What are the odds???? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-29-2005, 10:20 AM   #1
WizardLizards
What are the odds????

We had two babies hatch between last night and this morning. One made it and the other died. They only incubated for 45 days. They both were fully formed one had what seemed to be the yoke sac on its stomach and looked like a little internal bleeding. I'm not sure what happened. The other is fully formed and obsorbed all of it's yoke sac, but is just really small. We were never expecting them to hatch so soon. Right now we have "Tiny" in a small Sterilite container with a hide and some water. Anything else we need to do?

Old 06-29-2005, 11:49 AM   #2
Jeremy Letkey
Keep it moist and humid. Keep the temps up on the higher end if possible. 92 degrees or so. Sorry the other didn't make it. I would also double check the temps in the incubator and my records o the lay date. 45 days is a little on the early side but not to extreme. Good luck.

Old 06-29-2005, 12:25 PM   #3
robin d.
great advice jeremy

Old 06-29-2005, 01:12 PM   #4
WizardLizards
We are doing as you suggested and the little one seems to be fine as of now. I have to get some batteries for my camera and next time I check on her I'll take a quick picture to show how small she is.

Old 06-29-2005, 01:27 PM   #5
WizardLizards
Here's the picture of our little one....

Here she is. I didn't want to stress her out so I didn't put anything in with her to compare size. But she is in a shoebox container with the paper towel folded in half, so imagine the print on the papertowel compared to her.
Attached Images

Old 06-29-2005, 01:34 PM   #6
Jeremy Letkey
Looks nice and healthy though. Not to mention ready to rip your hand off if you get any closer. LOL Now back up slowly.

Old 06-29-2005, 02:02 PM   #7
WizardLizards
Ya she didn't like me getting very close to her and she hissed at me. So hopefully everything turns out fine. Thanks for looking and responding.

Old 06-29-2005, 03:09 PM   #8
dragonflyreptiles
She looks great, Im sure whe will do fine for you with Jeremy's advise and sorry the other one didn't make it for you!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!