Info Animal Plastics...my experience (pos and neg) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:03 PM   #11
juggalo
We have always had great luck with Mark and Ali they have always went above and beyond customer service and we love their cages.
Glad everything worked out.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:42 PM   #12
MTHReptiles
May I ask what sterilite tubs you are refering to?

confusion on the fact that the sterlite tubs sold for the rack I ordered are no longer made

Old 05-25-2009, 10:12 PM   #13
Diego Velarde
Love my AP racks and customer service

Got 3 racks from Animal Plastics so far and they are great! Yes it can take them 4 to 5 weeks to get them to you but they're completely worth it. Not to mention the customer service rocks.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:34 AM   #14
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHReptiles View Post
May I ask what sterilite tubs you are refering to?
1752/1754/1756 were all discontinued. 1851's (found at Walmart for $1) replace the 1752s perfectly...But the "replacement" tubs made by Sterilite for 1754 & 1756 are latchables and don't fit tightly into a rack because of how they are made.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:01 PM   #15
MTHReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
1752/1754/1756 were all discontinued. 1851's (found at Walmart for $1) replace the 1752s perfectly...But the "replacement" tubs made by Sterilite for 1754 & 1756 are latchables and don't fit tightly into a rack because of how they are made.
Thanks for the response. I have a stack of the 1756s so am ok there. I was going to order the 1754 rack but now that I know the containers are not available I'll have to look for an alternative. Thanks again

Old 09-01-2009, 01:21 PM   #16
pigslayer
Thumbs up

I just got 2 economy racks,customer service was good,it took a couple extra days for shipping due to waiting on flexwatt,pretty easy to put together

Old 09-01-2009, 02:19 PM   #17
Bill & Amy
I just wanted to touch base on the "replacements tubs" for the AP racks. They are the 1753 and the 1755 I believe and take place of the 1754 and the 1756. I have both tubs and use them in the 1754/1756 rack and work just fine no problem with fitting and no problem with escapes.

Here is where I got my rack and pictures of the tubs in it.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=126174

Old 09-02-2009, 07:33 AM   #18
TripleMoonsExotic
Bill, you keep primarily boids, correct? The replacement tubs in these racks that I've seen in person would allow a Cornsnake to get out, which is about 1/2 of what I keep. That and the things are more expensive then the original tubs because of the dumb latches.

AP though is more the willing to fit any tub into an economy rack. You're not restricted to what is currently listed on their website. Just email them with your tub size and number and they'll get a quote to you!

Old 09-02-2009, 09:13 AM   #19
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
Bill, you keep primarily boids, correct? The replacement tubs in these racks that I've seen in person would allow a Cornsnake to get out, which is about 1/2 of what I keep. That and the things are more expensive then the original tubs because of the dumb latches.

AP though is more the willing to fit any tub into an economy rack. You're not restricted to what is currently listed on their website. Just email them with your tub size and number and they'll get a quote to you!
Well Stephanie, I mainly do ball pythons. The tubs work just fine for those animals and would work great with others. I not going to get into a debate with you about corn snakes escaping from these tubs. There are a lot of variables about what size corns you are keeping in what size tubs. Are you're are telling me that a corn snake that is big enough to be in a 32 qt tub will fit out an 1/8" gap? I just don't understand why you are so set in telling people these tubs won't work, if you want to tell people they won't work for corns, fine. But lets not make a blanket statement that they plain don't work.

If you want to talk about this further we can talk about it in my rack thread linked above.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:23 AM   #20
TripleMoonsExotic
I agree that a blanket statement shouldn't be made that they just don't work. That's my fault for not clarifying. I know my Hogs and Cornsnakes can easily get out of the 15qt replacements. I've also had adult Cornsnakes get out of surprisingly small spaces...I don't know about an 1/8", but I've seen them force there heads out of something you wouldn't think they'd be able to. I also think a blanket statement shouldn't be made that they do work for all species either. One of the other reasons why I'm PO'ed about the whole thing is that if I did use the replacements for ball pythons, they wouldn't match my existing rack tubs and I would have to replace them all. I'm a stickler for consistency in my reptile room.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!