AHP Exotics. Buyer Beware!!!!! - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-04-2003, 05:59 PM   #61
sputnik
Thumbs up

You can put your name in your user signature... go to your user cap, click on edit profile and then put your name in the signature box.

Then you don't have to type your name on every post.

You can also put a link to your website as well.

Hope that works for you.

Old 06-04-2003, 06:10 PM   #62
TimCoplan
Ok I can see you posting a pic of a gtp with an (UNOTICED) prolapse, but then when someone emails you saying it has a prolapse and then you go and change it? Do you do that with all your photos? When advertising you might want to put a side note saying this is a representation of whats for sale.

You keep avoiding the cobra illegal shipping issue....Whats the scoop on that.

Old 06-05-2003, 11:45 AM   #63
bill albright
This is Bill with AHP EXOTICS posting what will most likely be my last reply on this website.
when I found out I was on your boi site I came here to defend myself and my business. I gave an honest, truthful and sincere account of what happened. I posed a question "had anyone ever spoken to one of my customers who was at all dissatisfied with a reptile they received from me." no one had. one of our customers, who reads your site, came forth to defend me and he was slammed as well.
I will say once more it was a poor move to post that pic and that has been delt with. I will also say once more for the record "I HAVE NEVER NOR WILL I EVER KNOWINGLY SELL AN UNHEALTHY ANIMAL" it's not why I'm here. I'm here because I love reptiles. I don't have a herp business to make a ton of money, because the Good Lord, as well as any of you who are actually in business know, from a financial point of view, this is a loosing game. You only stay with it because you love the hobby.
I have come to believe over the past few days that some people don't want a truthful or honest reply, but would rather have some one to bash and distroy. As I saw when some tried to give a positive note on my behalf. This is a shame.

Old 06-05-2003, 12:13 PM   #64
Darin Chappell
What's a shame is you being willing to ship venomous animals illegally! Wait a minute . . .that's more than a shame . . .it's a CRIME!

You are the one who ought to be ashamed of yourself, Sir!

You see, that bit of willingness on yur part to act criminally/unethically/ultra-pragmatically regardless of what the law or decency would allow, causes many of us to question your "honest" answer as to how animal with an obvious prolapse was used as a photo subject in an advertisement. You said that the picture was doctored because you had no other pics to use in your ad. Well, what about the other animals you were selling????? You obviously HAD other examples of the species, or you wouldn't be running the ad at all (because we all KNOW you weren't trying to sell that prolapse baby, were you???), why not use a picture of one of the others?

None of your story makes very much sense, but I would be willing to suggest that your were just not too terribly wise in your advertisement decisions . . .if it weren't for the fact that your are knowingly willing to ship snakes illegally, ESPECIALLY HOTS!!!!!!!! People like you make it harder on all of us trying to do our business the "right way," and I have absolutely NO sympathy for you whatsoever!

Old 06-05-2003, 12:18 PM   #65
sputnik
Question UPS SHIPPING???????????????

Bill, once again you have not replied in regards to questions about your business using UPS to ship a cobra.

You are very good at going on about honest replies and truthfull accounts etc.....but have dodged a direct question.

Quote:
I have come to believe over the past few days that some people don't want a truthful or honest reply, but would rather have some one to bash and distroy.
What people want is a reply to the question about the shipping of a cobra by UPS!

Clearing up the issue of UPS shipping would do your business a lot of good on this thread. If an employee did it then people are going to understand more when they realize you didn't do it and that you took the right action with that employee.

People put question marks over a business when they won't answer a simple and direct question.

Just an opinion!

Old 06-05-2003, 12:19 PM   #66
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
Bill,

here's the problem people are having(well, at least that I am having)...

1. Obviously, you posted a pic of a baby chondro with a prolapse. Maybe you didn't notice it right away. Okay, I can live with that. What I can't live with, is that when notified of this problem, you digitally alter the photo and repost the ad. If this snake was a representative of the Green Trees you are selling, and your others are selling are good healthy animals, why not simply take a new picture of one of the other, non-prolapsed snakes? That would make a ton more sense as well as be simpler than editing it with photoshop/whatever to hide the prolapse. To me at least, regardless of whether it was your doing or your web administrator's doing, it was an attempt at deception. And your first ads said nothing of that snake being a representation of what you have for sale, I read as that was the animal for sale.

2. I have met you and spoken with you several times at shows. I have not yet been to your store, but aside from Blake getting hired by you, I have heard nothing but good things about your store. I have seen your set up at shows and the animals I've seen looked good and the set up was clean and professional. Up until the issues posted here, I wouldn't have given a second thought to you being a bad guy, but hey, a digitally altered image of snake for sale kind of makes you wonder. And no, I haven't heard anything bad from any of your customers, but then again, I don't know them all. If you're willing to send me a complete list of customers that have bought animals from you, I can give them all a call.

3. Your complete avoidance of the illegal venomous shipping issue. Why don't you address this at all? You have a customer that came to defend you. He claimed that you sent him a Suphan Cobra through an overnight carrier, which is ILLEGAL. Venomous animals MUST be shipped through the airlines, any other method other than driving it yourself is against the law. Now, Karl says the snake is doing great for him and I don't doubt that. I believe him about the health of the snake and how happy he is with it. And Karl did not start getting slammed until he started making smarta$$ comments about illegally shipping hots. He didn't get slammed for supporting you, he got slammed for making inappropriate comments. Why the avoidance of the shipping issue with that Suphan? That sheds a light of suspicion that the claim you sent it through an overnight carrier instead of the airlines is true.

Old 06-05-2003, 12:49 PM   #67
ms_terese
Yesterday, Bill replied to my request on the thread for an explanation of the shipping by sending me a private email. I replied to Bill that he should post that answer here as well. At this time, I don't know if he is planning on doing that or not.

I realize the answer to those questions about shipping the cobra are relevant. However, I am hoping that Bill will answer them himself.

I have a total distaste for posting private emails in a public forum unless it can't be avoided. I'll jump off that bridge when I come to it, I suppose.

Old 06-05-2003, 12:56 PM   #68
sputnik
ms_terese

Quote:
This is Bill with AHP EXOTICS posting what will most likely be my last reply on this website.
Judging by this statement Bill made, it seems unlikely he will answer the question at UPS or for that matter any other question.

This is the kind of attitude that burns a business by losing customers.

Old 06-05-2003, 12:59 PM   #69
bill albright
sorry, I ran out of room.
As for the shipping of the cobra. I will, in no way, say I have shipped illegally. ALL venomous or inherenly dangerous animals are shipped via airlines. If at any time exception were to be made it would be at the customers request, for what ever reason they were unable to pick up at the airport.
All animals shipped, reguardless of shipper or type of animal, are packed in the same way to ensure the safety of the animal and of the shipper. They are bagged, coolered, properly labeled, crated and boxed. not one or the other but all.
I am truly sorry for any misunderstanding. I also truly believe I have said every thing I can in my defence. I thank those of you who stood up for me and am sorry you were put down as well.
This will hopefully be my last posting and most likely the last time I view this site.
If any of the readers or writers wish to speak to me I am easily reached at 678-300-9805. I posted this # once or twice before and received no calls to date.
thanks again, Bill Albright, AHP EXOTICS

Old 06-05-2003, 01:33 PM   #70
sputnik
Thumbs down ILLEGAL !!!

Karl states on 05-29-2003 -

Quote:
it cost him 96 dollars for him to get it to me next day air before 10 am delivery and he ate the extra cost
That was to ship a cobra by overnight carrier.

Bill just stated today that -

Quote:
As for the shipping of the cobra. I will, in no way, say I have shipped illegally. ALL venomous or inherenly dangerous animals are shipped via airlines.
This is a blatant lie. Bill, you shipped a cobra by overnight carrier. You and Karl both engaged in a criminal activity for which neither has an excuse for.

Bill shipped illegally and Karl willingly accepted an illegal package.

Bill denies it, Bill rants and raves aout the people on this site and how his business is being slammed unfairly, but Bill shipped illegally, not to mention the tampered chondro pic.

Quote:
This will hopefully be my last posting and most likely the last time I view this site.
Of course, AHP have suffered a major blow to their credibility on two issues. The prolapsed Chondro and altering the pic and shipping illegally of a HOT by overnight carrier!!!

Bill also states in regards to venomous animals-

Quote:
As for the shipping of the cobra. I will, in no way, say I have shipped illegally. ALL venomous or inherenly dangerous animals are shipped via airlines. If at any time exception were to be made it would be at the customers request, for what ever reason they were unable to pick up at the airport.
At the customers request?????

Shouldn't you then advise the customer that shipping of a hot by overnight carrier is illegal??

Does that statement then mean that you will happilly engage in a criminal activity because someone asked you to?

I guess you've already done it with the cobra.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!