Southern Crested newts - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Amphibians

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 10:41 PM   #1
mudbug
Southern Crested newts

I have a group of 4 Southern Crested newts(Triturus karelinii) that I raised from eggs up for grabs. They are 1.5 years old and probably 4-5 inches total length. I cannot house the group adequately when they become adults unless I slim it down. While in captivity they can be raised from egg to breeding adult in a year these have been grown slower but with continued care should be full grown by next year(around the time it takes in the wild). One or two do have slightly damaged tail tips but they will grow back without any incident.I may possibly have a lone female available later seperately. Very easy to keep(almost 100% aquatic and feed well on earthworms/frozen bloodworms etc.), grow quite large, and males are very attractive during breeding season with jagged crests on their backs.

$15 each, quantity discount if all four are purchased. Not including shipping, which will probably be anywhere from $20-$30 by USPS Express, weather permitting.

Trades for other amphibians/herps welcome. Even if you are not interested in purchasing I would be happy to answer questions. Pictures of all four individuals, which have been closely observed from hatching, available if requested.

Here are two photos from about a year ago.
  Contact User Check User
Old 09-23-2006, 09:23 PM   #2
mudbug
I've had a nibble or two. To sweeten the deal(this goes for anyone who's asked) I am switching out one of the juveniles and putting a known female in its place.

As mentioned above, trades welcome, and serious inquiries only.
  Contact User Check User
Old 09-24-2006, 01:16 AM   #3
nhorton83084
Hi joe. I have penninsular newts, dwarf sirens, greater sirens, lesser sirens, a three toed amphiuma, 1 green barred tiger salamander. Let me know if you'd be interested in any of these. Email me at shyguy83084@yahoo.com Nathan

Old 10-06-2006, 07:30 PM   #4
mudbug
emailed. These may be spoken for.
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-27-2006, 12:57 AM   #5
mudbug
Ok, it seems contact has been slow or lacking so if you guys who contacted are still interested please send in another update email. In the meantime open again to new offers. I've changed the group to include 3 juveniles and one nearly full grown female.
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-28-2006, 06:26 PM   #6
ohturtle
Hi

Hi I will take all 5 if you want to sell
Gary

Old 11-24-2006, 10:20 PM   #7
sixth_simpson
Are these still available?

Just wanted to find out if these were still waiting for a loving home. Please let me know! Thanks!

Old 11-24-2006, 11:30 PM   #8
mudbug
Yep, pm me. I have at least several people who were interested but they have appeared to have dropped out of contact.
  Contact User Check User
Old 11-27-2006, 07:38 PM   #9
sixth_simpson
Question Some questions....

I wanted to know if you were still interested in sending all 5, the four juveniles, and the female. If so, can you tell me what the shipping charges would be to ZIP code 97333 from where you are located? Will it be overnight shipping?

And, might the current weather conditions be harmful to the animals? The weather here in the valley is funny. We have been getting snow today....so it is cold...but might warm up to 50 to 55 degrees in the next few days. I am aware that these animals can be fine in temperatures as low as 39F(4 C), but would not want to combine the added stress of low temperatures with the stress of moving. You can reply to me here or e-mail me directly at sixth_simpson@yahoo.com. Thanks!

Old 11-28-2006, 06:11 PM   #10
mudbug
The group is actually 3 juveniles plus a female.

Yes, it would be overnight shipping or 2 day(USPS express, which I think will run around $20).

I don't think the cold would harm them much personally as long as it doesn't get to freezing. Hot weather can be deadly, though.
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread