Anthony McCain - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-09-2007, 03:47 PM   #1
sig1980
Anthony McCain

Anyone do business with Anthony McCain/ McCain Reptiles. I would like to conduct a transaction with him, but it involves me sending him money before the animals are born (Pre-sell). Also involves Homozygous/Heterozygous pairs. Just wanted to know if it was a good idea.

Old 06-09-2007, 04:00 PM   #2
FunkyRes
I personally would never pre-pay for an animal that hasn't been produced yet.
Unless it is super rare, just too risky. Too many things can go wrong. If his house burns down, for example, it may be awhile before you get your money back even if he is 100% honest.

I know with very rare morphs it may be the only way to get in on the morph early - but then it should be a deposit and not the full amount that is required, IMHO.

Old 06-09-2007, 05:31 PM   #3
ChrisGilbert
Actually, the prepayment plan was my idea. He only asked for a deposit. I proposed it as a compromise since I was offering less that he was asking for in the specific deal. I figured since I was offering a lower price, it would show good faith on my part to make payments and pay the total off early.

Old 06-09-2007, 06:18 PM   #4
sig1980
Oops! That was me in the last post. I came home from work and used my son's laptop to check for any replies. I didn't notice when I went to the web site that it had automatically signed on as him. Sorry for any confusion.

Old 06-10-2007, 11:36 PM   #5
Whitewater Reptiles
I've purchased several Ball Pythons from Anthony and each transaction went smooth. I would have no problem putting a deposit on, or even paying in full, for an unborn animal that he expects to produce. Knowing that if he didn't actually produce the animal, then I would be refunded.
Either way, if you're putting a deposit down or paying in full - you need to feel comfortable with the situation.
I trust him - Anthony McCain is a Good Guy
Mike Derks

Old 06-11-2007, 08:32 PM   #6
Jim O
I think that you might want to read http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=86855. It shows a side of Anthony that is not his best. Not that the other party was completely blameless, but Anthony did not, in my opinion, handle himself at all well.

Old 06-13-2007, 03:06 PM   #7
sig1980
Thanks for the input

I want to thank all who contacted me and want to assure them I have read the old thread that had been started by evansnakes. My question was whether or not Anthony's animals were what he represented them to be. I think the BOI is a valuable resource that information can be SHARED on. When I get contacted OFF the BOI with personal messages I always question myself as to why that person would not post their reply publicly and give EVERYONE the benefit of their experience.
After all, if the information being conveyed were correct there would be no problem discussing it in public, right?
While I am not trying to be ungrateful to anyone who contacted me privately, I still cannot help but wonder if it is a personal vendetta they are trying to advance.
I still welcome any input as to whether someone otained an animal that was or was not as represented.

Old 06-14-2007, 09:09 AM   #8
Whitewater Reptiles
I have done business with both, Evan and Anthony, and all animals (boas & balls) have been represented correctly. Anthony and Evan are both Good guys, I followed that thread last fall, and for me - it doesn't change anything...
Mike Derks

Old 06-16-2007, 01:31 AM   #9
patc
I am going to agree with Mike. I have purchased BP's from Evan and Anthony and have no complaints from either. I wouldn't hesitate to do a pre-payment deal, in writing of course.

Pat Chandler

Old 09-20-2007, 09:20 PM   #10
SwSerpentarium
I picked up a 2.3 het albino balls from him a few weeks back. He shocked me by actually sending them the DAY we spoke on the phone and agreed to wait a few days for the money transfer. That blew me away... great guy.

James Bear

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!