PetCo petition to stop selling snake food - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 12-17-2005, 12:04 PM   #41
South Dixie Dragons
wow! what blows my mind is the number of folks that actually signed that!! next thing you know they will start a petition against Truly Nolan for killing innocent rats and mice and then one on Home Depot to stop selling mice traps and rat poison...

Old 12-17-2005, 04:02 PM   #42
coyote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Davenport
For some reason I have always found a mixture of humor and utter disappointment whenever I see a teenager with such atrocious communication skills. 36 words, 5 errors and one typo, no capitalization.
Interestingly the post was made during normal school hours. The worst part is this is the rule rather than the exception it seems.
In my local newspaper today,"11 million adults illiterate in English."

Then I get lambasted for being petty when I complain about it.

Adolescent girls, and some adult women do tend to be a bit irrational and overly anthropomorphic about animals. What is hypocritical (hippocrates!) is they often are excessive about warm, fuzzy mammals but feel no compunction in believing that non-fuzzy reptiles don't deserve the same level of regard. The majority of these same people eat meat and buy leather accessories.

Old 12-18-2005, 01:12 AM   #43
bbbxcursion
Thanks for the good laughs though, it was fun while it lasted

Old 12-18-2005, 12:11 PM   #44
Karen Hulvey
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote
In my local newspaper today,"11 million adults illiterate in English."Adolescent girls, and some adult women do tend to be a bit irrational and overly anthropomorphic about animals. What is hypocritical (hippocrates!) is they often are excessive about warm, fuzzy mammals but feel no compunction in believing that non-fuzzy reptiles don't deserve the same level of regard. The majority of these same people eat meat and buy leather accessories.
I have seen these types of hypocrites first hand. These people know zilch about the animals they are dissing and when you try to educate them it's like you're talking to a brick wall. These people act like you have no idea what you're talking about when you have handled and own more animals than they ever will in their entire lives.

People come in the pet store I work at and walk around dissing all the reptiles, "snakes are gonna kill you, snakes only want to bite you, snakes are nasty, only an idiot would buy a snake, all the lizards and snakes are poisonous," etc. etc. etc. until I'm about to puke. Then these idiots walk up to the counter and ask, "Do you have any ferrets?" I tell them no and then I tell them why we have no ferrets.

My worst bite came from a ferret. And believe me, I've been bitten by EVERYTHING! About 90% of the baby ferrets we've sold were biting little demons. We sell 100 times more snakes than ferrets yet our ONLY complaints about biting come from the people who bought those cute, cuddly little ferrets.

When I would show someone a baby ferret, I would tell them that babies BITE. Now I didn't say nibble or sugar coat it or anything to downplay these viscious little beasts, I said BITE! They would buy them anyway and then call back the next day complaining that they bite. Well duh. They were warned.

These things have half inch teeth top and bottom and sometimes when they bite they jerk their head side to side like a monitor killing a rat. It's very, very painful. I couldn't use my right hand for over a week after a baby ferret attack. Ferrets are nasty too. They stink starting about an hour after their bath. They poop everywhere but their litterbox. I put 3 corner litter boxes in 3 corners and they would choose to poo in or against their food dish to avoid the litter boxes. Nasty!

I don't know why most people think the furry critters are so cute. I think a hatchling snake is one of the the cutest things I've ever seen. I guess to each his own, eh?

Old 12-18-2005, 01:03 PM   #45
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote
Adolescent girls, and some adult women do tend to be a bit irrational and overly anthropomorphic about animals. What is hypocritical (hippocrates!) is they often are excessive about warm, fuzzy mammals but feel no compunction in believing that non-fuzzy reptiles don't deserve the same level of regard. The majority of these same people eat meat and buy leather accessories.
Yep.....I noticed a couple said it was wrong to "raise anything strictly as a food for something else", yet I'd be willing to bet they enjoy a nice tasty steak or hamburger themselves......do they think the cow that came from was hunted down in its natural habitat and given a chance to escape? Or those leather shoes came from a cow that donated its hide willingly?

Old 12-18-2005, 04:05 PM   #46
TripleMoonsExotic
They deleted mine with links to a group of defrosting rodents and me holding a dead mouse by tongs in front of a snake.

Old 12-20-2005, 11:54 AM   #47
Junkyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckkat
They deleted mine with links to a group of defrosting rodents and me holding a dead mouse by tongs in front of a snake.
Talk about being prejudice! Anyone can post their opinions on how evil nasty and bad reptiles are, but they delete yours. What scums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Yep.....I noticed a couple said it was wrong to "raise anything strictly as a food for something else", yet I'd be willing to bet they enjoy a nice tasty steak or hamburger themselves......do they think the cow that came from was hunted down in its natural habitat and given a chance to escape? Or those leather shoes came from a cow that donated its hide willingly?
Lets not forget that reptiles are skinned alive to preserve the leather. Supposedly if the reptile is alive when skinned it makes the skin far more supple. Thats humane? At least the majority of rodents eaten in captivity are knocked out first before they ever reach the snake.

Yet these same wackos will kill plants! These people are the ultimate oxymoron. We raise animals to eat along with raising plants to eat. What's the difference? I bet they use weed killer on their lawns too. Also I am sure they use gopher poison to kill those rodents eating their garden! "Kill it while it's alive!"

Old 12-20-2005, 05:54 PM   #48
Junkyard
New petition out there, against inhumanely killing rats. But it is all for humanely killing them:

http://new.petitiononline.com/19837777/petition.html

Old 12-20-2005, 06:21 PM   #49
hhmoore
Quote:
It should only be legal to buy frozen feeders or if the person has a CO2 tank! It should be made illegal and considered animal cruelty to "bash" any animal over the head,
how else am I supposed to kill things with my CO2 tank? damn thing has been empty for years

Old 12-20-2005, 10:25 PM   #50
Cat_72
*snicker*

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!