AHP Exotics. Buyer Beware!!!!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-24-2003, 11:35 AM   #11
gila7150
Thumbs down

Wow! That has to be one of the most dispicable things I've seen on the BOI to date. It's also one of the nicest busts so far....nice job!
I see they're doing a show near me next week. I'll be sure to ask them about it (preferably while they have customers at their table.)

Old 05-24-2003, 02:06 PM   #12
TimCoplan
AHP EXOTICS

Thanks for your replies guys! I am going to definately stay away from them!

Let me know what they say at the show!

Thanks Tim Coplan

Old 05-24-2003, 02:24 PM   #13
sputnik
gila7150

Hey, is there anyway you can take a video camera with you... would be some nice warranted, embarrassing footage don't you think?

Especially in front of a nice gathering of potential customers!

Old 05-29-2003, 05:03 PM   #14
karl ramsdell
Thumbs up ahp exotics (bill albright)

hi everyone. i just wanted to say i just did a trade with bill at ahp exotics and everyhting went great. he shipped exactly when he said he would ship, and the snake i got (suphan cobra) is beautiful, even better than he described. i read the previous posts, but i wanted the snake so bad i took the chance, and it paid off. the snake is fat and healthy. it cost him 96 dollars for him to get it to me next day air before 10 am delivery and he ate the extra cost. the way he packed the snake was probably the best ive seen. just wanted to let folks know he is great to do business with, and really cares about the animals. thanks, karl

karl ramsdell

Old 05-29-2003, 05:10 PM   #15
ms_terese
Well, I suppose somebody has to keep the scammers in business.

Glad it worked out for you, Karl. Just a shame that it puts more money in the pocket of someone who was trying to misrepresent a flawed animal.

Old 05-29-2003, 05:20 PM   #16
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
Karl,

it's great that you got your snake and everything is alright. Unfortunately, it is very sad that a Suphan Cobra was illegally shipped through an overnight carrier.

I have met Bill and talked with him on several occasions, and he has always seemed like a great, stand-up guy. Unfortunately, these two latest incidents(illegal shipping of hots and digitally covering up an obvious prolapse), are making me wonder. Also, as I said, it is my understanding that Bill recently hired a person with a less than clean reputation to help him at the store, and MAYBE this person is using the store name for his own dealings? I'm just grasping at that though, not hoping that Bill really IS as bad a person as it seems. He will be notified of this thread today and hopefully will come here to shed some light on the situation.

Old 05-29-2003, 05:48 PM   #17
Just to let everyone know I just sent Bill Albright with AHP an e-mail informing him of this thread. Hopefully we'll be able to either get some answers from the man himself, though at this point I'm not sure I'd ever feel 100% comfortable doing business with the company.

Whether it was Bill himself or one of his employees that altered the photo and shipped the cobra overnight(by the way the ONLY LEGAL way to ship venomous reptiles is through the airlines), chances are good that he knew something of it.

Bottom line, I think you made a good collar Tim!

Old 05-29-2003, 06:37 PM   #18
meretseger
Gosh, I keep wondering why a lot of overnight carriers are reluctant to ship reptiles. Maybe it has something to do with them being worried about people shipping, say, cobras. Oh, no, that's silly, who would be irresponsible enough to do that?

:Puke:

Erin Benner

Old 05-30-2003, 12:27 PM   #19
karl ramsdell
Thumbs up suphan

the suphan is doin great! i fed it a squirrel today and its poison in its teeth killed it quick. it was fun to videotape. i hear suphans can make an adult really sick, so im carefull when i freehandle it.

as far as shipping, i ship illegally all the time, its fun! saves me money! what are you heros gonna do now?

Old 05-30-2003, 12:47 PM   #20
Thank you for admitting to a crime in a public forum Karl. I will be avoiding you as well in future business dealings.

And don't forget Mr. Villain, that your ISP can be tracked and very likely your IP address from your posts on this site. Therefore your home address and probably phone number can be gotten relatively easily should one of us "heroes" decide to turn you in to the US Fish and Wildlife Service, the shipping companies you are using, your local police, your local Department of Natural Resources, as well as possibly the FBI. Sending a cobra through UPS or FedEx could possibly be considered an act of terrorism in this day and age(especially if you are not properly labeling the box or shipping in approved crates, which I'm sure you aren't you naughty boy you), and I'm d@mn sure you don't want to have to deal with the FBI on that now do you?

And Mr. Ramsfield, I am not one that is usually quick to turn in another herper for a minor transgression, but shipping venomous snakes through illegal methods is NOT minor. And I am very serisouly tempted to make some phone calls on your behalf. Maybe they can't get you on the things you've already shipped, but they might can keep an eye on you and bust you in the future. There are reasons that herpers have more and more trouble being able to ship herps cross country, and people like you are it.

Now, I don't want you taking anything I have to say here as a threat, but you sir, are a d@mn FOOL. You come onto a public forum and ADMIT to committing what are very probably federal offenses. You also admit you obviously don't know as much as you should about your VENOMOUS snakes.

As I said, I am tempted to turn you in, but at the moment, I won't, but I can't speak for anyone else that might be as outraged as I over your complete lack of respect for the law and the safety of others.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!