Which cage company to go with? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

View Poll Results: Which company to go with?
BARRS 27 21.77%
Animal Plastic 84 67.74%
Percision Caging 13 10.48%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2004, 03:50 PM   #31
MGReptiles
I just got my first Animal Plastic cage today and man these cages are awsome. I see why the poll was in there favor now. There customer service is top of the line, I know what they were doing every step of the way. A+ Mark and Ali...
-Matt Graybeal

Old 01-30-2004, 04:15 PM   #32
ALukE
Ummmm, I don't even think this is a contest. I've never experienced BARRS or precision, but I can say AP can't be beat or immitated. Sure, there are those that try, but they will soon fail in an attempt to compete with all that AP has to offer. AP's state of the art caging and many soon to come new extras will turn plenty of heads! Just dont be fooled by wanabes or crappy immitations!
Thanks,
Andy Luksetich

Old 01-30-2004, 04:36 PM   #33
MGReptiles
According to there website there going to start making incubators....
-Matt Graybeal

Old 01-30-2004, 06:47 PM   #34
JungleHabitats

Old 01-30-2004, 07:27 PM   #35
E2MacPets
I guess its a good sign when a company is willing to adapt. Its just unfortunate that it takes competition in order for a company to become innovative.

Old 01-30-2004, 08:20 PM   #36
ALukE
Man i wish i lived in Morganton, NC.

Andy Luksetich

Old 01-31-2004, 03:11 PM   #37
Dave Lawson
Barrs are the very best !!!!

I have have freedom breeders, neos and Barrs. I got my first herp cage at a Tampa show a few years ago and since then I have bought several at each show I did that they were at. Each of the cages I have from all thre companies are great but with the Barrs it is so very nice to just pick it up and dunk it clean, try that with a big neo or 6' freedom breeder.

Old 02-01-2004, 12:38 PM   #38
lolaophidia
For racks- Animal Plastics with the heat rope are great. I purchased one earlier this year (requested heat on only 4 shelves even) and once I got a plug back on it that was damaged in shipping, I've had no complaints. Mark was very responsive when I contacted him about the missing plug and when I ran into problems locating the right model rubbermaid tubs for the rack.

Boaphile cages are still my favorite. I love the hardware and the fact that they are so light weight. Very easy to clean, hold humidity, and the installed heat tape option works well for me. I wish they were a little less expensive so I could move more of my snakes into them!

Lora Vencill

Old 02-02-2004, 01:44 PM   #39
Steve Craig
For my collection of Kingsnakes, Ratsnakes & Corns, Barrs cages are perfect. Feather weight, easy to clean, stackable, excellent price. Visions are nice also, but I was worried about security with smaller snakes.
Steve Craig

Old 02-05-2004, 07:36 PM   #40
JESSICA
Thumbs down

HI,
I SIGNED UP TO CHECK OUT THE (BOARD OF INQUIRY)ABOUT MOON STRUCK .
BUT, WHEN I SAW YOUR QUESTION ! I THOUGHT I WOULD ADD MY 2 CENTS,, I ORDERED 4 CAGES FROM MOON STRUCK THE 1 WEEK OF DEC. I FIRST RECEIVED 1 CAGE ON TUES 2-3-2004.AND , IT HAD A CRACK BETWEEN THE DOORS. THEY NEVER ANSWERED ME ABOUT THAT. I STILL DIDN'T HEAR BACK FROM THEM AS TO WHERE MY OTHER 3 CAGES ARE.
THEY TOLD ME IT WOULD BE 3 WEEKS BECAUSE OF THE HOLIDAY WHEN I ORDERED THEM. I THINK THIS IS A LITTLE TO MUCH.

I WAS TALKING TO MIKE AT ISIS REPTILES AND SAW HIS CAGES. HE GAVE THE NAME AND # OF JOHN ROYLANCE, AT
SNAKE RACKS.COM
I SPOKE WITH JOHN AND WITH THE FEED BACK FROM, MIKE AT ISIS REPTILE. I WILL TRY THEM.
JUST THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE,

JESSICA

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!