Pics of African Soft Fur Rats - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 01-31-2007, 06:49 PM   #11
Ed Clark
Talking

Kevin, the advantage is that stubborn feeders will eat these, even after turning up their noses at every other rodent you can think of. these little critters are very destructive and will bite the crap out of you. as Bill mentioned something for them to chew on is important. less odor is a side benefit with these guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy
What is the advantage of these over lab type rodents? Do they get bigger, grow faster or have more babies?

Thanks

Old 01-31-2007, 08:05 PM   #12
mouseman
Pictures look great. Hope you're happy with them.

Fed 42 out this morning - 41 ate - one snake is in shed.

Now, how did you get them to hold still to get such a clear picture? LOL.

Old 01-31-2007, 08:10 PM   #13
Mooing Tricycle
oh man someones gotta breed these guys for tempermant... I WANT ONE! they "look" so darn cute.. and... cuddly....

Old 01-31-2007, 09:01 PM   #14
techgirl
I still think they are cute. Can't wait to pick some up at the next Hamburg show.

Old 02-01-2007, 06:46 PM   #15
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
OMG, I'm thinking this means I can NEVER bring my daughter with when I pick up feeders from you again......

They are SO cute!!!
Don't worry I got them hid in the back room.

Old 02-01-2007, 06:50 PM   #16
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy
What is the advantage of these over lab type rodents? Do they get bigger, grow faster or have more babies?

Thanks
Yes they are bigger than mice, but very much smaller that rats. I think as far as babies they are equivalent to mice. One big plus is they won't outgrow a good size meal for a ball python. Plus within a couple of weeks after weaning they are almost comparable to an adult mouse. Adult males reach 75 grams. I think (from what I have read they have a gestation average of 23 days and weaning average of 3-3 1/2 weeks.

Old 02-01-2007, 06:51 PM   #17
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark
Kevin, the advantage is that stubborn feeders will eat these, even after turning up their noses at every other rodent you can think of. these little critters are very destructive and will bite the crap out of you. as Bill mentioned something for them to chew on is important. less odor is a side benefit with these guys!

You must have the mean ones, Ed.

Old 02-01-2007, 06:53 PM   #18
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseman
Pictures look great. Hope you're happy with them.

Fed 42 out this morning - 41 ate - one snake is in shed.

Now, how did you get them to hold still to get such a clear picture? LOL.
Thanks!! So far, so good. They have settled in nicely. Everyone I took of them turned out, but have heard from others they are hard to get pictures of. Thanks again.

Old 02-01-2007, 06:54 PM   #19
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle
oh man someones gotta breed these guys for tempermant... I WANT ONE! they "look" so darn cute.. and... cuddly....

Old 02-01-2007, 06:55 PM   #20
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by techgirl
I still think they are cute. Can't wait to pick some up at the next Hamburg show.
Good Luck.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!