not trying to get that boa out of there? I understand that you have gone through alot of tough things lately but that does not excuse you from the commitments you made. So please don't talk to me about becoming aggravated, as far as I see it you have already made a profit on animals you didn't spend a cent on! So you can either do right by getting the boa over here that I could potentially use in a breeding or you can send me my litter back and compensate me for the boas you have
sold, either way I need the issue to be fixed in a timely manner, no more it happens when it happens type of stuff.

I received Buddy’ response back also on June (28, 2009). I had more emails from Buddy on this day then the last 3 months! –

My friend,

I am in this hobby to meet nice people, like you, have and produce some nice animals, God willing, and learn as much about the animals you and I love so much. Profit of any kind has never crossed my mind and I don't care if I ever sell a boa. I do not have room for anymore conflict in my life, especially in my hobby where I go to escape lifes disappointments.

I cannot bare the weight of causing you any concern for my character or the thought of you not being 100% satisfied by having made my acquaintance. I apologize; I never should have made this deal with you on the hope of producing the Motley Het Sharp last breeding season. Not producing the animals last year was a let down, for both of us. J

Therefore I offer you this as an immediate resolution to your discomfort and apprehension. I made arrangements to recover one of the animals I sold (the little hypo male) and will be shipping all of the animals back to you except for 1 normal male het that I cannot buy back (I sold him at a show and don't know who has him) and the Super or poss. Super male striped boa. I will happily pay you for these two; however, I will need an installment plan if you can see your way clear. I spent 199.00 yesterday on the sick boa and the surgery is 450.00 that I have to pay on Tuesday. If you would like confirm the Boas condition please contact Dr Orlando Diaz at Lake Howell Animal Clinic 407-628-8000. I will not get the little hypo male back until next weekend so I would like to ship on Tuesday July 7th if that is good for you?

Please accept my sincere apologies I am so sorry for causing you any difficulties, problems or concerns. Please let me know if these conditions will be acceptable to you or not. Thanking you in advance for your consideration

Warm regards,
Thanks
Buddy

Not to be a jerk but after all we have been through at this point, the last email looks to me like something you would get from a Nigerian scammer. “Profit of any kind has never crossed my mind and I don't care if I ever sell a boa” I thought it was pretty hypocritical what he wrote in his email and then I go to his website to see he was building a “boa store”. Anyways, this was my reply –

Hello Buddy,

I'm sorry to be like this but I'm not the type of person that likes to sit back while things are in the air. If someone tells me they are going to call me back in a specific amount of time then that is expected, we had this incident happen 3 times. Once you were supposed to call me back the same day, you did not call me back until after I emailed you almost a week later, then you were going to call me back in 3 days and again I did not hear back from you in a week and AGAIN you were going to call me back in a couple of days and you even admitted, 3 weeks passed by. In all instances you were suppose to call me back and communication did not occur until after lengthy times and only after I initiated contact again. In my world when someone can't keep a commitment it seems as if the other party's time is not important. I understand that keeping boas is a hobby and a method for you to get away but the thing is that you involved yourself in a business
transaction and it should be treated as such. Furthermore, the delay in communication did not begin to occur until after you found out that your breeding did not go as planned. I have every reason to not feel comfortable with this transaction. The 7th is fine in regards to shipping; also please go over the EXACT details (i.e. time frame and amounts) of what you had in mind for installments.

Thanks,
Angel Vazquez

The following was the reply I received June 29, 2009 –

Angel...Dude you don't have to apologize.. Your right ...my priorities have been in family matters and communications have suffered.

I want to do what ever it takes to make you feel better Angel. How does this sound I am shipping everything back to except for 2 male boas I think that this is what your prices were. If not let me know whatever it is it is. Additionally I will still send you a motley het sharp or a jungle het sharp for your inconvenience.

Male 38 listed at $400
Male 36 listed at $1000

I can’t tell you when I can pay you or how much I can pay you, now, Angel. Trying to our Grandchild back has us stretched to the breaking point. If you don’t pay the lawyers and court cost we can’t proceed to the next step in our wonderful legal system. Of course I’m open to reasonable interest if you like.

Be sure to send me your address for shipping. Do you think I should put a cool pack in the box this time of year? I don’t think it would hurt.

Anyway if I can do anything else to make sure it’s right just let me know. Thanks for everything and again please accept my apologies…..

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thanks
Buddy,

My reply sent on June 29, 2009 –

Buddy,

Unfortunately, I would need some type of GUARANTEED time frame or I would also need boa #36 back. The reason we are in this predicament is because there was no time frame set from the beginning and I am not to go through this inconvenience again of having to consistently to look for you just to find out what is going on. You did state that your priorities are in your family and that is understandable but it sounds like you want to have your cake and eat it too. If you can’t handle committing to properly purchasing that boa then maybe you don’t need to. It is very inconvenient and stressful for the both of us and I just don’t want to be in this position anymore. If you wish to purchase #36 then when you have him paid off I will gladly send him back to you.

Thanks,
Angel Vazquez

Now Buddy’s reply sent on June 30, 2009 –

Male 36 is the nice Super...right? I don't remember how you had them labeled. If it is that is the animal he is not expected to make it through surgery today.

If he lives I will be happy to send him back. As far as time frame I don't have one.

It must be horrible not to be able to trust anyone Angel. I
will talk to you soon.

Thanks
Buddy

NEXT –

Regardless if the boa lives it needs to be shipped, if it dies the body still needs to be shipped.

BTW – Please don’t try to throw this at me like if I made mistakes in this transaction. I have been doing this for a long time and have sold and traded numerous boas, you will NOT find even one negative thing about me anywhere. I do trust people! Did you forget that I shipped you those snakes based on your word. It was your lack of communication (which you already admitted to) and lack of effort to rectify things that led to this outcome. I had asked you to notify Howard that I was going to pick up the Motley, I figured that you would prioritize since you wanted to get your boa in a better environment, and I also figured you would feel some sense in urgency to show you were doing something to fix our discrepancy; it amazed me that you are still okay in keeping an animal that you hold with high regards there. I gave you trust and you acted as if my time was not important and as it was okay to neglect my concerns.

I’m sorry guys, I know this is long but at least you are getting all the details – I was upset at that last email he sent so I also sent this email –

I have to say that I was very disappointed that you would make a comment like “It must be horrible not to be able to trust anyone Angel”. When you received a box FULL of snakes from me without paying a dime, then that was what? Do you seriously believe that I just woke up one day and said “today I’m not going to trust Buddy any longer and for the hell of it”?

Here is Buddy’s reply for June 30, 2009 –

Yes Angel. Again I have to say that...of course your right. . . If you notice I have not tried to debate you on any of the excellent points you make. If you want to keep on with a pissing contest you will have to play by yourself.

As stated whatever you need to feel better about the deal I'll do...no argument.

You want the animals back....OK
You want me to pay interest on the money I owe
you.......OK
You want to use Elvis.......OK
You want me to send you 1.1 Motley or Jungle Het
sharp.......OK.
You want to slam me on the BOI.......... OK
You want all of the above.....OK...fine

Again whatever you want me to do I'm fine with....no problem. You know Angel I may be a newbie but I did not fall off the Turnip Truck yesterday either. No one has ever lost a dime by working with me. In fact they always come out on top. (happy to provide references if you like) I won't have it any other way. And you too will come out ahead of the game, you'll see.
But let's make one thing perfectly clear. I am not the one that reneged on the deal Angel you are. My plans to bring the issue to resolution have not changed. You’re the one that decided to conclude our arrangement like this..... not me.

Do me a favor if you will, if you get the urge to send me another email....... don't. I will call you and you can read me the riot act over the phone.....alright.

I will call you soon or if that is too up in the air for you feel free to give me a call anytime. Thanks and I look forward to speaking with you again soon.

Thanks
Buddy

All these promises about how he was going to do so much and look, here we are July 11, 2009 and he has not done a single thing. Anyways, here is my reply sent the same day (June 30, 2009) –

“But let's make one thing perfectly clear. I am not the one that reneged on the deal Angel you are. My plans to bring the issue to resolution have not changed." When were you planning on fixing things a week, a month a year? This is not no pissing contest, you took your sweet time and that is the truth. You failed to communicate and that is the truth. You messed up the trust in this transaction. I did not force you to miss your promised phone calls, you did it on your own. Don't put this off on me! I won't deal with people that can't take ownership for their own actions. I don't want NOTHING from you other than what is mine. Send me my animals back and what is due to me and lets no longer do business. I'm done! No need to respond to this email, just email me with a tracking number when you ship my boas on the 7th.

Buddy’s reply to my email on June 30, 2009 -

“But let's make one thing perfectly clear. I am not the one that reneged on the deal Angel you are. My plans to bring the issue to resolution have not changed." When were you planning on fixing things a week, a month a year?

[Buddy Young] I wasn't aware you needed Elvis until next season. What's the rush?

This is not no pissing contest, you took your sweet time and that is the truth.

[Buddy Young] Yes I did. My Plan "b" has been "whatever Angel wants"

You failed to communicate and that is the truth.

[Buddy Young] I failed to communicate according to your time frame Yes ,most certainly. You see where I come from if a man tells you that he will do something, he does it. Monthly phone calls aren't necessary.

You messed up the trust in this transaction.

[Buddy Young] Apparently so!......<g> it was not my intention.

I did not force you to miss your promised phone calls, you did it on your own.

[Buddy Young] Yes I did….your right…. Shoot me.

Please! Don't put this off on me! I won't deal with people that can't take ownership for their own actions.

[Buddy Young] Everything you say is 100% the Gospel truth and I take full ownership of every word you have written. I don't dispute a single word. Can I say any plainer?

I don't want NOTHING from you other than what is mine. Send me my animals back and what is due to me and lets no longer do business.

[Buddy Young] On one more point we agree….

I'm done! No need to respond to this email, just email me with a tracking number when you ship my boas on the 7th.

Here is my reply to his email -

“I failed to communicate according to your time frame Yes ,most certainly" You failed to communicate on your time frame! 3 incidents were YOU stated the time frames in which you were going to contact me. I did not set those time frames, you did and you failed to call back on the time frames YOU set. The first, you were going to call me back the same day (you stated this, not me) and you did not call me back until after I emailed you almost a week later. THEN, you were going to call me back in 3 days (AGAIN, you stated this), you did not call me in over a week and AGAIN only after I emailed you. The last time you were going to call me back on a couple days (AGAIN, you made this time frame) and 3 weeks passed (this time too communication was made only after I emailed you). In each of these occasions it was YOU who made the time frames NOT me.

I also sent -

I wasn't aware you needed Elvis until next season. What's the rush?

The Rush was that -

1. You made it plain and clear you did not want Elvis at Howards anymore.
2. The longer you keep the boa there the longer it will take for me to get that boa in breeding condition.
3. You had value in your hands from what I sent you, you getting that boa to me would have shown that you take this transaction seriously and that you did value my concern.

We had a problem and he was not doing anything to fix it. Sooo many promises made throughout this time and no delivery on nothing. Am I just supposed to wait until he feels like fixing this issue, however long that may take?

Next, Buddy emails me asking me if I can take a call and I replied yes. This was on June 30. Can you guys guess what happened? AGAIN, he can’t keep his word and doesn’t call! So I get this email the next day July 1, 2009 –

Sorry didn't get this until I had gone to bed. Talk to you tonight.
Thanks
Buddy

Hey guys guess again what happens? Your right ANOTHER missed call! So I send this message –

Buddy,

Not sure what is going on. You said you were going to call me yesterday and I did not get a phone call, then you email me telling me you would call me today and again I have not received a call from you.

So I finally get a call from Buddy and he states he is going to ship my boas back to me on July 7th. Well, the 7th comes and I get this email –

I hope that this news doesn’t freak you out too bad. I picked Fonzi up yesterday afternoon and he is not able to travel. He has a nine day course of antibiotics (Ceftazidime 0.04 cc’s every 72 hrs) to undertake before he can be fed. We won’t know that he will make it prior to feeding him and seeing if he can digest. Additionally it will be 5 or 6 weeks before his stitches come out, if he lives.

Orlando and Joel took pictures of the surgery that I will forward too you so you can see how big a surgery this was. I have spent 900.00 on your animal so far to try and save him. It makes no sense to ship a sick animal it is not fair to the Boa that has already been through so much.

I really cannot afford to ship twice so my intent is to ship when Fonzi recovers or dies. He might expire tomorrow and I will ship next week or he will be fully recovered in six weeks and I will ship then.

I will try and call you tonight if you haven’t heard from me by 6:00 your time call me.

Regards,
Bud

This was my response which was sent out on July 7, 2009 –

Buddy,

I don't mean to sound like a jerk but I don't believe the decision is yours to make as to how long those boas stay with you. The proper thing to have done would be to talk to me first and ask me my opinion instead of emailing me, telling me how things are going to be with my animals. I know you mean well but you need to understand that those are not your boas to do with as you please. If you wish to keep Fonzi then please have his payment to me by July 14, 2009 and ship me the rest of the boas, if not then please ship all my boas (including Fonzi, whether alive or not) back on that day.

P.S. If you can send payment for Fonzi and the rest of the litter back by July 15th, 2009. I will let you have Fonzi for $800.

Thanks,
Angel

I did not hear from Buddy that day so I emailed him the same email on the 8th and waited for a reply. I waited another 3 days and still no reply so I sent him this email Friday night (July 10, 2009). –

Look Buddy, this thing of you not responding to my emails is not going to make things any better between us and just makes it look like you practice bad business. You act as if I just sent you over $4,000 worth of boas for the heck of it. You can’t take other people’s animals and do as you please with them. If you want to keep any animals then you need to compensate like any honest person would do. I terminated the agreement because you were unable to keep your commitments and was not unable to return phone calls or emails. Since we agreed on you returning my boas, you did not mail them when you were supposed to, have failed to return another 2 phone calls and have also failed to reply to another 2 emails. You had told me you practiced good business and talked a good game at first but once you received the boas and you were not able to produce the motleys to compensate me, you have handled this situation very poorly. Please respond back and let me
know that indeed you will handle things like a professional business person.

P.S. You have over $4k of my animals, you have a boa in my area that is worth the same value. You can put that boa in my possesion to show that you are not trying to rip me off. We can either produce from that boa and call it even or you can send my boas back and I will send your boa back and we will be even but don't try to be a shady person by trying to come up on my animals.

Thanks,
Angel Vazquez
www.VazquezFamilyReptiles.com

I received an email from him this morning (July 11, 2009) –

Angel,

Your worse then an Old Women. Maybe in your world people are out to rip people off not in mine. You need to learn too be still little brother and realize that the world and Buddy Young are not trying to rip you off. Email is a non interruption interface and I answer them when they are not an interruption. Here is link to a good blog about communication, http://www.lifehack.org/articles/com...n-economy.html

Let me reiterate I am not the one that reneged on the deal. . . . . You are. . . . . . You’re the one that decided too change your mind not me. . . . . . .Your the one that demanded your animals back. . . . . I didn’t produce last year. You’re the one that is experienced in Boa breeding not me, I’m a newbie we both new that there was a chance the Howards animal would not produce and if they didn’t was willing to do whatever you wanted to close the deal

As far as a Plan “B” I have stated from the onset whatever I need too do to satisfy you and that is still my position.

When I called you in April to tell you we didn’t produce the first words out of my mouth were I’ll need to send your animals back. You are the one that suggested using Elvis and I was fine with that. Whatever I needed to do to make Angel happy ya see that’s just the way we roll down south. We are loyal friends and trusting individuals that will give you the shirt off our backs if you need it. Our word is our bond and that is all that is needed. We work hard, pay our bills are nice to old people and animals and we go to church on Sunday.

Please my friend, calm down and be patient. You know as well as I do that shipping a sick animal is the wrong thing to do. I know you well enough to know that you wouldn’t consider doing it either. So far Fonzi is fine and I will offer a meal on Sunday. He is just so weak I hope I can save him for you. He is one beautiful Boa!. The fact that I have tried to save this animal for you at quite an expense on my part should say something for my character. Are you going to reimburse me what I’ve spent on your animal Angel? Of course not. Nor would I ask you too.

I will ship your animals all at one time when Fonzi recovers or dies and that’s my last word on that. I am not trying to keep your animals. Frankly your attitude has taken the excitement out of the project for me and the sooner I can get them out of my collection the better. I am not going to rip you off I am not going to abscond with your animals. Please take a deep breath, calm down and know that everything is going too be alright. You are a nice, ambitious young man with a beautiful family. I like you and respect you and believe you to be a man of integrity. This is the second email in which you have attacked my character I will not excuse a third assault on my integrity. Govern yourself accordingly.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ??? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
P.S. You have over $4k of my animals, you have a boa in my area that is worth the same value. You can put that boa in my possesion to show that you are not trying to rip me off. We can either produce from that boa and call it even or you can send my boas back and I will send your boa back and we will be even but don't try to be a shady person by trying to come up on my animals.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ??? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Now you are starting to scare me Angel, are you all right? Am I missing something? Isn’t this what you had agreed to accept as a resolution to our MP deal? Cause that’s what I thought I heard. ….. . . . . I’m getting old and my memory is fading but I am almost positive we had talked about that. . . . . . . . . . Yup. . . . . . . I’m sure of it now! . . . . .We did talk about that!. . . . . .Before your paranoia got the best of you J

Please don’t be offended but I do find your ps confusing . . . . . but humorous, My comments above are my attempt add some levity to the situation. You’re an honest man and so am I. We can work together, I’m sure of it. If we try . I am beginning to think that your problem with me may be geographical, generational or maybe even cultural?

We need to talk and will soon. I’ll try to call over the weekend or feel free to call me anytime.

Your friend,
Bud

Here are my last 2 replies from today (July 11, 2009)

I don't know what it is that you don't understand Buddy in regards to shipping my boas, the choice is not yours to make. YOU WILL NOT TELL ME WHEN MY BOAS WILL BE SHIPPED! The options you do have is to either get me the Motley or my boas back by July 15th, 2009. If you can't comply with either I will start seeking legal action and I will post what kind of person you are, you need to understand that you are NOT entitled what-so-ever to decide what to do with other people's animals.

In regards to "Are you going to reimburse me what I’ve spent on your animal Angel? Of course not".

Let me ask you something, did you ask me to sell one of my boas when you knew that you might have to return them if you did not complete your part of the agreement? Did you even advise me that there was something wrong with the boa before you stated that it received medical attention? You are right I do question your integrity, and on Wednesday the 15th I will find out if what I believe is true. Honestly Buddy, I would rather you just send me my boas cause I just don't want to deal with you no more. Like I said in my previous email, if you want to dictate what happens with Fonzi, you need to purchase him, otherwise he needs to be sent back on the 14th unless you get the motley in my hands by then.

You are more then welcome to call me now if you wish.

Thanks,
Angel

I sent this one shortly after –

I have to say that it amazes me to see how you think you can do whatever you want with other people's things.

That is it folks. I’m sorry to put you through this long story but I don’t know how this guy can think he can do whatever he wants with my boas. All I want is my boas back and to never deal with this guy again. You don’t have my permission to keep my boas for even one day! Send me ALL my boas back NOW Buddy and get out of my life!

Old 07-11-2009, 11:26 AM   #2
mvite
Angel-

I am sorry to hear that this has happened to you. By the way Buddy Young talks--he's clearly a scammer. All the back pedaling and holier-than-thou attitude from him has literally turned my stomach. Having been scammed before---albeit on a smaller scale than you---I think it's safe to say that Buddy Young is lying to you a whole bunch.

Although it seems clear that Buddy Young is a bad guy---you may want to post all original emails with headers, for those who want to see that.

Why did you ship those animals to him in the first place? I know that's hindsight now--but what made you trust him for $4K worth of animals? Did someone speak for him or introduce you to him?

In what area does Buddy Young reside?

Ack--I swear I hate it when people talk like that---like YOU are the one who has an issue with them stealing from you.

I enjoyed the part where he wonders why you might have a problem with him. He says that it could be geographical, generational or maybe even cultural--or--maybe it's because he's a genital.

What culture is not paranoid of scumbags?

Old 07-11-2009, 01:09 PM   #3
D.Carriere
I just hate it when people get scammed, It Makes me sick u sent over 4k worth of animals and u did your part but he did not keep his end of the bargain, Really Bad Business Ethics i tell ya! Sorry to Hear about your loss Angel, But you must be careful on these sites.

Old 07-11-2009, 02:28 PM   #4
Willow
Quote:
Now you are starting to scare me Angel, are you all right? Am I missing something? Isn’t this what you had agreed to accept as a resolution to our MP deal? Cause that’s what I thought I heard. ….. . . . . I’m getting old and my memory is fading but I am almost positive we had talked about that. . . . . . . . . . Yup. . . . . . . I’m sure of it now! . . . . .We did talk about that!. . . . . .Before your paranoia got the best of you
that would have ticked me off alot...its a little disturbing and disrespectful

alot of the things he says in his emails seems like he is insulting you or even amused by some of your irritation....nooo good =(

I hope the situation turns out well for you Angel

Old 07-14-2009, 03:44 AM   #5
VFR!
Here is the reply I received from Buddy on July 13, 2009 -

Hi Angel

I thought I made it clear that I’m not shipping until Fonzi is released from the Vets care. He ate yesterday and we will see if he can digest the meal.

I will let you know when I expect to ship.

Thanks
Buddy

Old 07-14-2009, 03:46 AM   #6
VFR!
Here was my reply (sent 10 minutes ago) -

Buddy,

I thought I made it clear that it is not your animal and not your choice. Those boas need to be in the mail TODAY. YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION WHAT-SO-EVER TO KEEP MY ANIMALS FOR EVEN ONE MORE DAY! Like I said if you want to decide what to do with Fonzi then you need to buy him and have the payment with the rest of the boas tomorrow, if not then he needs to be shipped! Quit playing your dam games THOSE ARE NOT YOUR BOAS, GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD!

BTW - I am forwarding the link to the post I put on the BOI to all the people you have done business with so people can see what a scum bag you are! I will also be putting your last email so people can see how you continue to keep my own animals from me. That is called being a thief!

You have crossed the line Buddy by stealing my animals!

Old 07-14-2009, 03:51 AM   #7
VFR!
For those of you wondering why I shipped him my boas. The reason is that I spoke to John from Salmonboa.com and he told me Buddy was a good guy. Buddy Young has turned out to be the worst person I have dealt with in my 15 years of herping. You guys have no idea how it feels to have some THIEF holding your animals against your own will. I AM PISSED!

Old 07-14-2009, 04:10 AM   #8
VFR!
I am sorry if my words are a bit aggressive. I am just so baffled as to how someone may think they can do whatever they want with someone else’s property. I made it very clear to him that he has no permission what-so-ever to keep my animals for even a day longer and he thinks that he can keep them as long as he wants? This guy must have some type of psychological problems. Can you imagine this guy if he was watching your kids? They caught a cold so you can’t have them back until they get better; I’ll let you know when I expect to give them back. PLEASE people, get the word out that Buddy Young is no good.

Old 07-14-2009, 06:58 AM   #9
VFR!
Ok guys, I got some more icing on the cake for you.

He sent me this reply on July 14, 2009 -

Any more communication needs to go through my attorneys’ office.

Sharon A Balmer
po Box 895399
Leesburg, FL 34789

Sharon you are authorized to take the appropriate action.

I noticed that he CC'd her at Sharonabalmer@balmerlaw.com. Now check this out. I sent an email to "Sharon" and this is what it said -

Sharon,

Please feel free to read over the situation that transpired between Buddy and I at the following link. He has poor ethics and is trying to keep animals that do not belong to him. If I was local I would have already showed up with the police to pick up my animals. He needs to realize that he can't do what he choses with what is not his. Feel free to email me and we can discuss this further.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=138996

P.S. Hey, Buddy the message that you tried to recall is not going back, sorry, I have ALL your messages saved.

Thanks,
Angel Vazquez

Well guess what, I received failure notice for delivery. Next, I noticed that the email address has an "@balmerlaw.com" so I figured there would be a website for www.balmerlaw.com. Guess what? DOES NOT EXSIST!

Old 07-14-2009, 07:37 AM   #10
hhmoore
There IS a Sharon Balmer...but searches seem to indicate that she is affiliated with LAFLA.
There IS a Susan Balmer at the above listed address, though.
Lake County Bar Association
Quote:
sabalmer@aol.com, Susan A. Balmer, P.A.. Susan A. Balmer, Esq. Attorney at Law.
P.O. Box 895399. Leesburg, FL 34749-5399. Phone: (352) 365-8300 ...
There does appear to be a Balmer Law...but it's a physics principle, and doesn't have it's own website

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!