AHP Exotics. Buyer Beware!!!!! - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-03-2003, 05:29 PM   #51
sputnik
Thumbs down WEAK

Quote:
The only reason the pic was used is it was the only pic of a baby condro we had at the time.
That is a poor excuse or was it a bad business decision? Maybe you should of waited untill you got another chondro pic? Or maybe you guys just thought you could get away with it?

Quote:
the person who posted the ad ment no harm.
No, the person who posted it was deceitfull to the full extent.

Quote:
If any one had taken the time to inquire about the ad I could have stopped this from being blown out of proportion.
You mean someone has to actually inquire about something before you will act on it..... that's pathetic!

Trust good ol ms_terese to bring up the legal issue of UPS shipping of an illegal package.... coffee must be strong today. Just kidding!

Old 06-04-2003, 12:00 AM   #52
The Dark Grove
The original Thread starter sent an E-mail to your company about the prolaspe, He never received a return E-mail explaining the problem you are trying to present as an accident. All that happened as a result of his E-mail was the doctored photo. Whomever put your photo up only had to respond to his E-mail and he would never have started this thread on the BOI. Your story seems to have a few holes in addition to the issue of the improperly shipped cobra.

Please clarify, it would be nice for this issue to be simply resolved.

Why use a doctored photo after receiving an E-mail from a concerned potential customer regarding it? Did you honestly think the same potential customer wouldn't see the second photo and take that negatively after not receiving a reply from his original E-mail...

Somebody screwed up, question is how many times?

Ralph

Old 06-04-2003, 12:12 PM   #53
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
Well, I have to say I am underwhelmed as well with Bill's response.

It was a mistake? It was a picture used to represent the GTPs you have for sale. So does that mean they all have prolapses like the one in the photo?

And Bill, you were contacted about it, or at least your company was. No response was ever given, and all of a sudden, a doctored version of the SAME picture is put online. Is this what happens when people contact you about a problem they see in one of your online ads?

You said noone has been done wrong, well, at this point, since you thought enough to use a photo editing software to alter the photo, whose to say someone WOULDN'T have been done wrong when they recieved that snake?

And what's the word on shipping cobras through overnight carriers? Any response to that? And out of curiosity, Bill, is Blake still working for you?

Old 06-04-2003, 12:17 PM   #54
bill albright
In response to the slamming of my company. I have admited the poor judgement of posting the picture. I stand by the fact that no sick or otherwise unhealthy animal will be sold knowingly by myself or my company. there never has been, nor will there be. IT WAS JUST A PICTURE. THERE IS NO SICK ANIMAL FOR SALE. I am also sorry if at any time, any person who emails me doesn't receive a reply. I try hard to send responses to every one.
I do beleive you are all trying to do a good dead. However, I think you have jumped on the wrong band wagon. I have not sold any "bad" reptiles. Have you been able to find any one who has ever been unsatisfied with a reptile they purchased from me? I don't think there are any out there.
We do a great deal of reptile rescue and rehab. I care more about reptiles than any one I know. I spend countless hours at my store making sure all the animals receive the proper care.
I know there is no way to convince all of you that I have not tried to scam anyone, and for that I appoligise. I also know some of you will continue to post negative things about me and my compay without ever having met me and that does make me sad to know. But all of those who have met me know I do care about the animals and I do sell quality reptiles. I hope you will beable to see past this mis-hap and you will find it was moore misunderstanding than any thing else.
as always, feel free to call. 678-300-9805. thanks, Bill

Old 06-04-2003, 12:27 PM   #55
ms_terese
Bill,

I have not blasted you for your explanation of the picture. While I think it was probably a bad choice, I've made a couple of bad choices in my time and I can accept your explanation.

You also make a valid point in stating that no one has come here stating that they've received a poor quality animal from you.

I did ask you to explain the shipping of the cobra, and I would still like you to do that. Karl stated that the packaging was excellent, and that indicates a true concern for the animal. However, shipping via an overnight carrier is not good. Please explain that decision.

Old 06-04-2003, 02:52 PM   #56
sputnik
Question COMPANY REP

I think what Bill has is an employee who is not reliable, who tampers with photos and is doing damage to Bill's company.

Bill seems to have a good reputation, but someone employed by bill appears to be bringing it undone.

However, the issue of UPS shipping still remains unanswered.

Old 06-04-2003, 03:27 PM   #57
gila7150
I haven't looked at this thread in a while but I just got an email from AHB Exotics saying they missed me at the show last weekend.

I was at the Orlando FIRE show on Saturday morning. I didn't see AHB Exotics there. I went to the front table (where they were holding the raffle) and asked where I could find AHB Exotics table. The guy looked at the vendor list and said there was no AHB Exotics there. So if they were at the show, they were registered under a different name and they did not have any signs or banners displaying their company name.
That's the only reason they "missed" me.
I don't have any real interest in their business but they were obviously pulling something shady and I wanted to ask them about it in person.

(and I was curious to see whether they'd have the nerve to offer that chondro for sale).
Chris Raden

Old 06-04-2003, 03:40 PM   #58
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
Chris,

AHP stands for Animal House Pets, I would think they probably used that name at the show?

Old 06-04-2003, 03:58 PM   #59
bill albright
chris, I emailed you to let you know I was there and we had a banner but we are under the name AHP EXOTICS or it may have been uner my name at the desk. thanks, Bill

Old 06-04-2003, 04:07 PM   #60
bill albright
I received a warning for not using my full name. I'm not sure where it was left out. My full name is William Fredrick Albright. if this helps. if not where do I put my full name. Never been on your wonderful and freindly site before.
thanks william fredrick albright

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!