Which cage company to go with? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

View Poll Results: Which company to go with?
BARRS 27 21.77%
Animal Plastic 84 67.74%
Percision Caging 13 10.48%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2003, 12:21 AM   #21
MGReptiles
One more thing can anyone tell me how the PA cages hold heal using flexwatt. Thanks again-
-Matt Graybeal

Old 12-29-2003, 12:44 AM   #22
brucestephenson
I don't know about their heat retention, but I highly recommend buying a HELIX temperature control system. It was one of the best reptile things I have ever purchased.

Old 12-29-2003, 12:55 AM   #23
JungleHabitats
i dont think they do

Use flexwat just a heat rope and i have heard from someone that has it and says they dont like it and have replaced it w/ flexwatt
maybe they have decided to offer flew watt now im not sure
good luck

Old 12-29-2003, 09:48 AM   #24
Animal Plastics
Hello

Here is a link to a discusion about our heat cable, I think you will see that most people thinks it works great

http://www.bobclark.com/bcforums/top...quipment+Forum

There was one gentleman that did not like the heat rope, but there was a lot more to that story.

Thanks

Old 12-29-2003, 09:50 AM   #25
Animal Plastics
Sorry, I forgot my name above

Mark Mertens
Animal Plastics

Old 12-29-2003, 05:49 PM   #26
Mike B.
heat rope

Ive got a rack that has belly heat from animal plastics and it uses the heat rope routered into the bottom. I have no complaints about it at all, it does get extremely hot but if you are using a good proportional thermostat you wont have any problems. It will heat my entire rack to 88 degrees on the warm side and my snake room is constantly at 68-69 degrees all year. Im not positive who the manufacturer of the heat rope is but one of the best Green Tree Python breeders builds racks that have ezheat heat rope routered into the bottom of the racks also, and if hes trusting the rope for his neonates then I wouldnt think theres any problem.

Old 12-29-2003, 08:19 PM   #27
brucestephenson
My melamine racks were purchased from Greg Maxwell I'm pretty sure under the name CageMaster some years ago and they had the heat cable. I used the HELIX thermostat system to great effect as the heat cable must never be used without controls. It gets extremely hot. I bred many leopard geckos, but I sold them all to Tom Crutchfield back in the good old days.
Greg Maxwell has morphed into a leading authority on breeding Green Tree Pythons. He has one of the best websites of all time.

Old 01-21-2004, 12:39 PM   #28
ALukE
Never even heard of those other two. AP cages, racks, and overall quality can't b beat. Plus their customer service is awsome! If ya got a problem, Mark won't send you glue to solve it!

Old 01-26-2004, 12:01 PM   #29
Bci Joe
Boaphile all the way.

Got rid of my melamime, even got rid of my Visions!!!

BOAPHILE ALL THE WAY.

Old 01-27-2004, 01:54 PM   #30
SWAG
Moonstruck

In the thread on Moonstruck Exotics I have a fuller account of my interaction. Point in short- excellent customer service when something "went wrong" (and thats where it matters.) In terms of the cage itself, I'm currently acclimating a WC papuan python in it. These snakes have the capacity to severely test a cage, and its holding up fine. That what gets my seal of approval.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!